Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged Thread Starter

RayS will try marmite before he tries THAT,

Paulwalrus, RayS and Arnold Grove like this.
  2. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Not that anyone asked but no fooling, I have Marmite almost every morning and have for close to 30 years. English friend turned me on to it and I've never looked back. Good on toast (it's best combined with butter though not necessary), better on a bagel but simply superb on a buttered bialy.... the combo of the butter, salty Marmite goodness and onion in the bialy is sheer
    [​IMG]

Interestingly (or not) enough, the stuff is in short supply right now as not as much brewers yeast (beer by-product) is being produced due the pandemic.

"Ode To A Marmite Jar" would make a great McCartney b-side.

Who Cares, omikron, mrjinks and 2 others like this.
  3. mrjinks

I actually like the stuff, too, although I recently got an Aussie boss who insists the very similar Vegemite is superior. I can actually tell the difference, but don’t know that I favor one or the other. PS: Paul likes his bagels with butter, marmite AND hummus!

4. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

She only knew whipped cream.

5. ConnieGuitar

Vegemite is nowhere near as good imo but each to his/her own. And as I posted a few years back in the NEW album thread about that Marmite/hummus combo...
    I'll get my coat now...

Paulwalrus likes this.
  6. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Ya know, a lot of people who've had Montreal bagels would disagree with you.

As a Montrealer, however, I do agree with you.

7. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

"Today Ringo Starr announced “Ringo’s Big Birthday Show,” a broadcast to benefit 4 charities: Black Lives Matter Global Network, the David Lynch Foundation, Musicares and WaterAid. It will air on Ringo’s YouTube and on at 5pm PST on July 7, 2020, Starr’s 80th birthday. The show will include unique home performances as well as never before seen concert footage from Starr, Paul McCartney and Joe Walsh as well as Gary Clark Jr, Sheryl Crow, Sheila E and Ben Harper and more."

RINGO TO CELEBRATE 80TH BIRTHDAY WITH STARR STUDDED CHARITY BROADCAST, "RINGO'S BIG BIRTHDAY SHOW"

Tord, speedway, omikron and 7 others like this.
  8. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Linked to this:

A 36 minute interview with Ringo from Rolling Stone

Ringo Starr Announces 80th Birthday Charity Show with Paul McCartney and More

9. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

A bagel and a cup of tea? That's no lunch Paul.

Who Cares likes this.
  10. Thanks for that - the Birthday Show with Macca and several friends should be very good. It’s live on YouTube July 7

I managed to get a Macca’s Egypt Station Concert a little while back in the same format. Chances are I (maybe others?) could use a quick techno reminder tip on how to get that up and running as the date nears. Thanks!

11. Linked to Macca’s last email to his fans is this statement.
    I think it’s totally Great!
    Thanks, Paul.

Paul on Black Lives Matter
    [​IMG]
    TAGS

BeSteVenn, Eska68, Tord and 7 others like this.
  12. Bilbo Swaggins

Bilbo Swaggins Forum Resident

Well said Paul

Paperback Writer likes this.
  13. ConnieGuitar

It was/is always annoying - and heartbreaking - to me that too many folks I'd encounter as a black female Beatle fan were nowhere near as enlightened as their heroes. There were always a couple of us at Beatlefests and most were welcoming of us (if a little bemused) but there were sadly also some straight-up jerks around. Would like to say that's old news but as some of the Whoopi Goldberg comments on here about the Ron Howard doc (as well as some seriously unhinged folks over at Maccaboard) put paid to that. Fingers crossed that things are indeed getting better all the time.

Thanks as usual, Paul, and really looking forward to the stream for Ringo's big day! Was at his show in NYC 10 years ago when Paul came on stage to sing "Birthday" for his 70th - time is going by *way* too quickly.

Didn't I say earlier I was getting my coat? Will do now, I promise!

14. mrjinks

15. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Revoxy, Who Cares, omikron and 5 others like this.
  16. mrjinks

Just want to mention that you do a great job of finding little-known releases that have escaped many of our eyes.

Thank you, kind sir, and keep up the good work!
    :righton:

17. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

99 percent of the time, I'm just looking through the "credits" sections on discogs. I've found plenty of stuff there that I would have missed otherwise!

18. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

+1. Outstanding work @revolution_vanderbilt and I always appreciate you posting such finds. I’ll have to get this to add to my Songs The Beatles Gave Away Collection.
    :cheers:

19. Susan Gagne

Susan Gagne Fab4Fan since January 1964

Here's another one I haven't seen anyone mention. Paul plays bass on these three songs from the 2013 French soundtrack album for the film "L'Ecume des Jours": Adieux, Courses Cloches, and Fleuriste.

Various - L'Ecume Des Jours - Bande Originale Du Film

20. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

I found it very heartwarming. It seemed pretty obvious that Ringo is missing having people around. This is just such a sad time for everyone.

mrjinks and longdist01 like this.
  21. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Somewhere way back when I saw this tidbit about Paul playing bass on this French album and bought it from Amazon.fr. There really should be a dedicated thread to new Beatle related releases and collaborations.

22. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Celui-là?

23. Susan Gagne

Susan Gagne Fab4Fan since January 1964

I bought it a earlier this year from them as well. I still like to get the physical media. To get the Thelma Plum "Better In Blak" CD featuring Paul I had to buy it directly from Warner Music in Australia! It had an autograph card, too - but the signature was by Thelma, not Paul, of course! CDs are getting difficult to find!

Who Cares and omikron like this.
  24. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Paul McCartney on Twitter:

"Today Paul joins artists, promotors, agents, venues and more in asking the UK government to protect the live music industry. Share photos and videos of the last show you went to using the hashtag #LetTheMusicPlay to show your support!"

[​IMG]

25. Ralph the Wonder Llama

Ralph the Wonder Llama Forum Resident