Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

They failed to refund 50 cents from the price of each album (the CS rep I talked to seemed confused about how it could have even happened), and 75 cents per album in taxes, totaling $14+ altogether.

If I hadn't contacted them, they would have made $1.25 for every album they cancelled.

How many hundreds (if not thousands) of items do you think they've cancelled this week?

Like I said, I've ordered from them a lot in the past too. But this is outrageously unacceptable & shady as hell.

stinsojd, geebagel, jason202 and 2 others like this.
  2. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

For DD I've switched to using my CC instead of Paypal. They only charged me for what shipped this time, though I think I did end up paying for shipping.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Juggsnelson likes this.
  3. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

right, i dont think there is any ill intent or malice. its just a POS system doing what it does.
    I emailed them about it just because, if i get back my buck fifty so be it if i dont i wont go much further not worth my effort.

hutlock, Bloom and Juggsnelson like this.
  4. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Just ordered three items and within an hour got cancellation on two of them: Alice Cooper and Miles Davis. Bummer! On my Rush cancellation I emailed them before the refund and the refund did include the shipping charges this time.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  5. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

Honestly, I have no problem with getting the occasional cancellation and refund, because I get to keep all applicable qualifying discounts.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  6. blewmaearsout

blewmaearsout Forum Resident

I was refunded for the portion of my order that was cancelled, but after doing the math, think I've been overcharged by nearly $1 for the album that was sent out, after comparing with a comparable single item order.

Time for an email while I wait for the doomed-to-be-warped album to be delivered....

7. geebagel

geebagel Well-Known Member

I placed an order for 12 LPs on July 3rd. Ten of them were cancelled. I paid via Paypal and they made 8 separate refunds to my Paypal account. Six of those exactly matched the pre-tax prices for the records. The other two were more than the pre-tax price with one short of the after tax cost by $3.44 and the other short of the after tax price by 31 cents. In total their individual refunds were short by $15.83. I called them today and after 32 minutes of being on hold and talking to a CS rep they told me they would refund the rest.

I think from now on I will use a credit card to pay. That seems to be the advice I'm seeing in the posts here.

I placed this order on Friday, July 3rd at 5:07EST. The Petty box set, Rush - 2112 3 LP, and both Kravitz titles got canceled. I was very disappointed about the Petty box. I hope someone in this forum scored a copy of this.

All that being said, I will continue to buy from DD as the deals are just too good. They got me hooked and spending way too much money and time scrolling through their site.

superstar19 and Juggsnelson like this.
  8. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

That's a bummer. Petty and Let Love Rule shipped for me. I think your approach sounds smart. Pay with a CC and avoid their (hmm....subpar?) return system. As you state, the deals are just too good to ignore.

superstar19 likes this.
  9. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

10. allbrosca

Called them on this one and no refund on shipping charges since I was told they are the same for one or three items , so I cancelled the remaining item. Not worth $10 in shipping. Also checked on the Best of Lulu which did not ship in an order a few weeks ago. It is not cancelled but backordered and they expect to fill it.

superstar19 and Juggsnelson like this.
  11. japes

japes Senior Member

On 7/3 I ordered the following:

The Band - Capitol Years box
    Eric Clapton - Life in 12 Bars box
    The Band - Big Pink Super Deluxe box
    Rush - 2112 Deluxe box
    John Mellencamp - 1982-1989 box

I put in 2nd order on 7/4:

Tom Petty album box
    Rush - Farewell to Kings Deluxe box

The Band Capitol Years box and Life in 12 Bars box arrived today.

The Petty and Farewell to Kings boxes have shipped according to DD.

No word on the rest.

12. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

"I always mess up some mundane detail." :winkgrin:

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  13. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I would say you made out like a bandit then! Nice!

latheofheaven likes this.
  14. hutlock

Interesting tidbit:

Using the USPS Informed Delivery App, I am showing two packages from Alliance Entertainment — one is the three LPs I ordered from the Saturday Night Price Massacre in July 4th, and I received a notification from DD on that one. I matched the tracking number to confirm.

However, there is one more package there coming from them that I have not gotten an email from them about and the tracking number doesn’t match anything else I’ve ordered from them.

COULD THIS MYSTERY PACKAGE BE MY NITZER EBB BOX SET?!?

15. hutlock

Reggae Sale on DeepDiscount

Reggae “Sale” at DD — some questionable calls here (is 311 really reggae?! REALLY?!) and most of the discounts are in the 15-20% range but hey, ‘tis the season!

16. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

My guess is that it's everybody else's missing refund amounts (sales taxes mostly), in pennies and nickels, thrown into a box and shipped to you because DD assumed that you'd be able to pass it on to everybody. :wiggle:

17. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I guess they have to put it there because they don't have a category called Crap :D :hide:

18. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

I mean they are reggae influenced. Their album SOUNDSYSTEM is a direct reference to it. People call John Mayer a blues artist as if that is any less offensive, I guess.

19. Juggsnelson

I actually laughed out loud at this comment!

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  20. hutlock

It isn’t any more offensive than listening to John Mayer try to sing like an authentic blues man.

dcarwin, Bloom and latheofheaven like this.
  21. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Mayer was at the crossroads guitar fest last year I was just thankful he was only a short between stage acts show....that’s when the beer/bathroom break happened

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  22. allbrosca

I have never heard John Mayer called blues

23. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

I saw him a couple of years ago with Steve Jordan on drums and Pino Palladino on bass --- I would call half the tunes they played that night - blues.
    Sounded pretty good, too.

24. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Going back to the refund $h1+storm...

First of all, I haven't been receiving updates on this thread for the last 2+ days. I just figured things were quiet. Really busy today, went into my email and saw the Petty box was cancelled. Oh well, not the end of the world. Then I saw the refund.

What I paid:

$129.00
    $4.99 (heavy item shipping)
    $10.38 (tax, yes...this is calculated on both the item and shipping)
    $144.37 (total due to be refunded)

What they refunded:

$133.30

o_O

What the heck?!?!

I don't wish to spend a second of my time on the phone with them to convince someone of this error. Instead, I sent a message through their "contact us" link. This is ridiculous.

For the handful of cancellations over the last several weeks, I don't have the patience to verify those. You bet I'll be doing so going forward.

25. Juggsnelson

Yikes! From now on when I order a big ticket item it will definitely be on its own invoice!

superstar19, latheofheaven and SJP like this.