Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

2. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

PhantomStranger and superstar19 like this.
  3. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

With the new postal regs, their really aren't ANY good deal for Americans on Amazon.uk. I'm probably & sadly going to check out of this thread until the USA elects a new president.

hutlock, superstar19 and slipkid like this.
  4. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

Well guess what has turned up today

imarcq, gabacabriel and hutlock like this.
  5. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

imarcq and smartiepants like this.
  6. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I still haven't managed to get a refund from Amazon, but I'm posting about their new packaging, received a new release today and it was in a paper mailer, no card whatsoever, just the LP in a brown paper mailer offering zero protection, 3 out of 4 corners were creased, if this is a new standard for record packaging I won't be buying any more vinyl from Amazon.

imarcq likes this.
  7. SonicSorcerer

SonicSorcerer Forum Resident

Not Amazon, but for Motown fans in the UK there's a reasonable deal for pre-order on recordstore.co.uk for this interesting looking Motown: The Complete No. 1s - CD Box Set

11 CD's, about 190 tracks and a 100 page book (introduction by Smokey Robinson) housed in a Hitsville Motown building box.. it's £46.95 including the postage on the link above and there's seemingly one for £61.75 on Amazon.co.uk but looking around, I think they usually go for £119.

imarcq, ptijerm and Dubmart like this.
  8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Delivery to US adds another $50. So delivered cost is $100.

9. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

But I believe the poster lives in Nottingham.
    :--)

imarcq and hutlock like this.
  10. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

And this is the Amazon UK thread.

imarcq and The Elephant Man like this.
  11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, granted. I was just adding that comment for the (many) US people who frequent the UK thread (though not as closely over the past few months, as postage UK->US has gotten bad).

hutlock and SJP like this.
  12. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

Maybe even regularly at Big Apple records in Nottingham by his profile pic. :righton:

13. moomoomoomoo

There was a time this American bought almost as much from Amazon.UK as from .US. Between postage increases (NOT Amazon's fault), crummy cs & your stories of crummy packaging, those days seem to be gone. I suspect this thread will mostly be of use to UK residents, other than major pricing errors.

ptijerm, slipkid and imarcq like this.
  14. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

There was a time when I bought as much from Amazon US, the falling exchange rate and postage increases killed it for me so I feel your pain, I don't recall any bad packaging from the US thankfully, I do still have many fantastic box sets from those days though.

ptijerm, imarcq, harmonica98 and 2 others like this.
  15. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Postage rates have just dropped on Amazon US. I bought two 4K sets (Jaws and the Apocalypse Now 6 disc box) yesterday and shipping to the UK was 10 bucks.

A week ago postage for these two sets have been closer to $20. So there may be some light at the end of the tunnel.

ptijerm, imarcq, ibis and 2 others like this.
  16. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

17. moomoomoomoo

Glad UK residents aren't getting screwed anymore, just American ones!

slipkid and imarcq like this.
  18. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

That's disappointing! I had a new release LP delivered on Thursday and it was in the usual Amazon record mailer... hopefully the brown paper was a one off.... although I did on one single occasion earlier this year get another new release in white bubble wrap mailer. Record inside trashed! I think it's usually down to a rogue or dumb employee not following correct procedure sometimes? Hopefully... :(

hutlock and Dubmart like this.
  19. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident

I think they have, at least, moved on from sending LPs in no packaging whatsoever - just the address label stuck on the shrink wrap! I had one like that; not only did I have the worry of it getting damaged, but also everyone en route being able to see that I'd bought a Simple Minds LP.....

hutlock and imarcq like this.
  20. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

My amazon vinyl always comes in a big card board box with the record inside another card mailer ...only probs I’ve ever had was a third party seller and amazon refunded full cost and let me keep the record

imarcq likes this.
  21. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

That's how mine usually arrives, but not this week, what worries me is the mailer looks like is has been designed for LPs.

imarcq likes this.
  22. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

I stopped ordering vinyl from Amazon as the packaging was so OTT. The card mailer by itself would have been perfectly sufficient.

imarcq likes this.
  23. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Omron and imarcq like this.
  24. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

And exactly how you would imagine a collaboration between Sly & Robbie and Nils-Petter Molvaer would sound! (I have the 24/96 files.)

Omron, imarcq and hutlock like this.
  25. Johnta7

Johnta7 Forum Resident

No, they’re still sending stuff out with basically no packing. I had one delivered yesterday - absolute miracle it only had minor damage to the corners.
    HOWEVER I think I’ve discovered how to prevent it. I’ve noticed recently that when I get to the checkout payment page there’s sometimes a note on there (not prominent, you gotta look for it) that says the item will be packed in transparent material and the contents will be visible, or words to that effect. You have to cancel that and in the next pop up window you have the option to choose regular box protection.