uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. nategibson672

nategibson672 Forum Resident

Ordered The Beatles Stereo Vinyl Box Set.

[​IMG]

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Nice deal there!

3. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

Are there any store.udiscovermusic voucher codes?

4. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

I’m late to this thread...

What sort of mailers/shipping boxes is Ume using for single LP orders? Hopefully not the dreaded MovieMars ‘half layer cardboard sandwich’ applied directly to the jacket.

Also, has anyone seen an out of stock item return to inventory?
    Thanks

5. hutlock

No idea on the single LP packaging, but they have definitely had out of stock items return to inventory very often.

topekatj likes this.
  6. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

I was able to cancel an order i placed on 7/4 that hadnt shipped. Took a week to get response tho.

7. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

My July 4th order hasn't actually shipped yet, but I did get a UPS tracking number yesterday.

8. hutlock

That’s a good sign. Likely uDiscover has tagged it and it is waiting on their shipping dock for UPS to come pick it up. Which may be a few days but if you’ve got a tracking number that means at least the most important step is done.

superstar19 and jason202 like this.
  9. pressureworld

pressureworld Forum Resident

I'm about to put in my third order for the month. Can anyone tell me how often UDiscover has this deal?

10. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Unlike the mono Box that had incredible discounts when it first came out (NO MORE, lol) the stereo box set usually goes at or close to list. Well done

11. imail724

imail724 Forum Resident

Has anyone's orders shipped yet? I placed an order on Jul 16 and my email says it was supposed to ship by Jul 19, but as far as I can tell it still hasn't.

12. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

My July 4th order just finally shipped yesterday. They are very slow these days.

Good news is that it shipped UPS and should be here tomorrow.

GentleSenator and imail724 like this.
  13. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Yeah, I guess you have to be patient with these guys. My July 4th order didn't ship until last Wed or Thurs. Shipped via UPS so I had it by Saturday.

imail724 likes this.
  14. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

While they are slow, is their packing generally good? Debating preordering PJ Harvey vinyl and ok waiting since they come out to like $14 shipped, but if their packing sucks I’ll pay more for amazon so I can at least have an easy return if issues

superstar19 likes this.
  15. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I ordered the Abba colored vinyl lp box. Price was reasonable, I'm confident the pressings will be good.

16. hutlock

Packing is solid in my experience. Bear in mind that these folks only sell music... unlike Amazon who sell everything under the sun. The chances of you getting packaging that was made for cat food or marmalade are pretty slim. I think you’ll be fine.

MonkeyLizard and guidedbyvoices like this.
  17. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Corrugated cardboard packaging for my 4 titles. Not belt and suspenders, but adequate. At least better than the loose or padded mailer that some amazon LP shipments have been getting of late.

guidedbyvoices likes this.
  18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i was about to send them a more menacing message as i've got no updates on mine. this gives me some hope though!

hutlock likes this.
  19. Marshman96

Marshman96 Forum Resident

finally after 12 days of shipping notification my Def Leppard box set arrived and no damaged. it was packed in a solid shipper. considering free shipping and almost half off i'm satisfied

dcarwin, guidedbyvoices and hutlock like this.
  20. DRS614

DRS614 Active Member

Glad to see some of the orders from early July are starting to show up on the East Coast. I placed 2 orders with uDiscover, one on 7/4 and one on 7/10, and haven't received any notifications other than my orders having been processed and were expected to ship within a couple days of purchase. I can understand how they may be overwhelmed from a combination of COVID related issues and a successful response to their recent sales. But the complete lack of communication in regards to shipping isn't what I would consider acceptable in this day and age and gives me pause about ordering from them in the future.

srsch likes this.
  21. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

The thing that ticks me off the most is that Universal charged my credit card right away for the purchases, yet I still haven't received notification of shipment for two of my orders.

srsch likes this.
  22. hutlock

Yep. It was the same way the last time they had a big sale too. My rule of thumb in general: The bigger they are, the longer you wait.

23. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

superstar19, jason202 and dcarwin like this.
  24. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

Thanks! snagged at the same price using "comeback" coupon.

25. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

Something I forgot to mention: When I was completing my purchase I had payment options of Amazon, PayPal or my credit card. I would've used Amazon since I have a gift card balance but my gift card balance WASN'T a payment option once I entered the Amazon site :)thumbsdow), so I opted for PayPal since I'll (presumably) have some refund leverage in the event of a damaged, flawed or undelivered item.