uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. DRS614

DRS614 Active Member

As luck would have it, I received a shipping notification for my first order (from July 4th) a few moments ago indicating a shipping label has been created. 17 days from placing an order until the shipping label gets printed; 11 days later than their projected shipping date. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to ship the second order.

srsch likes this.
  2. srsch

srsch Senior Member

My July 4th order still hasn't shipped. I did get an email on the 18th saying :
    "Thanks for reaching out to us! We are currently working on fulfilling your order as soon as possible. You should receive your tracking information in the next few business days!
    Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.
    Thanks for your patience & support,..."
    Still no notice of shipment.

3. Tuna82

Tuna82 Hyperactive!

I got the same today for an order that was supposed to ship the 8th.. They sadly remind me of the final days of Soundstage Direct..

4. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

ive had a cart full of stuff for weeks going back and forth, can't decide if i really need that stones box or not. the price is good but i've got originals for everything up through steel wheels
    the bluenote prices after stacked coupon are pretty dang sweet.

hutlock likes this.
  5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

at least you know that uDiscover isn't being run in a small office somewhere in pennsylvania. pretty sure we don't have to worry about this major corporation packing up and disappearing into the wind.

like others: i finally received shipping info. two large box sets en route.

jimhb, hutlock and Tuna82 like this.
  6. Tuna82

Tuna82 Hyperactive!

That’s true. But they still suck :laugh:

7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

That’s ALSO true! Lol

superstar19 and Tuna82 like this.
  8. srsch

srsch Senior Member

Finally got a UPS shipping confirmation today from my July 4th order. At least they have printed a shipping label!

superstar19, hutlock and Tuna82 like this.
  9. Marshman96

Marshman96 Forum Resident

My July 5th order shipped yesterday.

10. imail724

imail724 Forum Resident

Anyone know how they handle orders that include preorders? Will they ship the nonpreorders first or will I have to wait until the preorder item is available to get everything? I preordered 2 of the PJ Harvey reissues, and the first one was released today but my order says it's not expected to ship until August 21.

11. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

as far as i know, they'll keep your order until everything is in stock. that includes pre-orders and backorders.

i'd say e-mail them and ask for clarification, but i'm pretty sure udiscover has exactly one person manning the customer service desk and the average response time is 10 days.

superstar19 and hutlock like this.
  12. hutlock

I think this is correct. In the past I have tried to group my orders together based on release dates, in stock vs out of stock, etc to avoid this.

But basically sometimes when you are getting free shipping, this is what you put up with.

superstar19 and GentleSenator like this.
  13. imail724

imail724 Forum Resident

Very annoying. I'd like to just cancel my order and just order both items separately since shipping is free either way, but there doesn't seem to be an option to cancel so I'm stuck waiting for an email response anyway.

14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

you'll get no argument from me. udiscover/soundofvinyl are incredibly annoying to deal with. but i keep telling myself the deals will make it all ok in the end...

hutlock and imail724 like this.
  15. hutlock

Based on all the above, I am taking my sweet time breaking these orders up and making sure I get it right... for instance, just ordered the two Blue Note Tone Poets that Target screwed us all out of (The Kicker and It’s Time) with the next two PJ Harvey reissues (Rid Of Me and Four-Track Demos). Release dates are August 21 and August 28 so I shouldn’t have to wait too long... IN THEORY.

16. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

plus its "free shipping" period so you can order just 1 LP and it would still be shipped free (also do not forget to use your Amex and receive $5 cashback on each transaction above 10 up to ten times; you have to enroll your card in the offer prior to using it).

putz, capesq and hutlock like this.
  17. putz

putz Forum Resident

I was good. Only ordered 2 records. Used the Amex card & comeback code.

Shopping cart
    Product image Description Quantity Price
    [​IMG]
    1 Cruising With Ruben & The Jets LP 1 $13.35
    $10.68
    [​IMG]
    1 Brown Rice LP 1 $14.99
    $12.00
    Scroll for more items
    Cost summary
    Description Price
    Subtotal
    $28.34 USD
    Discount - $5.66 USD$5.66 USD off total order price
    Shipping & Handling Free
    Taxes $1.51
    Total USD $24.19

Dignan2000 and Davidmk5 like this.
  18. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I usually only order 1 album at a time from these guys that way the preorders don't hold me up. So far I have had good luck with Udiscover.

19. nategibson672

nategibson672 Forum Resident

OK. I ordered this July 17 along with Freak Out and Cruising with Ruben and the Jets.. No shipping notice. I was mainly concerned about the Beatles box. You guys had me worried about the length of time you've been waiting for shipments, so Wednesday 7/22 I requested a cancellation. Within an hour a shipping label was magically created and I received the set yesterday, carefully packed, in good condition. So nine days after ordering I got it. :laugh:

[​IMG]

20. srsch

srsch Senior Member

My July 4th order of 3 Rolling Stones half speed master LPs arrived yesterday. Packaging was good. Service was slow. Price after promo codes was excellent.

Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  21. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Preordered the next batch of Tone Poets a while ago but have been teetering on getting some of the remaining BN80 and TPs that I didn't have yet. Already used one of the 20% off codes, so think I'm going to use the last 2 for a BN80 order and a TP order (of in stock) and use my Amex card for $5 off each order.

My order from April took FOREVER to ship - Minor Move was backordered (without my knowledge) and they kept waiting - after finally emailing back and forth for over 2 weeks, they finally canceled and shipped the remaining. Expecting a slow go, but whatever, so long as they eventually end up here. Tough to ignore the sale!

22. jimi55

jimi55 Forum Resident

My July 8th order finally shipped today. Yes shipping is slow but the prices with the extra discount codes are worth the wait. Only a few more days left on these deals.

superstar19 and hutlock like this.
  23. hutlock

I’m hoping that they magically announce either the next round of Tone Poets or PJ Harvey reissues before the sale ends!

superstar19 and jason202 like this.
  24. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

you can use the COMEBACK code as many times as possible with one email address; also if you have an authorized user on AMEX then enroll their card as well (will have to create a new username/password on amex) and get another $5x10 cashback before 9/20

superstar19 and beyondmiles like this.
  25. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Well that's convenient.

Who wants to suggest some more things for me to buy?!

I guess I might as well preorder the Coltrane Verve Acoustic Sounds titles.

aperfecttool and hutlock like this.