USPS Tracking - what are your current experiences?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by George P, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch the Face of God -

To be honest with you, theyre all in the same boat. Anywhere you go is the same and youll have to take the good and the bad because there's no where else to go.
    Right after when you make a purchase even on line, refrain yourself from being impatience and for sure the package is not gonna Shazaam in you doorstep right after when you click paid confirmed..:shrug:

2. Francophile50

Francophile50 The man with the satisfied ear.

Yes, patience, but with concern. So far I have gotten most of my packages and I have 4 outstanding. It's gotten better so much that I am getting them within a week. I still hope to get them within a month but I will take them within a week. I have a experiment of one coming from Spain. I am testing the waters there. There are many reasonable Sellers there but we will see how long it takes to get the packages from there.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  3. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

I’ve got a package that has been sitting in the local distribution center for five days.

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

A FYI to those not pleased with USPS service lately:

At some point, probably after Amazon dropped them, FedEx started offering HUGE discounts on smaller packages sent using the eBay discount through FedEx. In the past couple of months, I have shipped a bunch of packages in the 3-10 pound range for the same price via FedEx 2 Day as using Priority Mail. In a couple of cases, FedEx was even cheaper. We're talking discounts of 80+% off rack rate. $14 for an 8 pound package from MA to CA.

Worth checking if you're shipping something that falls in that category.

5. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

your package will arrive:
    [​IMG]
    Tuesday, July 21

then at about 8:00 pm
    Held for pickup at carrier location
    Delivery attempted today at 7:38 PM
    Unfortunately, USPS couldn't complete your delivery and is holding it for you to pick up. We're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Contact USPS
    Phone: 1-800-222-1811
    just get a recorded message

no delivery attempt was made.
    saw carrier making deliveries on the other end of my street at about 6:00 pm

there have been no deliveries on my end of street for 2 days. still waiting for an important letter that was supposed to have been delivered Firday.

[​IMG]

johnny q likes this.
  6. Francophile50

It's an old delivery ploy. When in doubt lie: like a rug. You make an even dozen including myself of people who have been lied to by parcel people.

johnny q likes this.
  7. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I've noticed that with USPS or UPS, they will never deliver a package early. If it shows up in the destination city ahead of schedule, they'll sit on it until the due date. DHL, and sometimes FedEx, will go ahead and deliver it.

8. Francophile50

Not certain of UPS but USPS it all depends on how it is sorted. They may send it out to be delivered with your regular mail or if there are many they may deliver them separately. The mailman on your route may miss it as well and deliver it the next day.

9. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Going through this right now with the USPS. They have been locally sitting on an album for 3 days now. Due for delivery tomorrow.

10. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

My record was last scanned in Springfield days ago,I can just picture my package shredded in the damage dept. now I’m just thinking about a refund

11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Interesting, as I've never seen any evidence of that here, in fact it's just the opposite. Expected delivery date becomes the day I'm waking up to from the night before.

12. Myke

As usual, all First Class packages, in and out are flowing smoothly and getting delivered quickly. Same for Priority.
    The Media Mail package a buyer here requested because he's "in no hurry," well it of course is floundering out there in " In Transit Arriving Late " purgatory.

Alan G likes this.
  13. steveharris

I’ve had media mail show up early to my surprise many times.Could be a fluctuation in volume so they don’t want to pay to send a truck that is not filled to capacity.Now they might have too much volume,staffing shortages etc.

14. Francophile50

15. steveharris

Well no tracking updates for days but my records arrived on my doorstep this morning.I jumped out of bed when I heard the footsteps outside so I could bring them inside right away before the sun baked them.I thought with no tracking updates I had gone from search and rescue to lost recovery but I am relieved to get my records.I have had good luck with DHL and Fed Ex.My Speakers even came DHL International.

16. Francophile50

I went to the post office and picked up my CDs yesterday at 1 p.m. and the update that they were delivered notified me 2 a.m. this morning.

17. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

So the package I ordered from Woodsist finally arrived today, shipped to me on June 3rd. Glad I didn't have to wait a full two months, but that's still quite a delay. Glad it finally arrived though.

18. John Lloyd

John Lloyd Forum Resident

I purchased something on eBay back on July 17th. A tracking number was created by USPS but there are no tracking updates. The package only needs to go a few hundred miles and the seller claims the package was handed off to USPS. Is it that common for no tracking information to be available if the package was really received by USPS?

19. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

Maybe not common but I see it happen occasionally. We didn't even get a mail delivery today. Guess it's too hot out.:shrug:

20. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Ok- so a first class package just delivered this past Saturday, it took roughly one month from Indiana. To add insult to injury, I have the mail carrier on my camera throwing, like a football the package from my lawn to my stairs. The package contained El34 Tubes in it. Luckily they somehow managed to not get damaged. This guy looked like a sub, our regular mail carrier is awesome and would have respected the “handle with care- fragile” sticker.

21. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

It's happened a couple times to me... No Update until it was delivered.

22. Greg Z

Greg Z Forum Resident

I'm awaiting a package that was sent on July 20 from California. I live in Minnesota.
    Six days after shipping it turned up in Philadelphia. Now it's in Jersey City, NJ.
    Still no estimated date of arrival. It's probably headed to Florida now.

23. rjh_54

rjh_54 Well-Known Member

Anybody know what the deal is with First Class tracking? I've sold quite a number of things these past few weeks and shipped using First Class and when I checked the tracking on a few of them it says "Your shipment is held at the post office at the customer's request". All of them have been "picked up" except for one, which has been at the buyer's post office for 4 days now. I've never seen these messages until recently, and only on First Class packages I've shipped out - never Priority or Media Mail shipments. I'm wondering if maybe it's not the customers requesting holds, but rather some sort of delay with First Class packages?

24. Myke

Uneasiness is my current experience.
    Ordered an SACD from a UK seller on July 9th through a Discogs seller.
    It made it to America, went through Customs in L.A., and took off.
    That was 6 days ago.
    The ' In Transit ' notifications stopped 2 days ago.
    Today is 3 weeks since I slapped down my $74.09.

25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

the international stuff both incoming and outgoing is a real mess. also everything that i've had come through LA has been delayed by at least a week. and i'm just one state away.

Myke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.