Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Most of me says these will be cancelled, but never underestimate the logistical errors of large companies drop shipping merchandise. Even a small company like VMP experienced fulfillment issues at the first of the year where people were getting the square of every album they ordered (if you bought 2 you got 4, if you bought 4 you got 16), I'd say it's about 50/50 whether they cancel or Target passes blame onto distributor and just says "eat the cost of the first X number of orders that made it through"

Cymb79 and hutlock like this.
  2. Cymb79

Cymb79 Forum Resident

Not sure if this has been stated already, forgive me if it has, but what if this was just a promo CD with selections from the box set? Do they still do that anymore?

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah for $3.99 I brought up the fact that it might just be a single-disc sampler or something. In which case I’d still happily pay $3.99 for it!

Surrural likes this.
  4. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

A retailer like Target wouldn't be selling a promo cd, though. When those are available to purchase, it's always from a retailer that buys and sells used cds.

5. hutlock

See above—I think maybe when he said Promo he might have meant a single-disc smaller for retail. But maybe not.

6. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

Took a chance on Target due to the sale. Ordered 2 Tone Poets and the two Coltrane preorders and snagged two free records (The War on Drugs and The Roots). I just received the two free records as everything else was a preorder. They came in a decent shipper but needed something to fill up the extra space in the box. They’re both banged up to the point that I’m considering returning them and canceling the order. I’d rather pay more and receive items that haven’t been handled by Ace Ventura.

You get what you pay for.

GentleSenator likes this.
  7. hutlock

Hmmm. I haven’t received any vinyl yet, just books and SACDs. I will say though that indications are that if you call them up they will make it right for you, either by shipping a replacement or by refunding you. I’d at least try that first before you give up on the preorders.

8. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah, my experience is all over the map with stuff from target.... just like any other big retailer. but like @hutlock says: they'll make it right for you with essentially zero hassle.

hutlock likes this.
  9. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

I’m going to see what they’ll do but expectations are low. The two titles are sold out and were the two free items.

10. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

I received my 2.28.69 Grateful Dead Vinyl Set, yesterday --- my Stones Bridges to Babylon vinyl was officially released, today - so it is slated for next week.

My Dylan Oh Mercy record is slated for 2021 - I am guessing when I finally get that ship notice, I gonna have forgotten that I ordered it.

Levi's Tubs and hutlock like this.
  11. Rob Zarzecki

Rob Zarzecki Forum Resident

First of the last order came. Sonny Rollins ordered, received solo George Thorogood vinyl. Rollins is out of stock, no need to return the mistake and can just just keep donate, destroy George Thorogood. It's a shame I don't listen to George Thorogood. At least their return policy was pretty simple. This is just a heads up for anyone else who has to return a mistake to check the choices given in the return section on target.com as I was almost taking it back for full credit but now I'm getting full credit and don't have to take it back

Vanzetti likes this.
  12. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Sell it here, I'm sure someone will take it off your hands.

13. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

amzons the same way, which makes sense considering someone said theyre using the same dropshipments.

hutlock likes this.
  14. hutlock

At my company, if your merch is worth less than $50 and you need to return it, we tell you to keep it and we credit you anyway. We call it a “Field Scrap” it isn’t worth the shipping costs or the manpower to bother taking it back and doing the paperwork and refiling it in the warehouse for stuff that costs less than that. I would imagine places like Target and Amazon are operating on basically the same principle.

15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

they are. i ordered a MFSL lp that was pretty beat up when it arrived, and target just refunded me and told me to "donate or recycle" the LP. nice.

MonkeyLizard and hutlock like this.
  16. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Ordered 3 of the Stones reissues that came out today on this sale, and disappointing that they're still preparing to ship. Oh well, with redcard discount still saved me about $10 more than the udiscover 30% off.

hutlock likes this.
  17. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

It seems that in almost every case when I have some damaged vinyl, like album jackets with big creases, Amazon or Target requires me to return them (at their cost) before they refund my purchase price.

18. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Pretty good chance Neil Young's going to cancel this before it comes out anyway

Tjazz and hutlock like this.
  19. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Ordered Miles and Monk on Vinyl during the sale and my package arrived today only to contain...

Slayer- Reign in Blood.

They're pretty close, right?

20. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

My vinyl showed up last Friday and yesterday. Now I will sit on the porch and wait patiently for
    Archives II to arrive!
    :--)

21. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Still waiting for 2 of my three ordered . First arrived the same week, second just shipped and the third is estimated mid July

22. Received my order, Herbie Hancock The Prisoner LP was extremely warped and dished. Went to return it online and the site said it’s out of stock so a refund was the only option. I agreed figuring I could buy it later and then noticed they only gave me a refund of $17 for a $27 (plus tax, so close to $30) purchase. Makes me angry as they’re reducing my refund due to the 2-for-1 deal but the main reason I bought three albums was to get The Prisoner. It’s not my fault they don’t have it in stock to do an exchange. Very, very lame. I’d return the other two LPs but I’ve already opened them and they’re not defective.

23. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident Thread Starter

They always give a pro-rated refund, which is the only fair way of dealing with this. Otherwise, someone could return the two items they were charged for and end up without paying anything for the "free" item.

hutlock, Davidmk5 and superstar19 like this.
  24. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

I've never returned vinyl to Target, but Amazon has NEVER allowed me to keep a defective LP. A return (at their expense) has always been requested.

25. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Well, submitted wrong item request. The Miles record is out of stock, so I'm just getting a refund (bummer) but I don't have to return this Slayer record.

I wish they would offer the chance to select an item comparable to the price of the out of stock album.