Discogs experiences-postive and negative*

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by ROFLnaked, Oct 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

That's what neutral is for.

WithinYourReach likes this.
  2. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

I see most neutral ratings as a 'negative' from a person that has neither the time nor energy to pursue the issue further.

3. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Not what I see and what I use it for at all.

4. Ausrob

Ausrob Active Member

I just had a look - I've had a total of 19 purchases though Discogs from Feb 2017 to Jan 2020. Of the 19 purchases, 11 were local (Australia) and 8 were from o/seas (US, EU & Canada). 17 were as described & shipped & packaged well. 1 was a clear scam (Spain) which ended up with a full refund via PayPal and the other 1 was incorrect version (listed as OP, in fact slightly later RP). Some grading accuracies have varied (conservative and optimistically), but not enough to worry about sending back to seller.

Poor seller communication is a sign of problems to follow, but aside from that I might have just been luckier than most?

5. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

Let's have a toast to all the conscientious sellers who carefully remove the LP from the jacket to avoid damage... and then leave it inside the custom inner sleeve! :doh:

tmtomh and GentleSenator like this.
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

shopping here has apparently made us spoiled. i get legitimately angry when i get a record that isn't inside a new inner/outer and removed from the sleeve.

7. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

The thing is, I really don't care if sellers remove the record or not... But it's funny when they go to the trouble of removing it but they don't seem to know why they're supposed to do it. "Unclear on the concept..."

GentleSenator likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.