Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Got a shipping notice on the first of the PJ Harvey vinyl reissues (Dry and Dry Demos) earlier today. Pretty pleased because release day is Friday 7/24, so it looks like I will have these pretty damn close to on time. Hope the packaging is solid, fingers crossed on that.

sennj and SJP like this.
  2. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

That’s better than Amazon, who says I won’t have mine till Tuesday of next week.

hutlock likes this.
  3. imail724

imail724 Forum Resident

The pending charge on my card, which included 3 of the Neil boxsets, is now gone again.

4. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Yep, they love to mess with our minds. I've had the charge for the Neil Young sets show up as a temp charge, then disappear, twice myself. Next time, I won't get my hopes up.

5. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

My single LP order (purchased a book and cd, as well, shipped separately) was shipped in one of the ‘flanged clamshell style pizza boxes’. Not the best shipper, One corner ding. Replacement not available, accepted refund.

6. hutlock

Forgot to mention: my PJ Harvey LPs arrived in perfect shape in an LP mailer. I’m not exactly sure what a “flanged clamshell style pizza box” is so I’m not sure if that’s what mine was packed in, but they were just fine and the packing seemed adequate, though I would have appreciated USPS not leaving the box outside my house in the rain... I have a covered porch, they just didn’t bother to use it. Grrrr.

7. imail724

imail724 Forum Resident

Regretting my decision to cancel my PJ preorder from Target and order from udiscover instead. Looks like I'm going to now have to wait until Rid of Me is released before they ship Dry. And even that's being optimistic with how awful their shipping has been since all their sales started.

8. hutlock

Yeah because of the free shipping at uDiscover they only ship complete orders. I got around it on the next two sets of PJ Harvey albums by ordering them just two at a time. It’s free shipping regardless and that way you don’t have to wait at least... can’t beat the prices at least during the current sale!

9. imail724

imail724 Forum Resident

I wish I had known that at the time! Once I found out I emailed them about it in hopes they would let me cancel my current order so I could re-order each record separately, but their customer service response time has been abysmal as well. Ah well, guess I'll just have to wait.

hutlock likes this.
  10. hutlock

Yeah we all found out after the last big sale... the hard way, just like you. Sucks man.

imail724 likes this.
  11. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Still waiting on Dylan's MSFL Oh Mercy that I purchased during their sale. Hopefully they are able to get one, before they sell out.

12. hutlock

I would think if they had a pre-order in for it that they would but you never know with limited editions like that... fingers crossed for ya!

hyde park likes this.
  13. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I think the moral is that with Target, use their sales to purchase mainstream products that you know will ship. I did that last time around for the Dylan, Dead, and Springsteen releases from November and the items arrived on time and well packed.

GentleSenator likes this.
  14. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

Glad your tiems arrived in good shape. The "clamshell pizza box" is almost a cross between an egg carton and a regular ol' pizza box shipper. In other words: FLIMSY! I believe that MovieMars used to use the mailers also.

hutlock likes this.
  15. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

Took a few weeks but my pre-order for the 50th anniversary Workingman's Dead set finally shipped after being on backorder from release day. Think I was charged $17, "wait until that deal come round."

Now we'll see on those Turrentine and Coltrane pre-orders, those will be sitting for a while. Still ticked about the shifty Kicker cancellation but satisfied with this round. All my stuff has been well packed, quickly shipped out (for in stock items) and super deals at about 33 and 1/3% off.

16. hutlock

Wow, that doesn’t sound like what mine were in! Mine were in a triple-fold flapped cardboard mailer, but it Also extended out at the sides to provide a little extra corner protection, kind of like a mini-whiplash mailer.

lightbulb and SJP like this.
  17. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Me too. In stock at the big 3 (ED,MD and AS)

Come on Target its been since the sell before last that I ordered the dang thing!

18. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Mail today dropped of Criterion Blu-Ray "War of the Worlds" today...two days earlier than online Tracking estimates. Two more titles should be coming in a couple weeks after late August release dates!

hutlock likes this.
  19. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

I am not holding my breath -- I sent an email to them and below was their response. I guess I could call, but I am pretty sure that won't get me anywhere, either.

20. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Oh you ain't getting that lol

21. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

Same. I got my shipping notification of Workingman's this week as well. Here's to hoping the other preorders ship, not to mention the Neil deal!

Rekkerds and hutlock like this.
  22. hutlock

SHHHHHHH! We don’t want to jinx the Neil deal!!!!

23. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Does Target run these B2G1 sales on a regular schedule? This last one was the first time I noticed one.

24. hutlock

I think they’ve been doing them twice a year.

25. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I also pre-ordered the mysterious vinyl re-pressing of The Crow soundtrack that showed up on Target's site and nowhere else. Don't think I'll see that one, either.