Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Damn it all, I ordered the DVD version of that that's also in the blowout bin. I would have rather had the Blu-ray, but I don't remember that being available when I ordered back in May. Still waiting on the order which like almost all my mail orders has spent way too much time in Pittsburgh. But at $5, I'll add the blu-ray to my next order if it's still available.

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

They may not play in a US standalone player, but free software exists to rip the DVD to your hard drive, remove any region codings and either play them from the hard drive or burn to DVD(s) as you wish.

3. I believe they'll work fine in American BD players. The Voodoo Lounge one may be problematic because the video isn't in HD even if it comes on a Blu-ray.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  4. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

I believe they are both SD.

hutlock likes this.
  5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Just got four giant boxes of stuff from DD today and wanted to report on these as I finally grabbed both the Marc Riley and the Huw Stephens vinyl. For one thing, the Huw Stephens is a 10” rather than a 12” and it is four fairly cool covers — Our Lips Are Sealed, Lovin You, Step Inside Love (BEATLES ALERT), and Back For Good.

Also happy to report that both the Stephens AND the Riley vinyl include a free copy of the CD versions. Nice bonus especially for the price!

6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I expect mine tomorrow as it is a stones throw away at this moment (but stranger things have happened with the mail of late).

I too ordered the Huw Stephens 10". Agree, looks like a nice value.

7. hutlock

Oh man. One of my boxes was a stand-alone of 10 CDs, 8 of which are from Japan. This might be the best order I’ve ever gotten from them. I’m pretty shocked I got all of these to be honest.

8. hutlock

Here’s that CD haul...

Phil Manzanera — The Music 1972-2008 SHM-CD double disc set
    The Tennors & Friends — Another Scorcher (clutch German rocksteady comp from the late 60s. Damn this is GOOD!!!)
    Fripp & Eno - Evening Star (Japan)
    Introducing the Kenny Drew Trio (Japanese BN 80 Works UHQ CD)
    ABBA - The Visitors (Japanese mini-LP SHM-CD)
    The Human League — Reproduction (Original Virgin UK with bonus cuts)
    The Residents — Mark of the Mole (Japanese mini-LP with bonus track)
    Haruomi Hosono — Hosono House (Japanese King reissue from 2005)
    Little Boots — Nocturnes (Japanese Hostess release with exclusive bonus cut)
    Cerys Matthews — Hullabaloo (just a regular U.K. import hahaha)

Plus that Gary Crowley box set.

Might be a few days before I get to those other boxes. Damn.

9. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Well, now that there's another coupon code (TIGER for 10% off 3 or more items), I decided to break down and pick up those Cast albums...only to find that Beet Root is the only one remaining. Just goes to show you - if you find something that you're remotely interested in (and have the money to do it), don't sleep on it! Oh well, they're only saving me from myself.

There was also a Beatles For Sale LP listed in the Blowout Bin for $6 and change, but I got a "product not found" message every time I tried to add it to my cart. So I will assume that it was there in error. Not that I don't already have eight pressings of the album anyway...

10. hutlock

I actually just placed a small order and had put that Beatles For Sale in my cart earlier today when it still worked. Placed the order and two minutes later, BFS was cancelled. So it looks like it was never really there, even though it let me place the order. Oh well.

11. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

To cover themselves from SNADs and to show up in used searches. I've ordered dozens and every one was new and shrinked. Maybe the occasional corner ding.

slipkid, Juggsnelson and Scope J like this.
  12. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

ack new coupon:
    Save $5 on all orders $40 or more.
    Use promo code THRESHER

superstar19 and Juggsnelson like this.
  13. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

ack, new coupon code...
    Save $5 on all orders $40 or more.
    Use promo code THRESHER

14. hutlock

Huh. I guess that’s a little more than 10% off as long as you keep the order under $50. This will take some strategy!

15. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

We need the bin restocked!!!!

16. hutlock

I am definitely okay waiting after that Target sale!!!

17. Juggsnelson

Between that and the Deep Discount sale code that expired today, I may have to buy another house!!

18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Famous last words.

My mega-DD order #1 arrived at the Anaheim Distribution Center late afternoon on 6/16. Normally, I'll see it the next day as it travels a mile or so to my post office and then it's out for delivery. Here we are, 6/19 and no movement. Oh well, gives me something to look forward to tomorrow.

I hope.

In the meantime, smallish-DD order #2 arrived today. I went on a full price bender, sucked in by a Big Big Train Japanese SHM compilation that I hadn't previously heard about. That one is still en route but the others arrived today (lapped the first order, eh?).

Big Big Train - Grand Tour (Japan SHM CD with bonus track and some sort of oversized booklet that I have yet to open)
    Big Big Train - The Difference Machine (I wasn't going to go back prior to when David Longdon took over as the vocalist but I cannot resist. This one so far is half decent but not quite the BBT that I came to know and love. EDIT: It is already growing on me!)
    Nouvelle Vague - Curiosities on vinyl (their albums are usually a lot of fun!)

The Manzanera is in the mega order. And #*@^$, the Fripp & Eno was one of my cancellations! :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  19. hutlock

The Fripp & Eno sure sounds sweet too man. Hahahahaha.

Did anyone else get the Duke Reid Here Comes the Duke compilation on LP when it up there? Music On Vinyl release on beautiful bright orange vinyl and it sounds INCREDIBLE. Plus it just happens to be some of the best rocksteady music ever produced in Jamaica. Playing it now with some mojitos and oh WOW is this good. I would have happily payed full price for it. Only 750 copies btw. How does stuff like this wind up in the Bin?! Damn.

20. Juggsnelson

They rolled quite a few MOV titles through the bin. Im playing The Status Quo- Collected set that I received the other day. Nice pressings and it sounds great.

SJP, superstar19, elsanto and 2 others like this.
  21. hutlock

Yeah, the Clarence “Blowfly” Reid album mentioned upthread is an MOV release too.

Anyway, I knew this name sounded familiar—this is the former frontman from the Thompson Twins in case anyone is a fan:
    BAILEY,TOM Science Fiction [Import] on DeepDiscount

SJP, latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  22. hutlock

Any Beastie Boys fans out there? BS 2000 was an Ad-Rock side project and it’s pretty fun. This was actually the final release on the Beasties’ Grand Royal label:
    BS 2000 Simply Mortified [Import] on DeepDiscount

Fun fact: the album was recorded and mixed by James Murphy and Tim Goldsworthy of DFA Records and LCD Soundsystem fame.

23. hutlock

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  24. Juggsnelson

I have the Tom Bailey album and it is quite good!

SJP, jamesc, latheofheaven and 2 others like this.
  25. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I'll 2nd that , bought it when it came out , i really enjoy it .

SJP, Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.