Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I ordered the Petty box plus The Verve Urban Hymns box & Eno's Music For Films 2X45 RPM LP (I wasn't going to go after the Eno ambients on vinyl but the price was too good to pass up). Verve and Eno shipped. Just goes to show you really have to watch the refunds on cancelled items.

2. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

3. geebagel

geebagel Well-Known Member

That's the exact amount they refunded me for my Petty box too.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I bought this a couple months back from the bin. The cover was beat to heck and shrink opened just enough that there was no download code or DVD. Needless to say, it went back. No trust to order another and not have the same thing happen.

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  5. Juggsnelson

Mine was sealed and included the DVD. I received it about 2 weeks ago.

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I bought mine the first week it was offered in the Bin several months ago (big Weddoes fan here) and it was spotless. Seems like you just were unlucky?

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  7. Juggsnelson

Received Clapton 12 Bars, Who Fillmore and Kravitz Let Love Rule today. These are all very nice packages!!!

8. hutlock

Welp, it ain’t the Nitzer Ebb set. It was The Who Live 1968 set that I ordered from Pop Market. I had forgotten that they are both the same company now so the ship from info was the same as my usual info from DD.

Which means that DD has not confirmed or cancelled or shipped my Nitzer Ebb box at all yet. I don’t know if that’s good mews or not! Just sent hem an email asking for status so we shall see what happens.

Apologies for my ongoing obsession with this damned box set!

9. Juggsnelson

Likewise, Popmarket has not canceled or shipped mine!

10. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

Hope this doesn't disappoint, but the Eno is not the 2x45, it is the 33 1/3 version. Mine came yesterday.

superstar19, SJP, Juggsnelson and 2 others like this.
  11. hutlock

Yeah I got mine today too. Given the nature of the music, I far prefer the 33 1/3 version for this one, so I’m not disappointed at all. I don’t think the listing on DD said it was 45 actually? Pretty sure I checked before I ordered...

superstar19, SJP, Juggsnelson and 2 others like this.
  12. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

It's fine, I assumed it was the 2x45 RPM version because of the Abbey Road "obi" that was in the picture. Great price either way.

13. hutlock

Yeah, no OBI on mine either. I think they just used the wrong pic.

superstar19, SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  14. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

See, they tricked me!

latheofheaven likes this.
  15. japes

japes Senior Member

Welp, I just got refunded for the Mellencamp box, Big Pink Super Deluxe, and 2112.

I guess 4 out of 7 ain’t bad.

superstar19 likes this.
  16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

you're not alone. curious to see what they say to you since you broke down and actually reached out.

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  17. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

There's a big thread on the Vinyl Deals Reddit page about this issue with Deep Discount shorting people on their refunds. It's up to 105 comments as I type this.

PSA: If you've recently made a purchase from DeepDiscount.com and received a cancellation, check your refund! They're shorting customers and not returning the taxes you paid! : VinylDeals

18. Surrural

Surrural Well-Known Member

I've placed a bunch of orders from DD over the past year or so with 10-15 cancellations. Paid with both PP and CC. Every refund was a complete refund. To the $.01. Including the cancellations from late June. I'm in CO.

DailyHiFi and hutlock like this.
  19. hutlock

Good to hear. I’m glad they aren’t nickel-and-diming everyone at least!

Surrural, DailyHiFi and latheofheaven like this.
  20. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

As I said earlier, I had no problem with my refund for the one item I had cancelled, but I'm going to continue paying with Paypal. From what I hear (I've never had to do it) it's a snap to dispute an incorrect Paypal charge. Might be more complicated with a credit card.

21. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

The main advantage of using a credit card is there is no charge until the item ships - hence no hassle / heartburn of filing disputes or not receiving complete refunds etc.

latheofheaven likes this.
  22. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I received and acknowledgment of my refund issue with indication that I'd see it processed soon.

Their responses are so robotic. I kind of wish they'd say something like "holy sh1+, how did that happen? We are such morons...so happy to correct this error straight away".

23. hutlock

24. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

25. hutlock

Hahahahahaha!!!