Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

2. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

Sorry to hear that lightbulb. I've been pretty lucky with my last couple Amazon orders. I think of the last four, three were in proper mailers inside larger boxes, and one was loose inside a box, with some corner dinging, but not horrible.

latheofheaven and lightbulb like this.
  3. slashdot87

slashdot87 Forum Resident

Amazon is getting lazy. They shipped my wife a box of granola bars as is, just stuck a label on the box and mailed it on to us. She will not be happy.

johnny q and lightbulb like this.
  4. lightbulb

I was about to make a stupid joke about dinged corners,
    But who knows if those granola bars rattled around more than usual, and are broken up.

Definitely not as disappointing as a smashed box set, but it’s not the product quality ordered, as expected.

(First World Problem #126)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    slashdot87 and latheofheaven like this.
  5. lightbulb

It’s weird, of the numerous Amazon shipments over the years, this is probably only the 3rd and 4th time it’s ever happened.
    :(

latheofheaven likes this.
  6. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

That sucks! I can't remember exactly how mine was packaged, but it arrived damage free.

lightbulb likes this.
  7. slashdot87

slashdot87 Forum Resident

If it was a box set, I would have been on with customer service quicker than you can say (Insert your own joke here)

8. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

FYI, if you see the following verbiage on the product page, then take a guess how your item will be shipped. It’s on the right side of the page, under “Buy It Now” and “Add To Cart” buttons.

Item arrives in packaging that reveals what's inside. To hide it, choose Ship in Amazon packaging at checkout.

See here for an example:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...n_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=shforums-20

I agree it’s idiotic they mail records that way and Amazon is doing some very idiotic things lately, but in this case they’re telling you in advance they’ll be idiots and mail your LP or box set with no outer packaging.

So, choose ‘Ship in Amazon packaging’ at checkout and save yourself the hassle of being stressed out by Amazon (or just buy from Bull Moose).
    :cool:

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

alas, i've chosen that option and it didn't matter. still shipped my record in a poly envelope or even just a giant label over the shrink wrap.

i think that our best bet is to realize that while lots of folks haven't had any problems (yet), we have to understand that amazon is still extremely busy right now due to increased demand for everything and they've hired thousands more new folks to pick & pack our orders. there are going to be more errors. you just have to take solace in knowing that for the most part, returns are painless.

10. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

That option isn't on every available record. Its only on some items. If it was on everything, that could solve some of problem, but it isn't foolproof. I know.. I've clicked on it when available and still gotten things packed incorrectly.

And.. Bull Moose isn't perfect. I had three severely damaged shipments from them in a row due to flimsy packaging. They refunded me, but I won't use them anymore.

11. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Strange.... my experience has been the opposite.

When I buy records with this "reveals" language, I always get them mailed inside their custom "whiplash-like" record mailer. So I am always happy to see a record with that language. I have chosen "ship in Amazon packaging" with records with the "reveals" language and all that does is they put the record already in a mailer into a big Amazon box.

The ones that come in a padded envelope or just tossed inside a big Amazon box with some air packets (I have yet to experience them just slapping a shipping label on the shrink....) are the ones that do not have the "reveals" language. That is how it has been for me, at least.

12. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

There is Amazon "normal" and there is the recent "normal" and they are very different. I used to get an occasional poorly packed LP but lately it's been a very high percentage. I've even taken the extra steps to hide the package as a gift and it has helped to a point. I no longer get stickers stuck to the shrink wrap but I have received a number in the white plastic bags. Right now I am pausing Amazon LP purchases because of their crap packaging. there are too many companies shipping in a responsible manner for me to tolerate their negligence.

13. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

It isn’t like Amazon needs the money! Lol

14. Surrural

Surrural Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed that Amazon is no longer offering the free auto-dip downloads? Pretty much every 'upcoming purchase' on the Wish List no longer offer the free download. Bummer for those that spend WAY too much time on the road...

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  15. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

16. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

I am not doubting anyone’s experience but I have never had anything but sturdy packaging and undamaged goods. I order often.
    I’ve got the new Bobbie Gentry reissue arriving today.
    Fingers crossed ...

I wonder if it’s geographic and if some distribution centers are better than others.
    I’m in the greater Los Angeles area.

GentleSenator likes this.
  17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

18. vinylshadow

vinylshadow Forum Resident

19. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

Thanks for the heads up! I just grabbed the last one. I've been waiting for this to return to being a deals thread and not a packaging thread.

Adam6437, hutlock and vinylshadow like this.
  20. vinylshadow

vinylshadow Forum Resident

Enjoy it. It is so good!

There's one there now for $8.

It's like when I recently bought Forever Changes 50th Anniversay set. It said last one at $72. I bought it and looked again. Sure enough there was another listed but at $64.

21. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

It never says you get them , but somehow I still have been getting them on release date in my account on the stuff i've bought recently , so it may vary from title to title , but i have been still getting them :righton:

22. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

Same for me, but it’s really hit or miss. Springsteen’s Western Stars didn’t come with a rip but did come with a digital download card. Not sure if it was a special price or not, but Amazon has that now for $13.93. I bought mine yesterday and it came today (and I always choose the ‘Ship in Amazon Packaging” option now as I got the ‘Equals’ album from The Alarm a while ago and it was in the most flimsy cardboard mailer that arrived with the corners all bent a bit.) The Springsteen link in case it is a special price:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXTFPGX/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_mCIjFbE2J0JWX

Davidmk5 and FlexFantastic like this.
  23. Surrural

Surrural Well-Known Member

Well, I grabbed a few off the wish list that mentioned the free auto-rip before and lo & behold, they both included the free download. Sweet. Thanks for the insight :cool:

Davidmk5 likes this.
  24. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

Lou Barlow - EMOH, 15th anniversary vinyl edition is $21.59 right now ($27 everywhere else). Gorgeous 2 LP gatefold with nice printed inners, plus FLAC (yay!) or MP3 download card. Over the past 15 years I've really come to love this low key acoustic album. The songwriting is stellar and the performances are really heartfelt. If you're a fan of his work, you'll probably like this. First time on vinyl in the USA.
    https://www.amazon.com/Emoh-Lou-Bar...eywords=lou+barlow+emoh&qid=1596415399&sr=8-1

25. VinylSteals

VinylSteals Forum Resident

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020