Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. rubberhead

rubberhead Erotic Thriller

GZA canceled.

2. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Rush Hold the Fire cancelled, Who Fillmore shipped

3. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

hold your fire and chunga's revenge cancelled for me.
    really wanted hold your fire too.

4. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Who at Fillmore shipped! The Mellencamp box was cancelled.

latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  5. Roosevelt Sykes

Roosevelt Sykes Forum Resident

Jazzmatazz and Primus cancelled here.
    Is there a comparable site that charges your credit card upfront for items, ships some of your order, and then regularly cancels items that are obviously incredible bargains?
    I'm not saying this doesn't happen on occasion w/ other companies, but I can't think of any in my experience.
    Is this simply a matter of DD's poor inventory management/supply chain aoftware?
    Interesting as well that they immediately shipped one album from a 2-part order, but left me in limbo as to the other album. Perhaps I would be inclined to cancel the order wholesale (especially if it was some crap Toto album I threw in for free shipping), but now that one item is almost here, the effort to return it is too much hassle.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    superstar19 and black sheriff like this.
  6. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

I think that is how they move their crap items. ;)
    I have decided that if I only find 1-2 items I want from the BB I will just buy those items. Even if I pay for shipping, it is still a great deal. That way I don't get stuck getting crap I really didn't want (the cost of crap adds up over time!).

latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  7. imail724

imail724 Forum Resident

My order was cancelled. What is odd is I paid through Paypal, so I got charged immediately and was just issued a refund, but the refund doesn't include the tax I paid. I'm not going to bother complaining to them over less than $3, but I don't understand why I should have to pay anything at all when I will be receiving none of my order.

latheofheaven and Tjazz like this.
  8. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

I'm in Canada, so no tax, but they usually forget to refund the shipping I paid so I have to contact them.

9. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

A few more decent vinyl additions to the Blowout Bin -

Simple Minds - Cry
    Sebadoh - Act Surprised
    Alice Cooper - Paranormal
    Classic Cuts : 80's Groove
    Miles Davis - Bag's Groove

10. Juggsnelson

11. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

Chunga and Skynyrd (Bullets) had shipped for me.

latheofheaven likes this.
  12. wynnwikman

wynnwikman Senior Member

Most everything I ordered was cancelled. They may have forgotten to refund the taxes I paid too.

DD sucks.

imail724, superstar19 and Tjazz like this.
  13. Juggsnelson

Thats a nice Alice Cooper find. Great record.

latheofheaven likes this.
  14. Roosevelt Sykes

Roosevelt Sykes Forum Resident

"Forgotten" - ha!
    They sent me one item, cancelled one, and taxed me for both. They did not, however, refund the tax on the item I am not getting.
    Okay, probably .75 cents. But multiply that potential "mistake" by thousands of orders.

imail724 and Tjazz like this.
  15. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Shania Twain UP and Bon Jovi 7800 got cancelled. They are stealing my state sales tax too. (first time they have done this on my cancelled items)

imail724 likes this.
  16. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Hi @Juggsnelson. Did you receive any of the Strawbs you ordered? I only received Deadlines. Did not receive Burning For You. I don't even see it on the site anymore. Seems odd.

17. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

its like office space rounding up a penny multiplied by millions of transactions

18. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

Refunded for most items in my orders this morning...

• Refund amounts were lower than they should have been (they skimmed about 50 cents off each item)
    • They didn't refund ANY of the taxes
    • Just now called DD customer support, managed to get $12 refunded out of the $14 they still owed me.

What a complete **** show.

I've been buying from DD for years, but will think twice about it from now on. This is a really, really shady way to do business.

19. Jesse O Taylor

You kid, but it's pretty obvious that's what's happening here.

My refund amount didn't even match the price of the items themselves, let alone the sales tax.

20. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

looks like they owe me $1.65 in taxes.
    and they also dont adjust the shipping price down, which it seems they also tax you on the price + shipping not just the total cost pre-shipping.
    they shouldnt have to tax shipping unless theyre making a profit on that i wouldnt think

I emailed asking for the tax and possible shipping difference back

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Jesse O Taylor and latheofheaven like this.
  21. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I've only ever had one item cancelled (last month). I paid with Paypal and just checked, they refunded in full including sales tax and even rounded up a penny. And they still gave me "free" shipping even though the refund brought my order under $25.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  22. Jesse O Taylor

After a little bit of digging on the subject, it appears taxing shipping charges is legal, but laws about it vary state-by-state.

Regardless, it's a pretty awful way to do business. They're scamming every penny they can off their customers.

Biittner Hair Flyin' likes this.
  23. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

yeah i dont think i had problems before but i had 2 of 3 items cancelled and got 2 different refunds to paypal both for the exact amount of each item pre-tax

Juggsnelson likes this.
  24. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

it likely happens more than i've realized, i dont think they HAVE to tax shipping(might be wrong) but i'd wager the pos systems are just setup to tax off the total transaction.

25. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

"Misunderstandings and lethargy have caused more wrong than malice" - Hanlon's Razor

DD is awesome. I've gotten insane deals from them and will probably get more insane deals in the future. I've missed out on some, it happens. I doubt a distributor as big as them is intentionally baiting you on a Rush album to get $.75 in tax money from you. If you need it badly enough, email them and I'm sure they will sort it out. You are getting a bit dramatic with this.