Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Its also not Target’s fault that the LP is warped.

2. Rob Zarzecki

Rob Zarzecki Forum Resident

Not sure which one you're looking for but they did have Sketches of Spain the mono version available. They also have Joe Henderson elements the nice pressing I forgot which label

3. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

It was the Monk Miles album that I ordered. They're out now.

4. hype

hype Forum Resident

Up until early this year they used to let you still communicate through email which was so much easier to do and I had great luck with them just saying I could keep the item and get the refund which is very welcomed to me since I live a good 40 or so minutes from the post office. Since then, the email doesn't work anymore which is bs since one of the last times I returned something larger they required pictures which they told me to send to that same email and even though I got the now standard (this email address does not accept incoming emails) message the CS agent got them still haha. The best you can do now is a discount which is sometimes worth it to me not to deal with the post office but most of the time I just do the full return now as well.

Target on the other hand is like how Amazon used to be, you have a problem and they just give you a full refund and let you keep the item which I hope too many people don't take advantage of so it stays that way.

So far with this current sale 1 out of 3 records were damaged and I had heavy damage to some MoFi sleeves looking like a dog got a hold of one of them o_O

I have I believe 4-5 more coming this week so hopefully they're just all good because i'm really tired of dealing with damaged items lately.

Vanzetti likes this.
  5. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Thanks for the info. Seems like there are 2 ways to start a return. Do you click on “fix an issue”or the “returns/ receipts”

6. hype

hype Forum Resident

The "report an issue" option is how I have done it but i'm pretty sure it's exactly the same route as doing the "fix an issue". The one thing with this though which some might have a problem with is that it refunds the money through a target gift card instead of back to your original form of payment. I always include a picture or two and a small description as well but that's entirely optional.

7. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

If you open the order details, there is a "Report an issue" button on the right column, Hitting this will bring up a list of the items in your list and you can pick the one that has an issue (you select the reason from the drop down list). If you are asking for a replacement, they will send out a replacement and let you keep the damaged one. You can add details and pictures of the damage, but it is optional.

The other way is to select the item in the order list. The same "Report an issue" comes up, but doing it this way only seems to give you the "start a return" process. I am not sure if you have other options further in, but I do not know since I didn't go down this path.

8. Right, I just wish there was an option to exchange it for the same LP (I don’t mind waiting a few weeks) or another item of the same value.

9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

It does seem silly that you can’t get the same LP if you choose to wait for it, I agree.

GentleSenator likes this.
  10. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Hey folks, just a heads up if you preordered any of the new Blue Notes in the sale, make sure that you are vigilant about approving the delay requests. I've had about 7 separate emails to approve delays, but accidentally missed approving the new Kenny Dorham release. I am, unfortunately, now out of luck on that one, because I missed it and they canceled it quite quickly. I won't have to pay, obviously, but I miss out on the discounted price for an album I wanted.

ledsox, Dignan2000, hutlock and 3 others like this.
  11. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Yes, that happened to 2 of my BN80 record orders as well. I approved the Kenny Dorham, but missed the Andrew Hill and Larry Young, so I had to get them elsewhere...

12. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Ooh thanks for the heads up. Approved that in time, if it wasn't for this post I might have missed that.
    My order was for Its Time and The Kicker and the Dire Straits debut Mofi which I just received. Pretty good deal at like $20 a pop so its good I held onto that.

13. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Last of my orders arrived, the 3 ramones box sets. Shipped in a deceptively sturdy box.
    What surprised me is 2 of the 3 are lowish numbers under 1500 but rocket to Russia is nearly 12000 out of 19000

14. putz

putz Forum Resident

Anyone's Mingus Mofi Ah Um shipped yet?

15. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Mine has not. I see that Music Direct lists it as out of stock so I would guess there must be a second wave of these.

16. Dignan2000

Dignan2000 Forum Resident

Regarding Tone Poet pre-orders from the last sale, I just received notice that “The Kicker” has been cancelled from the order. Didn’t receive an email to approve a delay similar to the one sent for the Jackie McLean LP.

GentleSenator likes this.
  17. Thom Lieb

Thom Lieb Forum Resident

Same thing happened to me. Very frustrating!

Dignan2000 likes this.
  18. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Same. "It's Time!" was cancelled for me since I only received a notice to approve delay for "The Kicker"...

Dignan2000 likes this.
  19. jphabc54

jphabc54 Forum Resident

I got the opposite -- they cancelled The Kicker. I had thought I approved the delays, but apparently only for "It's Time".

Dignan2000 likes this.
  20. Rob Zarzecki

Rob Zarzecki Forum Resident

Same...

Dignan2000 likes this.
  21. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Same. Bummer.

22. mbg

mbg Forum Resident

Yep. Similar issue.

Preordered the next 4 tone poets.

Received a delay approval email for The Kicker, approved it.

Just got a cancellation for It’s Time even though I never received an approval request.

Really irritating, honestly.

Anyone get this resolved in their favor?

Instant Dharma likes this.
  23. I preordered two TP (SotT and The Kicker) along with the new Verve titles. No cancelations yet, keeping my fingers crossed

24. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

The Kicker was cancelled for me as well. I don't get why they wouldn't just notify of the delay but keep the order. I can always cancel if I wanted.

Instant Dharma likes this.
  25. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

I approved Kicker and Its Time but had the Hutch cancelled on me them saying I didn’t approve it. Whatever. At least there is still the Udiscover sale.