Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Same here. Agree. The first one was purple vinyl.

2. Roosevelt Sykes

Roosevelt Sykes Forum Resident

No Nitzer Ebb from my popmarket order.
    At what point can DD's practices be deemed an illegal bait and switch?
    They seemingly advertise products for sale that they have no intention/ability to fulfill. But it gets you poking around their site to meet that $25 threshold.

Davidmk5, latheofheaven and DLD like this.
  3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

There is no bait & switch. You didn't order Nitzer Ebb and get Dolly Parton instead.

Any item in the Blowout Bin has at least one copy. If that is the case and once the single copy is ordered, it apparently takes their system some time to reflect that on their multiple platforms whether DD, importCDs, PopMarket, etc.

4. Roosevelt Sykes

Roosevelt Sykes Forum Resident

How are you certain the Bin "has at least one copy"?

Davidmk5 and Juggsnelson like this.
  5. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Forty pages of this thread indicate that the vast majority of orders are filled. The name "Blowout Bin" suggests that they're getting rid of remaining stock of titles, and/or for other reasons. It's easy to imagine that in some cases, "remaining stock" means inventory in the dozens, while in other cases the inventory might be <5 copies of a particular title.

I'm still working my way through the bounty of riches I got from Blowout Bin months ago, including some audiophile LPs from Speakers Corner, limited editions, Music On Vinyl LPs, deluxe box sets, import LPs and CDs at 70% or more discount. I might have had a title or two canceled that they couldn't fulfill, but I happily received at least 100+ other titles that I ordered.

Please take the tin-foil-hat conspiracy theory **** elsewhere. This has been an overwhelmingly positive and enjoyable thread for months. There's no conspiracy to screw you here.

uzn007, kouzie, superstar19 and 7 others like this.
  6. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Yes, I second the motion that we not go down the "well how to you know" rabbit hole and stick to the pleasant Blowout Bin deal alerts and info

uzn007, SJP, latheofheaven and 3 others like this.
  7. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Thats a great set from MOV.

8. Juggsnelson

I'm pretty sure when a deal has been posted, at least the person originally posting the deal has gotten a copy. The issue is they are a huge conglomerate offering some of these titles at blowout prices on several different sites under several different company names. For the savings I have received, I can deal with a few cancellations...especially since you keep the free shipping. You could actually use that to your advantage if you bought a $3 CD and attached it to a pricier item that you know they don't have in stock.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I think that’s almost always true. I definitely post plenty of deals here but I haven’t always ordered them first—I try to keep it from bankrupting me hahaha. Like that Beatles LP posted above—mine got cancelled immediately so I didn’t bother to post it. So I never knowingly post a deal that I suspect is not really there.

But yes, let’s lay off with the conspiracy theories. Things sell out when they are on clearance, and there are people all over the world buying from the same Bin. Sometimes you miss out. There is nothing illegal or dishonest about it in the slightest.

elsanto, SJP, superstar19 and 3 others like this.
  10. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

LONG LIVE THE SHARK!!!

11. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Because I've ordered said one copy and the item goes out of stock soon thereafter. It would make absolutely zero sense to post items in the bin that are not in stock, whether one copy or 50.

I too have missed out on but a handful of Blowout Bin orders against easily over a hundred received. I'm not worried about any sort of conspiracy going on here.

12. Surrural

Surrural Well-Known Member

The Blowout Bin reminds me of the 'Wishing Well' at Perkins back in the day. Anyone born & raised in the MW can probably relate to the post-pancake surprises to be had in that bottomless well of plastic goodness & rubber delights.

Like Perkins, the Blowout Bin is a ****in' hoot! I've scored some serious swag for nothing, insane comps for waaay below cost and even the occasional 'refund ~ why the hell is it still listed after I've been refunded like 3 times?' conundrum makes for some laughs when the CC/$$$ refund posts.

Long live DD... and long live the 'diggers' that keep postin' those Blowout Bin finds!:righton::righton::righton:

hutlock, elsanto, Juggsnelson and 3 others like this.
  13. hutlock

Speaking of which... that last shark based 15% off code MEGALODON expires tomorrow so if you’ve been sitting on any orders make sure you get them in before it expires!

14. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  15. Juggsnelson

16. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident

As a follow-up to the earlier posts about whether the Bin "has at least one copy", I went back and reviewed my orders and I've been successful on 103 out of 110 items during the last year - so I have a 93.6% success rate with securing my desired items. I probably have a higher success rate than the average as I do all my fishing from the CD Bin and I also tend to lean toward the more obscure titles / artists - but I've been extremely pleased with my success rate on the Bin items that I've ordered.

17. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

18. Juggsnelson

19. hutlock

So did I. Considering how they cancelled last time, I’m not optimistic but what the hell.

Guys I went through the entire CD bin yesterday and I’ve got a BUNCH of deals to post but I honestly don’t think I’m going to have time to get them all up here before the MEGALODON coupon expires...

20. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Just post artist/title rather than links. We can then search if there is something of interest.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  21. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

^+1

I've got 13 in the cart right now, but hoping @hutlock posts a few more before my final cuts are made in 3 hrs...

btw, some of these Japan CD's in the bin have been great ( the young-holt unlimited, big bill broonzy, transition, just to name a few)

22. Dan

Dan Senior Member

23. hutlock

Yeah, I don’t know if you got that Japanese Elmore James as well but that one is fantastic too.

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  24. Juggsnelson

Nitzer Ebb, Stones Voodoo Uncut and Chris Spedding all canceled. Maybe the third time will be the charm for me.

latheofheaven likes this.
  25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Nitzer Ebb set @ PopMarket for $73 with free shipping before additional coupon, FWIW. not like any of us are actually getting it :p