Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident

I went all in last week when the Bin was restocked. My two orders are suppose to arrive early this week. The first order was placed on the day that it was restocked and the second order was placed a day or two later. I think that everything is in backorder (i.e., the kiss of death) now except for the Mark Nevin and Rose Elinor Dougall CDs. Only had one item (Living Country Blues U Vol 1) get cancelled from my orders so am pleased with this latest dip into the bin.

1st Order (all CDs)
    Living Country Blues U [Import] Vol 2 - Country Blues compilation of field recordings from the early 1980s as captured by some German blues enthusiasts
    Eternal Flame: Perfect Best [Import] - The Bangles; Japanese Compilation with an accompanying DVD
    Yerself Is Steam - Mercury Rev; Sort of missed this band the last 20 years but getting into them now with their recent remake of the Bobby Gentry "Delta Sweetie"
    Australia 2013 [Import] - The New Mendicants; Joe Pernice and Norman Blake (from Teenage Fanclub) on a one-off endeavor that they did
    Strike Up The Sally Ann [Import] - Mark Nevin; Principal songwriter from Fairground Attraction who has gone on to an under-the-radar career as a solo artist
    Seasons on Earth [Import] - Meg Baird; Singer-songwriter who is also the lead vocalist in the band, Heron Oblivion
    Music Deli Presents Archie Roach 1988 [Import] - Archie Roach; Compilation of live radio performances from one of the great Australian / Aboriginal musicians
    Last Man Standing [Import] - Boo Hewerdine and Kris Drever; Collaboration EP from two of the UK's best singer-songwriters
    Back the Dogs [Import] - Eddi Reader; Latest solo album from the amazing Eddi Reader (former lead for Fairground Attraction)
    Nice Nice Very Nice (Imported) - Dan Mangan; Canadian singer-songwriter. Don't know much about him but have heard good things so took a flyer on this
    Atonally Young [Import] - Davey Lane; Drummer for the great Auusie band, You Am I, playing a variety of power pop and guitar-driven tunes

2nd Order (all CDs)
    Louisiana Blues [Import] - Robert Pete Williams; Classic bluesman who was part of the 60's blues revival
    New Illusion [Import] - Rose Elinor Dougall; UK musician who is compared to Laura Marling; Enjoyed what I heard so decided to give her a try
    Sydney Rococo [Import] - Steve Kilbey; Release 523 :) in the ubiquitous solo catalog from the frontman of the Church....heard good reviews on this release
    Somewhere We Will Find Our [Import] - Jim Bryson; Another Canadian that I've heard good things about and taking a flyer on as well
    Sand & Stone [Import] - The McMenamins; Sibling duo from Australia that play a variety of folk, country and Americana

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  2. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Nice grab on the Steve Kilbey! I'm guessing the Bangles DVD will not be PAL?

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  3. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident

Discogs shows the Bangles DVD as NTSC. However, the DVD is only four music video clips - so if it doesn't play in my region free DVD player, it's no big loss. I really wanted to get a good quality compilation that included a lot of their earlier songs.

superstar19, hutlock and Juggsnelson like this.
  4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

New code today!

10% off orders of 2+ items
    BULLSHARK

5. hutlock

New code today!

10% off orders of 2+ items
    BULLSHARK

6. hutlock

I have a bunch more CDs to post but I probably won’t get to it until tomorrow... watch this space! Sadly we are down to fumes on the vinyl bin.

7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Mega order arrived today. Only 6 days for it to make it from Anaheim to Anaheim.

Looks like it'll take me several days to get through everything.

8. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

This is actually good. My wallet needs to recover from Target and Amazon's B2G1F sales...

9. hutlock

I absolutely agree.

But I’m still going to post a bunch of CD deals. Hahahaha

SJP, Tjazz, The Elephant Man and 5 others like this.
  10. Juggsnelson

And vinyl lol! I feel like more are getting added any day now. I'm building more shelves in anticipation.

11. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

12. Juggsnelson

Those two sets you mentioned are a steal!

