Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

My 2 BN80s also showed up with beat up sleeves due to poor packing. I hope they put more care into the AP Love Supreme I preordered...

2. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Get them replaced!

3. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

I guess I'll see how quickly Target gets a hold of Dylan's Oh Mercey (MOFI). I read in another thread that it has been released.

mpayan likes this.
  4. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

My copy of Harvest arrived a a standard mailer, no damage. Unfortunately, it’s plagued with non-fill on both sides. Reading the forum here, that was common for this release. I should have done my homework, oh well. A replacement is on the way, fingers crossed.

5. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Something weird, but (temporarily) hopeful, happened regarding my order of Neil Young Archives Volume II. Maybe three or four days ago I noticed that one of the temporary charges to my credit card (where charges are placed before being finalized) was from Target, and was for the exact amount of what I'd be charged for the three Neil Young sets I ordered.

That got my hopes up -- that Target might be getting ready to ship three sets to me, and I'd get them for super super cheap ($3.99 x 2, plus tax, for three sets). It was weird, though, because it still says Preordered Mon, Aug 24 – Thu, Aug 27 in the order detail on Target's website.

Well, I noticed tonight that the temporary charge is no longer showing up in my credit card account, and it didn't become an actual charge, so it just disappeared. Crap. :disgust:

SJP likes this.
  6. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

I had the same. Funny if Target was somehow the inside line to Archives 2.

Instant Dharma and hutlock like this.
  7. poidog

poidog Senior Member

I pre-ordered the new Pretenders CD during the sale and was just informed it will be delayed. Expected July 30th.

8. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Just got another delivery delay approval email for the Tone Poet preorders. Luckily, I was able to go in and approve. I don't know why they don't change the delivery date to the same as Amazon, etc.... They just keep extending it a week at a time (and send you an approval email every time, which you can miss).

9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Weird. I got two delay approval emails but not for the Tone Poets—they were for the Getz/Gilberto and Armstrong/Peterson LPs from the Verve Acoustic Sounds series.

Even weirder, the email said that it MAY require my approval and to check the status to see if there was an “approve” button next to the items on my order. Which there was not.

What the hell made them think that ANY of this was a good system to begin with?

sennj, GentleSenator and neubian like this.
  10. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

I didn't get those on the Target sale since I had already pre-ordered them on Amazon. I am seriously thinking of cancelling all my outstanding Target pre-orders and buying from the Udiscover sale before the 25% (+20%) sale ends.... This delay approval stuff is nuts.

11. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

And that it only cost 4 bucks.

hutlock likes this.
  12. hutlock

Agreed. I figure the uDiscover sale ends on the 31st so I can take until then to decide. It won’t matter if I wait until the last minute for pre-orders anyway.

Instant Dharma and neubian like this.
  13. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

I just got an update on the Getz/Giberto that the release date is now 8/28. Hopeful sign...

I could totally see going for the uDiscover sale...might consider that. Thanks for the heads up.

14. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

I got my Bobby Hutcherson pre-order cancelled with the same "needs approval at 2am" nonsense. I still have pre-orders for Turrentine and Coltrane in and for the price I think I'll roll with them. Bummed though because The Kicker is the one I really wanted of the 3.

Also annoying is that I pre-ordered the Workingman's Dead 50th 3 CD set and it's been in backordered status since it was released last week. Today they sent me an email to approve the delayed delivery on that item. At least this round they actually gave me time to click approve on it!

I did score some nicely discounted items in this sale, and they all arrived without damage so I'm basically happy.

Shawn likes this.
  15. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

I had a bunch of pre-ordered items canceled magically as well and I think this is what is happening from what I could tell from one of my remaining orders:

-a order has two or more pre-order items that are supposed to come out on different dates
    -you get an email to approve a delay for item1 and you go ahead and approve it, so far so good
    -after a few days, you might get another email to approve delay for item2 now, so you go ahead and do that BUT
    -after you do the above step, the approval you had for item1 somehow gets removed and you have to check your order right away and re-approve the delay for item1 again otherwise it will get cancelled.

This is what I could see from my last attempt to approve. Sadly I lost out on the bunch of tone-poets and PJ Harvey pre-orders because of this stupid bug but hopefully this might help others.

Shawn likes this.
  16. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

I got a change date approval email this morning as well but even I clicked the link there wasn't an approve button anywhere... hopefully they don't get cancelled.

hutlock likes this.
  17. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

Target charged me for my Neil Young’s Archive order today as well. Full amount, transaction still pending.

Personally, I still think Target was working with old information from the distributor - The original release date was 7/24 (which would explain why we’re being charged right now), and the “1972-1982” dates were the years that the release originally cited, and were only recently changed to “1972-1976.”

The UPC that was included in the listing still doesn’t turn up anything on google, aside from this thread.

Seems odd that we’re still in the dark about details of the release, given how soon it’s coming out.

18. hutlock

Yeah that’s what I got too.

musictoad likes this.
  19. Biittner Hair Flyin'

I am trying not to get my hopes up about getting even one of the three sets I ordered. But who knows...maybe I'll be happily stunned late next month (I think that's the updated release date) to see an actual charge from Target on my credit card for the three sets I ordered, and will magically receive them within a few days of that charge.

20. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Target just hit my card for the two Neil Young archives that I bought

hutlock and Dignan2000 like this.
  21. hutlock

Is this too good to be true? This is too good to be true isn’t it. I’m giddy with anticipation!!!

22. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Well caveat that they keep putting a pending transaction once a week for $18ish for my Love Supreme preorder even though that’s not out til Oct

23. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

PayPal just paid Target for my purchase. It’s getting closer...

aoxomoxoa and hutlock like this.
  24. Biittner Hair Flyin'

My credit card online activity showed a pending charge from Target for Neil Young Archives Vol II a couple of weeks ago, which then disappeared after a few days. It appeared again as a temporary charge a couple of days ago, and once again has disappeared. Very weird.

25. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Has this Neil Young release even been confirmed by his site? I find it hard to believe it will be released in a month when there's still no specific details about it.