Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Slim pickings for bargains right now on amazon, that Cream Goodbye box price drop last week must've been because HMV has an in store sale in UK. The frustration is that its "in store" only and Amazon only price match HMV's online store. Shame. Will pop out later and see if HMV have anything.

I'm getting that itch, aside from the 3 for £10 365 games offer havent got anything in a while. It is clearly an addiction. :sigh:

imarcq likes this.
  2. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

3. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Thanks. I grabbed these for a tenner... :)

[​IMG]

superstar19 and Almost Simon like this.
  4. uncarvedbloke

uncarvedbloke Forum Resident

5. imarcq

They got delivered today! Added to the listening pile.... ;)

Almost Simon and ptijerm like this.
  6. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

That was quick!

imarcq likes this.
  7. imarcq

Corona-mail! :D

ptijerm and Almost Simon like this.
  8. Almost Simon

My 3 arrived yesterday, currently listening to Jib Kidder - Teaspoon to the ocean, nice lyric booklet. Sounds decent so far.

Cheatahs - Mythologies is very early 90s shoegaze/maybe a bit like early Ride, also its double green vinyl. Hooton Tennis Club album next. All three came with mp3 downloads. So with Cheatahs album its actually 4 LPs for £10.

Wondering if theres anything left in that 3 for £10 sale worth me taking a gamble on before it finally disappears.

imarcq likes this.
  9. Almost Simon

10. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Almost Simon likes this.
  11. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

superstar19 likes this.
  12. imarcq

The Arc Iris is a double....looks good from you tube....I've not opened yet tho...

And Conveyors seem promising... again I didn't open yet...

"Conveyor's musical style has been compared to that of Talking Heads and Dirty Projectors, with "a quasi-African lilt that happens to be bent by... odd meters."[1]"

And the other guy, Nic Hessler, had a half decent three stars in The Guardian..

"Signed as a teenager as Catwalk, Nic Hessler’s precocious beginning as a west coast indie guitar pop-smith was cut short when, aged 18, he was diagnosed with a rare auto-immune disorder. That’s not why you should enjoy this debut solo album though. Hessler has no need for sympathy: he’s already walking on sunshine, tilting at jangly power pop, the Lemonheads, Love and countless knock-kneed indie bands. Originality is not his strongest suit, but songs like Hearts, Repeating and deeper album cuts such as All In the Night are so bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and well-crafted it’s not an issue."

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/15/nic-hessler-soft-connections-observer-review?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA=#aoh=15961024990899&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/15/nic-hessler-soft-connections-observer-review

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    superstar19 and FlexFantastic like this.
  13. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Ordered in Feb. Shipped March 26. Amazon.uk refunded 4/29. CDs arrived today.

14. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

[​IMG]

longdist01, imarcq, dastinger and 2 others like this.
  15. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

16. imarcq

Via Coronamail Express! ;)

17. ibis

ibis Happy as fish and gorgeous as geese

Mine was 'shipped' too and never received. Had a refund when I chased it up. Glad you got yours :)

18. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature Thread Starter

imarcq likes this.
  19. myles

myles Argyle, before you ask ....

Its the first time I've seen this - kinda ironic when you see how some vinyl arrives at your door!

[​IMG]

frogfog and FourWalledWorld like this.
  20. Almost Simon

They've added some more to the pile, or thats the way it looked when i received another 365games alert this morning and ordered 3 more :hide: hoping i can intercept before wife spots another 3 LP delivery this week - "they cost me £10, honest!!" https://www.365games.co.uk/combo-de..._source=affiliate_window&utm_medium=affiliate

Ordered Glenn Davis, jennylee and Lee Bannon this time. All sound decent on youtube and worthy of further listening. A couple of my previous purchases i may end up trading in at second hand vinyl store but when you only spend £3.33 per LP it doesnt seem so bad.

Not sure how long the offer will last, as before, lots of acts i've never heard of so do your research - youtube/spotify and you might come up with a gem for very little cash spend.

Markyp, superstar19 and imarcq like this.
  21. Almost Simon

Not much bargain wise on amazon recently. bit of a shame.

superstar19 and imarcq like this.
  22. imarcq

Thanks. I guess the fun part is doing the research to see if you think you might enjoy something new. For that amount of money it's worth taking a chance :)

Almost Simon likes this.
  23. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

24. imarcq

Goldy likes this.
  25. imarcq

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    superstar19 and granata like this.