Amazon - Vinyl Shipping Issues

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by imthetxman, Jul 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imthetxman

imthetxman HardMediaMan Thread Starter

Is this true?? It sounds crazy that they would stop selling to someone due to their mistakes. I might understand banning you if you had a substantial record for returning items for no reason. They do categorize returns by reason of course. Is that perhaps what you mean??

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

It's in the archives here from years ago, when a few of our members got the boot. It was based solely on whatever the percentage was of your orders placed.

3. imthetxman

Well damn.... to me that is a big strike against them. I did not know they did this.

4. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident

I got from Amazon warehouse a Marley DVD listed as like new today. The inspected by Amazon package had only the front half of the DVD case,no insert AND no dvd

Myke likes this.
  5. imthetxman

That sucks.... I started this thread because I've had 3 or 4 recent issues. Been using Amazon for all kinds of stuff and they've been pretty reliable up until recently.

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I use my Prime to buy the occasional Blu ray, watch Prime Video, household items that are sometimes cheaper than the 3 local grocers, and Walgreens.
    My son uses them to buy his tools, and Amazon Music streaming.

7. imthetxman

I received the “Blood On The Tracks” from Amazon on Friday. Yes... Amazon sent me the correct item this time. That’s the good news. The bad news is... it was warped. Learned my lesson... Don’t buy vinyl from Amazon

8. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Nice slap in the face after the previous mess! How bad of a warp is it? Playable or not playable?

I recon Amazon stores records as they arrive from labels, flat inside boxes, which is probably beneficial to the process of warping.

9. imthetxman

Bad enough that I would have returned it from any other vendor but not so bad that it will not play. Somewhere between quarter and half inch tone arm bob. I’m gonna try to flatten it a little by leaving it under a stack of books for a couple weeks... we’ll see

10. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

I keep seeing threads here complaining about crap from Amazon.

If it's **** don't use it !!

11. imthetxman

You have my word..... I'm done with them :)
    Are you thinking they stack them on top of each other?? Geez... that certainly would do it.

E.Baba likes this.
  12. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yeah I think they do as that's how they are likely delivered from the label/pressing plant/distro. They aren't shipped like they are in a crate you flip through. So I expect that all the boxes go in their respective sections in the warehouse and lps are pulled as needed. They probably only remove them out the box when an order is placed and they are picked for the order.

imthetxman likes this.
  13. nategibson672

nategibson672 Forum Resident

Here's what Amazon sent me today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.