Let It Be/Get Back 50th Anniversary Releases! (Content and Sound Quality Discussion Only)!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bruce Burgess, Jul 16, 2020.

1. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

You say that most people who are buying such deluxe boxes for very high prices are never heard Beatles bootleg recordings especially 1969 ones? I highly doubt it. For them there's cheaper editions with 1 or 2 discs at most.
    And for most of those who heard even 5 hours of Get Back out of those 90 is a lifeless drivel played by bored and irritated band. Even to sit through all of Let It Be film is bore.

fer2 likes this.
  2. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

I Want to Hold Your Hand was not the title of that or any album.

andrewskyDE and numer9 like this.
  3. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Probably the same people who run the EasyJet app who promise your flight right up until the morning of it when it gets cancelled. And then do it again twice more.

4. BillyBudapest'sPajamas

BillyBudapest'sPajamas Forum Resident

What does the original 1970 album Let It Be (Spector ‘n all) remixed and repacked, expanded to a box-set with outtakes (Which has yet to be merely mentioned by Apple!) have to do with the new forthcoming Peter Jackson directed film Get Back?

.....Nothing.

There’ll be a soundtrack release called Get Back.

abzach likes this.
  5. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

Well, it could well be.
    But our insiders here have stated it’s (it was) coming.

If it’s coming in December, there’s still plenty of time to do it and to announce it (an Oct press release for a Dec release).
    Otherwise, we’ll stick to the solo projects which hopefully will see the light of day in 2020.

To tell you the truth, at this point even I would be more intrigued by a PJ soundtrack box set than by a box of the expanded old album.

6. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Was Ron Howard’s movie huge in America? Just asking.
    Here, it wasn’t. Is was shown for ten days only in selected theatres.
    I went to see it twice, each time the cinema was nearly empty. Then it was released on homevideo and that was it.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I see Get Back in a similar perspective: a feast and a must for hardcore and semi-hardcore fans.. it’s not James Bond or Top Gun. Let’s face it.

My two cents, of course.

7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

It was not "huge". BUT it did very, very well. The showings at movie theaters were extended for most big cities in the USA, and it ran successfully on Hulu (a subscription TV company) for a long time. So my guess is that it did better than planned, at least in the USA.

Cristiano Cortellazzi likes this.
  8. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

For me, it’s fine to ‘take a yearoff’ with Beatles.
    We have had 3 years of anniversary releases and while Abbey Road was a succes, it wasn’t a ‘huge’ thing in the press like Pepper was. White Album did it’s job as well. Even the promoting was much lesser with Abbey Road. No, I think a year without Beatles are fine. Roll on 2021!

9. hlennarz

hlennarz Forum Resident

It wouldn't be the first time a Beatles anniversary release got cancelled last minute.
    (Pepper 30...)

10. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Agreed. Abbey Road went somewhat under the radar and should have been more expanded and promoted.
    I enjoyed the whole thing of course, but it seemed to me that Apple did it mainy “for run of the mill routine”, much more than Pepper and the White had been done.

Quite strange, talking about one of the best pop albums ever.

MHP likes this.
  11. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Not according to U.S. Billboard.

12. By deciding to limit the amount of alternates/non album tracks to what would fit the time constraints of 2 vinyl albums they definitely shortchanged both the album itself and Beatles fans that aren’t wedded to vinyl.

13. lordcat

lordcat Forum Resident

I wish people would stop using the word 'drop' in this context, I read it as drop ie NOT RELEASE. Dropped from the plans. Not having a go mate,but you know :)

nikh33 likes this.
  14. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

There is a difference between "most weeks at number one" and "most records sold". The biggest hit is the record that sold the most, not that which was at number one longest. I Want to Hold Your Hand is The Beatles' biggest hit, according to your Billboard. Hey Jude is third, behind She Loves You.
    And there is still no Beatles album called I Want to Hold Your Hand however much you think there is.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  15. kevintee

Ok thanks.

16. Karl Denver

Karl Denver You’ll get nothing and like it!

I’m not giving up hope that the Let it Be 50 deluxe box won’t be released this year. Mike C has not commented on this subject in awhile. In fact last time he commented was about a month ago and he said it was coming this year unless there was continued/increased turmoil in the World(not his exact words, paraphrasing). Keep in mind this was also a couple days before the Peter Jackson announcement about his film being bumped until next year. However I would think if a firm decision has been made about pushing the box release to next year Mike would have hinted that it wasn’t coming this year. He has been silent.

Beatlemen likes this.
  17. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Sometimes, silence speaks louder than words.

jmxw and Karl Denver like this.
  18. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

[​IMG]

19. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Yeah. Everybody has been silent, which can mean everything, even that they have been told to shut up whatever it’s in the plans.
    From a timeline point of view, we’re in mid July and, if something’s gonna come out, say, in early December... there’s plenty of time to make a decision and give the green light.

I see only two alternatives:

1) A box could come out, but it’s still not decided yet and Apple has increased secrecy in these strange times, waiting to see how the Covid mess is going to end up in a few months (in this case everything must be set and ready: releasing it or not is a 100% commercial decision, as good ol’ Arnie stated).

2) Nothing’s coming out this year on the Beatles front and we’re not going to hear from them until 2021.

In both cases we have to wait. Time will tell.

Karl Denver likes this.
  20. applejam101

applejam101 Humble Fan

I would get that at a reasonable price.

blutiga likes this.
  21. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

I would get it if Billy Preston was included :)

applejam101 likes this.
  22. applejam101

applejam101 Humble Fan

That would be the deluxe version.

23. RC1

RC1 Forum Resident

FWIW, I heard a DJ on Sirius/XM Friday (either Classic Vinyl or Classic Rewind) that Beatles Let it Be 50th Anniversary and restored version of the original LIB film to be released this year and the new Get Back film will be delayed to 2021, not source cited.

Yosi, andrewskyDE, DK Pete and 8 others like this.
  24. kevintee

Oooo I hope so!

Colinjpush and marklamb like this.
  25. Adrian Adkins

Adrian Adkins Forum Resident

It was called "Hey Jude" in Australia.