That Impulse set looks great! I have many of Hip-O Selects Soul packages and I love every one. Good sound and great notes. Reviews seem positive on this one.

13. hutlock

Yeah that Creed Taylor set looks great and has good reviews. I never bought it because I have all those albums featured in it already but for the price it seems like a good one.

14. hutlock

Ok, CD deals!

Various Artists Sounds Of Reggae 1 / Various [Import] on DeepDiscount Selected by Sly & Robbie and it says it is FIVE DISCS!

RICH,BUDDY / HAMPTON,LIONEL Transitions [Import] on DeepDiscount Buddy Rich, Lionel Hampton, Zoot Sims in a Ltd Ed Japanese remaster

The Dead Weather Dodge & Burn on DeepDiscount Indie Supergroup including Jack White and my girl Allison Mosshart from the Kills, and it comes with a T-Shirt to boot!

Eric Clapton Clapton Chronicles on DeepDiscount

Rory Gallagher Fresh Evidence [Import] on DeepDiscount Japanese SHM-CD with bonus tracks

Speedy Ortiz Twerp Verse [Import] on DeepDiscount Recent indie rock flavor-of-the-month, Japanese CD with bonus tracks

The Dylan Group Ur-Klang Search [Import] on DeepDiscount Really excellent post-rock LP, Japanese version with extras. RIYL Tortoise, Gastr Del Sol, and all those Chicago guys

Young-Holt Unlimited Beat Goes on [Import] on DeepDiscount Japanese remaster

Of Montreal White Is Relic / Irrealis Mood [Import] on DeepDiscount Japanese import

Uriah Heep Ultimate Collection: Remastered [Import] on DeepDiscount Japanese import

More to come!

PhantomStranger, SJP, Tjazz and 8 others like this.
  15. Juggsnelson

The Dead Weather album is great. That Sound of Reggae set has 60 tracks or so.

SJP, latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  16. hutlock

I wish they would say what size the Dead Weather T-shirt is!

latheofheaven likes this.
  17. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

most were Large that i ever saw , it was a best buy Exclusive packaging .

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  18. hutlock

Yeah I’d like to think I could get into a Large BEFORE the lockdown but now? Probably not.

19. hutlock

Following up on this, this Clifford Brown Complete Blue Note 3CD set is a STEAL for $12 and change:
    Clifford Brown Brownie Speaks / the Blue Note Albums on DeepDiscount

Also this 10-disc Sony CD set has got nothing but fantastic albums in it, though I can’t speak to which mastering are used. Still as an introductory jazz set, you really can’t go wrong with this for $9.23!:
    Various Artists Jazz 10 / Various [Import] on DeepDiscount

20. hutlock

21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Anyone else here get the Stephen Cummings vinyl from the bin? First listen from my mega order. I have 10 of his CDs (a double Sports comp plus a couple of their albums, 7 of his solo albums including one that was produced by Steve Kilbey). Have always liked his stuff to continue exploration and this vinyl was a no brainer. It absolutely blew me away, so much that I ordered a 4 CD 50 song version of this same comp (vinyl is 25 songs) from Amazon. Brilliant artist!

[​IMG]
    Stephen Cummings ‎– A Life Is A Life
    Label:
    Bloodlines ‎– BLOODLP44
    Format:
    2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Compilation, Numbered, Blue, Orange
    Australia
    Released:
    05 Apr 2019

22. Juggsnelson

Sad I missed this! I may have to jump on the cd set!

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  23. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

DD probably has the best price right now, especially if you find something else and get the 10% off 2 items. It would come out to $34 & change or about $7 less than I paid (I used Amazon because I had a Father's Day gift card...that didn't last long!).

Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  24. hutlock

I tried to get it but it was gone before you told me about it! Glad you are liking it so much though.

Juggsnelson, SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  25. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

agreed on the clifford brown, I grabbed that a few sales ago, it's great... looks like the 10disc box is out of stock wont let me add.. but thanks!

hutlock and Juggsnelson like this.