Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

This Dylan mono big set is really great stuff.

dasacco, joelee, struttincool and 2 others like this.
  2. samwise

samwise Forum Resident

It really is spectacular and an improvement on the originals nearly across the board. Spending lots of time with this one.

dcarwin, dasacco and struttincool like this.
  3. Surrural

Surrural Well-Known Member

Wow. Yep. I had no idea. Love the sound. Fun find on a random Sunday :pleased:

hutlock and Gabe Walters like this.
  4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

"Somebody Come And Open My Eyes" from Rival Sons sounds pretty much like LZ to me.

Jspmike, johnny q and latheofheaven like this.
  5. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

I have a feeling those sets will be canceled.
    I did not even try ordering any.
    The UPC and DCPI seems to be removed from the Target site.
    No way to even search for it.
    Hey they honor the sets, I'm happy for those who did order them, I'm just not enough of a Neil Young fan to own a whole box set of his stuff.
    I prefer his work with Buffalo Springfield, CSNY, and his early albums, Goldrush being my favorite.

lv70smusic and latheofheaven like this.
  6. ispace

ispace Senior Member

No, you misunderstood. I want Amazon to have good sales of their own initiative, not just to attack competitors.

lightbulb likes this.
  7. jonathan

jonathan Senior Member

I think you probably mean fungible, not generic.

8. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

But that's standard practice in any business.

9. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

I did some digging, and it's a unique UPC... When you google it the only result is a link back to this message board (a few days ago the Target listing showed up in the results too, but now it's gone), so it obviously wasn't an existing product mix-up. Seems a legit UPC IMO. Additionally, the pre-release date matches up with the scheduled August 21st release.

The interesting part is the title of the listing! It said "1972-1982," but the archive is only supposed to cover 1972-1976. However, when you dig back into the history of Neil's Archive announcements, in 2009 he DID say that volume 2 would cover 1972-1982.

Neil Young Archives - Wikipedia

So it's looking like the change of dates (from 82 to 76) was a last minute decision on Neil's behalf, and may have been the reason for the delay. Target must be working with the information they were given by the label back in March or April.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, but I don't have my hopes up. If it DOES come through, it'll be a very, very crazy mail day for me - I'm almost ashamed to admit how many copies I bought, and I have a feeling the mailman is going to hate me :) I'm either going to make out like a bandit, or go through an extremely laborious return process. Will post an update when the time comes ;)

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  10. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Shawn, parkmebike, jimhb and 6 others like this.
  11. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

The Who's 'Tommy' Orchestral
    LP (12" album, 33 rpm)

$11.21

https://www.amazon.com/Whos-Tommy-O...ity:1248845011,p_74:1000-1200&s=music&sr=1-17

Celebrating 50 Years Of The Who’s Tommy.

The Who’s Tommy Orchestral. Performed by Roger Daltrey, with members of The Who band and the orchestra conducted by Keith Levenson with orchestration from David Campbell.

Double Gatefold Heavyweight Black Vinyl recorded in Budapest and Bethel in upstate New York, the scene of the first Woodstock festival 50 years ago, was produced by Roger and Keith Levenson and features the core band of Simon Townshend – Vocals / Guitar, Frank Simes – Guitar, Scott Devours – Drums, Jon Button – Bass, and Loren Gold – keyboards, all of whom have played with The Who live. Keith Levenson conducted The Budapest Scoring Orchestra from new orchestrations by David Campbell.

12. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

It shows the regular price as $12.64, so it might not be a huge bargain, to paraphrase a different Who track.

13. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Perhaps i am wrong, but I doubt the regular price of this double LP was 12.64.....likely just the previous low. Target has it for 26 bucks. Roger Daltrey - Who's 'Tommy' Classical (Vinyl)

rtalwani likes this.
  14. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

That would make sense.

15. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  16. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

Ordered! Thanks for the heads up. I was patient with this one. I had no idea it had even dropped as low as $55.

hutlock likes this.
  17. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Wow, me neither. I definitely would have pulled the trigger for $44 even though I already bought the standalone LP.

latheofheaven likes this.
  18. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

It dropped as low as $33-34 for a few days a while back.

Even at that price, I didn't see enough value in the set to bite.

joelee and Davidmk5 like this.
  19. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

It is a really nice looking set. Presentation isn't usually a huger factor for me when making purchases but this set is very well put together.

20. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

I agree with your take on this -
    I cannot claim to know which company actually rolled out this “3 for 2 sale“ first, but I can imagine that Amazon sees fit to do so, if only just to impact and squelch Target’s sales program - and nothing more.

superstar19 likes this.
  21. hype

hype Forum Resident

It's def. Target's sale without a doubt but personally I don't see much of a problem with it. As long as I still get great deals these massive retailers can do whatever they want to each other and at the end of the day I mostly bought from Target and got some nice prices on things i've had in my want list for quite awhile. Amazon does the same thing all the time with Walmart and the majority of the other major retailers through all the departments and have for quite awhile. I do wish they had there own sales more often like in the past but I doubt we will be seeing that anytime soon as they are only getting bigger and bigger with there current model. Amazon still has some pretty amazing prices randomly on albums though if you watch closely and act fast since much of the time the price shoots back up after a couple people buy it. Honestly, what frustrates me more then anything are the resellers with the bots that watch all these sites and grab the best deals way before most (including camel camel camel) even have the slightest clue. It is what it is though, I still pull off a few great finds here and there just nowhere near as many as I used to.

latheofheaven and lightbulb like this.
  22. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Juggsnelson and Haggis Wampovich like this.
  23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

24. mantis4tons

mantis4tons Forum Resident

GentleSenator likes this.