Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Wanted to call out this really good CD comp I grabbed recently. My copy arrived today and it is still listed so I assume that means there are more:

Various Artists Mr. Joe's Jambalaya [Import] on DeepDiscount
    Two-disc set of 50s and 60s Southern Soul from the Minit, Instant, Alon, and Seven-B labels. Great stuff, and only &3.99 for a double set!!! Can’t beat it with a stick, can’t whip it with a switch!

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I never would've thought anybody could ever "out-shop" the me of 10 years ago, but @hutlock ...you have done it ! If something's being sold, you're there buying it. :laugh:

3. hutlock

Ah yes MYKE. Guilty as charged! In my defense, almost all of what I buy is $10 or less! Lol

superstar19 and Juggsnelson like this.
  4. Ed the Dog

Ed the Dog Forum Resident

Hutlock you're the man. I appreciate your diligent work here, look up nearly everything that you post, and buy quite a lot of it: you should get a commission. You have some dub, funk, punk sensibilities which suit me well. Keep on keepin on, man, and thank you.

Colin

edkall, Mike6565, superstar19 and 4 others like this.
  5. Myke

That's the doing of forum member / Grammy-winning reissue producer Bill Levenson. He recently told me when putting this soundtrack together for the film, he wanted to take it a few steps further, and he sure did ! After receiving the film on Blu ray along with the 2 CD set, I began lusting for the vinyl. UNRELEASED CREAM is a pretty big plus !!!

That would be me, and no regrets. Seller sold it to me for $40.00, when it's well over $100.00 everywhere but Deep Discount. I also don't care for the way DD ships vinyl. Stamped corrugated is okay for DVDs and CDs, but not vinyl for my collection. Also, my purchase here arrived in two days !!!!

That also was Bill.

6. hutlock

Yeah, $40 is a good price, I likely wouldn’t lose sleep over it. I don’t think I’ve gotten any corrugated cardboard mailers from DD but then again unusually consolidate my orders so they have to ship in a box. But even with orders as few as 3-4 LPs, they’ve not been in a corrugated deal that I can recall. I wonder if that’s just a regional thing? Or maybe they got rid of them?

7. hutlock

You are very welcome! It’s good karma for me!

8. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Yeah, maybe it's just me, but I've had absolutely no issues with their packaging or the condition of items when they arrive...and I've ordered a lot from them. Not as much as hutlock, mind you, but far more than my wife likes (or knows). :D

So where's some wood when I need to knock on it??

9. Myke

Wouldn't be the first time they learned from their mistakes.
    2008 I got fed up when yet another purchase arrived in the dreaded gray plastic bag ( the ahole that came up with that as a feasible way to ship items has hopefully died a slow death ).
    Then a year or two later, I read more than one post about the bags being gone, so I went back. I've relied on them more for video, rather than audio.
    One of their sales on The Essential Laurel & Hardy DVD set, has me viewing the recent Restorations On Blu Ray, as unnecessary. The DVDs look pristine to my old eyes, and there is much more content in the Essential set to keep me from selling it.

RE: This Life In 12 Bars vinyl sounds great !!!

10. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

Do you mean to say....it's like a broken drum? Wait for it....
    YOU CAN'T BEAT IT?!

11. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

I Was a King offers jangly power pop on their 2019 album "Slow Century", produced by Norman Blake (Teenage Fanclub, The New Mendicants).

I Was a King - Slow Century (1xLP)
    $7.32

[​IMG]

12. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Nice recommendation, clearly a lot of TFC DNA which is a good thing. I placed an order, thanks for sharing!

13. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

One of my items in an order I placed on the 14th got canceled and the refund included the sales tax amount (I was over the free shipping threshold). So it looks like the heat they got for not refunding tax and shipping has been addressed.

The lame part is it was the item I was most excited to get, but I already have the LP. Guess I'm going to live without it on compact disc.

hutlock and Juggsnelson like this.
  14. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

My pleasure! Hope you'll like it. "Slow Century" is one of three collaboration albums with Norman Blake. The first was "You Love It Here" in 2012. Earlier this year a limited edition companion album, "Grand Hotel", was released. "You Love It Here" was co-produced by I Was a King, Blake and Robyn Hitchcock.

hutlock and SJP like this.
  15. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

DLD, jamesc, Davidmk5 and 4 others like this.
  16. hutlock

Nice!!! Huge TFC fan, so I’ll definitely snag this one.

Juggsnelson, latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  17. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

That has a REALLY cool vibe. Classic, a bit retro but still looking forward. Another thank you to our friend from Norway!

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  18. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

mur and SJP like this.
  19. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

For those who wish to dig deep...

Paul Heaton Last King Of Pop [Import] on DeepDiscount

Amazing compilation by this Housemartins/Beautiful South frontman. If you don't know these bands, well...you should.

Ian Brown First World Problems [Import] on DeepDiscount

Kind of interesting for you Stone Roses fans.

Erik Wollo Sources [Import] on DeepDiscount

If you like your ambient like Steve Roach, Vidna Obmana, Eno, etc.

Icon Acoustic TV Broadcast [Import] on DeepDiscount

A stupid cheap CD & DVD by John Wetton and Geoff Downes (half of Asia).

20. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Just had my order cancelled for this one. I did buy it after you guys though so good luck!

21. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Mine canceled also.

Product Qty Cost Total
    Forest Of Love [Import]

Northern Pikes
    LP
    1 $9.43 $9.43
    Musik Die Schwer Zu Twerk
    ELECTRIC WURMS
    LP
    1 $6.09 $6.09
    Slow Century [Import]
    I Was a King
    LP
    1 $7.32 $7.32
    Where's The Magic
    Band Of Gold
    LP
    1 $5.22 $5.22

Juggsnelson likes this.
  22. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

At least I got tax refunded!

23. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

15% OFF w/ code SUNSHINE

24. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

And the fine print says...

Discount applies to items only and not to shipping and tax. Coupon expires Wednesday July 22, 2020, at noon CT and cannot be combined with any other offers.

hutlock, MonkeyLizard and Juggsnelson like this.
  25. DLD

DLD Senior Member

You'll be taxed on the net price after discount I believe and shipping should be free for orders > $25 unless it's a 3 lp set or larger.