Alien / Predator Movies Poll!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aar Gal, May 7, 2020.

1. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Was just reading in the IMDB trivia how the original Predator film couldn't get insured unless production paid for a bodyguard to accompany Sonny Landham on set--not for himself, but for other people, as Landham was known to have a severe temper. How’s that for real life badass?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    alexpop likes this.
  2. Chrome_Head

This would be my rating of each as well, interesting how each successive installment was a diminishing return. Only thing that broke that up for me was that I put Covenant over Prometheus.

alexpop likes this.
  3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

AVP: Arnold Schwarzenegger was going to be involved, so said director Paul W.S Anderson if Arnie lost his governor’s job( apparently not). Another missed opportunity for fans of the genre.

4. alexpop

Prometheus looked like it had a bigger budget.

Yeah.. the series.

Ever diminishing returns.

5. alexpop

His character part American native could sense The Predator, but just with a big knife couldn’t take on The Pred, no doubt another skull trophy for the Predator’s collection. :D

Chrome_Head likes this.
  6. alexpop

With The Predator ( and Alien ) now owned by Marvel Comics, Marvel have already got a poster up with top left Marvel logo depicting The Predator holding up Iron Man’s head/helmet with blood dripping from it. :)

7. alexpop

Did anybody get the 3D Predator Blu Ray?

8. alexpop

Strangely even though I seen Alien in the cinema in 1979, I don’t find I watch the film ( blu ray) much. Aliens more so, regardless of studio sets ala Gerry Anderson. Guess by adding CGI it would take away the eighties period charm.

9. Chrome_Head

I also found this interesting in the IMDB trivia:

I'm glad they didn't go this route--having the alien be a wispy shape shifter would entirely go against the great line of dialogue "If it bleeds, we can kill it"!

Predator (1987) - Trivia - IMDb

alexpop likes this.
  10. alexpop

Thankfully they used Kevin Peter Hall as The Predator and not Jean -Claude Van Damme (there is footage as him as the Predator :)).

Chrome_Head likes this.
  11. Chrome_Head

I also read that, post-Van Damme, they even suited up a monkey in the red "bluescreen" suit of the Predator to get some acrobatic footage, and the monkey kept tearing the suit off. :laugh:

alexpop likes this.
  12. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Ehh - being an asshole doesn't make you a badass! Sounds like Landham was more the former than the latter...

Chrome_Head likes this.
  13. alexpop

Hilarious stuff indeed.
    Production wise the film got off to a bad start. Thankfully the finished product is imo the best film of the eighties.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  14. Chrome_Head

I'd have to say Blade Runner is the greatest film of the 80's for me--Predator is not far behind, though. Certainly one of the greatest action thrillers ever made.

alexpop likes this.
  15. alexpop

Blade Runner looks a little dated, still a classic though. Least I prefer it to blade runner 2049, what a anticlimax that was.

16. Chrome_Head

Ridley’s Blade Runner: The Final Cut looks incredible, and I for one adored 2049–fantastic film I thought.

I would really love to see Ridley, or even Denis Villueve, make an Aliens Vs Predator movie.

17. alexpop

Fat chance of Sigourney Weaver doing another Alien themed film, she’s lined up to do another 4 Avatar movies ... taking her up to 2027.

18. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

the weak ones Predator 2 and The Predator (which had too much comedy in it and was not what I expected from a Predator movie)
    The best ones are the first Alien and the first Predator, Alien being the better of the two.
    But Aliens 2, 3, 4 (Resurrection) are also alright, and I would put them in that order of quality. Sigourney Weaver is in all of them, and she's good.
    All other ones are somewhere in the middle.

Alien
    Predator
    Aliens
    Alien 3

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  19. alexpop

Ridley Scott ( 82) got 68 upcoming projects listed in IMDb, Alien prequel ( Scott director) in production.:righton:

20. alexpop

Yeah ! The Predator ( highly original film title :D), sucked royal eggs.

21. alexpop

22. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Alien
    Aliens
    Alien 3 (director's cut - though I prefer the ending with Ripley grabbing the baby alien as she descends into the fire)
    Alien Resurection

alexpop likes this.
  23. alexpop

Ventura /Blain had a spectacular death scene in the film.

24. alexpop

Interestingly Sigourney Weaver never wanted to be involved in Alien Vs Predator or even Ridley Scott’s later Alien films in this century.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  25. shug4476

shug4476 Nullius In Verba

Amazed that people have voted for Prometheus. I thought it was better than the hammering it got in the press but just nowhere near the level of the best in the list.

Predator is a masterpiece.

Left-of-field vote here for Predators.

Chrome_Head and alexpop like this.