Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

2. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident

3. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

The vinyl was 9.99 a couple of hours a ago.

Omron and superstar19 like this.
  4. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Yeah,
    The vinyl was £9.99 when I bought it and posted.
    I mailed a few friends who have also bought a copy for £9.99

5. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

I picked this up when it came up before, they changed my order to cd so I cancelled and ordered from my local store

6. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

same here, preordered the vinyl which was switched to cd by amazon

ended up ordering signed vinyl from her website which just shipped yesterday so should have soon...

imarcq and smartiepants like this.
  7. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

They’ve switched mine to CD so I’ve cancelled.
    They’ve also switched my prime renewal price from £59 to £79 so will be cancelling that.
    I’ve been a prime member for years but just don’t get value for money anymore.

imarcq likes this.
  8. myles

myles Argyle, before you ask ....

9. kazzard

kazzard Forum Resident

The coloured vinyl release of Sparks, A Steady Drip, Drip, Drip is currently down to £19.43 - was previously £24.99

https://tinyurl.com/yc3vsuh7

imarcq and superstar19 like this.
  10. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

11. Frank Field

Frank Field Forum Resident

I ordered this at £9.99 last week, afterwards my order got changed to the CD version on 'my orders' page. I tried to cancel it but was too late as it had already shipped... but it was the LP that was delivered yesterday!

slipkid, imarcq, myles and 1 other person like this.
  12. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

13. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Score! I cancelled mine when it was cheaper before, and then it got changed to a CD. Maybe if I'd held my nerve...?

Frank Field likes this.
  14. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Checked out some items, but the shipping cost to Canada is now insane.

Dennis Metz likes this.
  15. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Agreed. Shipping from Amazon.com was outrageous for awhile too, and seems to have settled down. Let's hope that happens from the UK too. Might be worth checking the Italian, French and German sites.

brimuchmuze likes this.
  16. culabula

culabula Unread author.

17. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

It is looking like I'm done with Amazon UK. The low cost shipping gravy train is over and unlikely to ever return. It was a great run. I'll never forget the evening several years ago when a ton of amazing box sets were stupid cheap and many of us actually received a lot of what we ordered.

Amazon UK has always been a solid source of very decent deals. The ABBA CD box above is a great example. It'd be something I'd like to have but far from a must-own. In the good old days, it would have come in at around $29 & change shipped to the USA. Now it's more like $43 & change.

Other countries have been experiencing high cost international shipping for years so I'm not saying we are any more deserving in the USA. Only that it is clear that we have caught up with the rest of the world, at least with respect to this particular supply chain which has been so fruitful over the years.

While I may consider Amazon UK when looking at pricing options for stuff I really want, I don't expect them to be the best option very often at all. I'll really miss the deals that are posted here and on SDE of "it'd be nice to have" items. Those have been a lot of fun.

19. Almost Simon

20. Almost Simon

21. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

22. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  23. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  24. culabula

culabula Unread author.

25. Almost Simon

Not amazon but in UK 365 Games again. They had an offer a while back on vinyl, no "name" artists but some interesting records if you are prepared to investigate with a quick check of the artist/album on youtube or spotify.

3 for £10. Dont get TOO excited, it is very much slim pickings but if you fancy trying something new its perhaps worth a gamble for £10.

https://www.365games.co.uk/combo-deals/vinyl-3-for-combo

I did the previous offer and it worked out okay, this time i'm trying the Hooton Tennis Club, Jib Kidder and Cheatahs - Mythologies album, the latter of which sounded pretty good on youtube, kind of "shoegazey."

imarcq and smartiepants like this.