Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Another good idea is to tick the box that it’s a “gift” - then it’s sure to be put in an exterior box.

2. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

black sheriff, Johnta7 and Gavaxeman like this.
  3. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Unbelievable that they're making it that difficult. My understanding (UK residents may correct me) is that even internal UK postage has gone up significantly, & Amazon is probably trying to not lose their shirt on Prime. Nonetheless, that is despicable imo.

4. imarcq

Yes the Royal Mail have upped the postal costs. It's not just domestic prices but international too. They stopped Saturday delivery here during the lockdown, but I think thats started up again now.

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  5. Anno

Anno Forum Resident

imarcq likes this.
  6. imarcq

I reckon it's already OOP and they probably had just a few, or even no chance of getting any. But they were taking orders. Obviously not now!

Anno likes this.
  7. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Loads going cheap now.
    Just look in the right places.
    It’s not rocket science :edthumbs:

8. moomoomoomoo

The problem with the huge sites is it is either rocket science, or if they have a link to sale items only, it can be a several hour ordeal for those who wish to browse. IMO, the answer is both a link to sale items only & EXTREME & accurate categorization.

Anno and hutlock like this.
  9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yes. This. and posting to just “look in the right places” ain’t very helpful at all in a Deals thread.

10. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Tim Burgess - I love the new sky , splattered vinyl LP £11.54

https://amzn.to/3i1ZlLM

I was tempted on this one before release, been listening to some of his twitter listening parties during lockdwon. Had a quick listen on youtube just now and it sounds great, not like The Charlatans, who i also like. And that vinyl looks gorgeous, i've ordered and arrives tpmorrow. Nice deal.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    hutlock likes this.
  11. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident

That didn't last long....

12. imarcq

Sometimes even looking in the wrong places can yield surprise results. I had a pre-order for the Marillion set on Amazon that looked for ages to be a victim of the Coronavirus new release delay.

I looked on Fish's site and they were unexpectedly in stock....a small premium on the Amazon price....but it shipped straight away, and to my delight was signed by Fish. It's not available there now. I tried to cancel the Amazon order but it had entered the shipping phase by then. So I ended up with two sets!

I sold the spare unsigned set as an auction on eBay.....I covered all my costs for the signed copy and ended up with about £10 profit! :) Plus those signed Fish copies are going for a couple hundred quid now!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    slipkid, hutlock and moomoomoomoo like this.
  13. moomoomoomoo

Hopefully postage from the UK to the USA will go back to previous levels with the new USA president in January. I used to order a lot of music & film from the UK. The sad thing is that the USA gvt did this to our own citizens. The UK is totally blameless.

slipkid and imarcq like this.
  14. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

New president or no, I very seriously doubt that costs will come down. Have you ever heard of them reducing the price of stamps? I don’t think postal services have EVER gotten cheaper, only more expensive. I could definitely see them staying steady but not actually reducing. Of course I hope I’m wrong...

Dubmart, slipkid and Davidmk5 like this.
  15. moomoomoomoo

Minimizing politics, the USA FORCED this postal increase. I'm hoping the USA will rescind it.

slipkid, Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  16. Almost Simon

Now back in stock, grab quickly if you want it.

brownsound2112 likes this.
  17. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Cheers Order placed

18. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

It was announced this week the post office is cutting shedloads of jobs because profits are down.
    I feel for all those poor people loosing there jobs.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  19. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

BUGGER, I MISSED IT TWICE!!!

imarcq likes this.
  20. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

keep dreaming

Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  21. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I tried to say that earlier but my post got deleted for being "political". Sigh. Moomoo needs to watch out!

hutlock likes this.
  22. Almost Simon

Kindle Unlimited – 3 months free

Amazon Promotions

● Unlimited access to over 1 million books and thousands of books with Audible narration
    ● Unlimited access to over 60 magazine subscriptions
    ● Read anytime, on any device with the free Kindle app

Redeem before 11:59p.m., 28 June 2020.

Existing Kindle Unlimited subscribers are not eligible.
    3 months - £0.00
    List Price: £23.97
    Price: £0.00
    Save £23.97 (100.00%)

Of course, must make a note to cancel before end of 3 months otherwise you will be charged. £7.99 per month.

23. starbuck

starbuck Forum Resident

You can cancel the membership as soon as you've signed up for the free trial, the free trial will still continue until the end of the 3 month period.

24. Almost Simon

ooh, didnt know that, nice.

25. moomoomoomoo

If they do this in the USA, it would be tempting; though I'd be embarrassed to admit to how many Kindle books I own & haven't read yet.............. Save yourself the grief I've had & don't sign up for the .99-$2.99 daily sale emails both from Amazon & their affiliates!