Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Okay take a look at this listing:

Su Man Night Of Suman [Import] on DeepDiscount

There’s just no WAY that thing is really 18 DISCS OF VINYL, is there?!? I mean I don’t even know who Su Man is but I’m tempted to buy it now just to find out!

2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Overpriced. 18 discs of crappy vinyl would be $18 at your local record store. :)

(For the record, I have no idea who Su Man is.)

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  3. hutlock

See it can’t be right because if that was really 18 discs they would be charging the extra shipping right? But every other listing I found for this ALSO says 18 discs.

Probably because they all get the listing info from Alliance anyway... AKA Deep Discount.

DAMN IT. I just really want a massive 18 disc vinyl set now.

4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Step back from the ledge!

This is not Nitzer Ebb you are going after. It is most likely deserving of a $23 price tag...I mean $0.23 :)!!!

5. hutlock

In other news... the Bin is WAAAAAY low on titles right now. We are under 900 for vinyl! Where is our re-up?! We are definitely due for an avalanche of new stuff.

6. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

I was going to make a comment that this thread has been quiet this past week (which is good for my wallet!).
    I did also notice that the bin is getting quite low.

7. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

I don't think this is an 18 disc set. I copied the UPC from DD and pasted it into the search field of the YesAsia.com website and came across this listing:

YESASIA: The Night Of Suman (Vinyl LP) (China Version) - Su Man, StarSing Records - Mandarin Music - Free Shipping - North America Site

The product description lists it as something with side A and B only, so it looks like it is a single vinyl record.

Also, while searching on other websites and seeing the same mention of 18 discs, I noticed that the prices were just too unbelievably inexpensive for something with that many discs, so I'm guessing the description is incorrect.

PS - Thanks for all of your previous posts of items in the Blowout Bin, its interesting to see what is being offered.

8. hutlock

Thank you for the information! Now I definitely don’t need to order it! Hahaha

9. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

10. hutlock

11. popscene

popscene Senior Member

I know...I may get so starved for bargains that I start doing erratic, desperate acts like picking up those Ed Sheeran albums.

Nahhhhhh...

12. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Lol.....Ive had that Madonna album in my cart so many times but I've always put it back. I'm getting itchy now though.......

13. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Same... beginning to feel the DD withdrawal symptom... Scanning the pages trying to find something to buy.:laugh:

14. hutlock

I would sooner buy the whole set of Def Leppard Funko Pops myself.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  15. Juggsnelson

I have seriously considered those!

16. hutlock

Not gonna lie, the fact there is an actual toy of the one-armed drummer is just perverse enough to make me want to spend money on it. I would have to buy the rest of the band for context though.

elsanto, ATMP, latheofheaven and 4 others like this.
  17. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

Lol, I did and The Police

18. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Oh God. I had to look it up. That is pretty funny. Too bad the group set is on backorder.

19. popscene

popscene Senior Member

:laughup:

20. popscene

popscene Senior Member

So have I. I think it's the only Madonna album that I don't have a physical copy of, but even at the bargain price haven't been able to convince myself to pull the trigger. I want to like it, but I just don't.

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  21. Juggsnelson

I haven't heard a track on it but the last Madonna song I heard that I really liked was "Hung Up"...and that was probably because of the Abba sampling.

22. Juggsnelson

Nice! I still need the Spaceman to complete the Kiss set but don't want to pay full price.

fretter, Matt I and latheofheaven like this.
  23. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

1. I bought the Ed Sheeran album out of the bin for one of my girls for Christmas. Never too soon to plan for the pandemic version of the holidays!

2. The Madonna album is as bad on vinyl as it is on CD (and I was ready to like it because i dig the first single). I gave that one to my son. I don’t think he has even listened to it yet.

24. Juggsnelson

Lol....I guess we will have to suffer seeing them in the bin for a long time to come. Unless they drop in price a bit more......

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  25. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Since there isn't anything new and exciting to talk about in the bin, I'll talk about what I bought.

Props to @Larsen for I Was A King. Nice LP indeed, glad to have gotten it. But what completely blew me away was Band Of Gold. Holy smoke, I only paid $5 for this?!?! I read the sleeve a few times to find the writing credits for "I Wanna Dance With You Again" as it is a perfect slice of familiar 80's AOR. Could have sworn it was a Quarterflash cover. Curiously, as outstanding as that song is, the rest of the album (particularly side two) is much more adventurous, intriguing and fulfilling. "Dance" would make a singles tape any day of the week but the album is certain to be on heavy rotation.

Band of Gold has one other album which I promptly snagged on Discogs from a USA seller. Might be the find of the year for me and again, thanks so much for sharing this gem!

Larsen, superstar19, Davidmk5 and 4 others like this.