Your Complete Music Collection On...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by AudioAddict, Jul 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siebrand

siebrand music lover

what an absurd tread.
    The most important option is missing:
    I want my CD collection on the shelves. In my house.
    (I made some beautiful wooden shelves, they are very beautiful. They also furnish). My Wife loves them.

I will have to do more ... I had calculated space for 4,000 pieces, but now I don't know where to put them anymore.

where is the option "on the shelves / in the cupboard or something like that"? Why there is not?

2. BrokenByAudio

BrokenByAudio Forum Resident

I'll opt for the harem.

3. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

I have my CDs.

I also have them as Flac on 2 HDD. My DAC feeds my system at 192/32. I am still new to this digital file stuff, but after all my experimenting this route sounds good to me.

4. Paul_s

Paul_s Forum Resident

44.1kHz on CD's please. Uncle Elon re-located to the International Space Station with no internet :D

5. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

:idea: And, in case of an emergency, he can sew them all together in one giant panel to reflect that giant laser Mr. "Space Force" wants to point at him.

SuntoryTime likes this.
  6. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Then, who would you "make the sex" with, while she is dusting...? :confused:

7. matteos

matteos Stereotype

Direct to Disk. I have two of these records and the sound is the most life like I have heard. Unfortunately - Like most music that exists on Direct to Disk.. The music isn't great. Everybody plays very carefully as they don't want to mess up the recording. But as a means of recording it is the most real I have encountered so far.

8. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

:confused:

9. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

I want my MTV. :biglaugh:

10. Josquin des Prez

Josquin des Prez I have spoken!

The vast majority of my life has been playing 12" 33s. I good sticking with that. Always brings me joy.

11. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

I chose 45 - but vinyl is vinyl and probably should be lumped together like direct to disc 45.

12. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

...The head of a pin (obviously!).

beowulf likes this.
  13. radioalien

radioalien We came in peace for all mankind

my naked body?

14. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

I have all my music already in lossless on a hard drive. I voted digital, but the 192K / 32 bit thing sounds like overkill. I’m happy with what I have.

shaboo likes this.
  15. Rolling Stone

Rolling Stone Active Member

I have ripped my entire LP collection to 24 bit FLAC, playing from the USB out put of my phone to a stand alone DAC....same warmth with no digital brightness or harshness...no Vinyl inconveniences, no getting up from listening chair to flip the LP...same Vinyl warm sound....however i do occasionally play my LPs , just for that Nostalgic Vinyl inconvenience.

I handle things roughly, easy for my CDs and "expensive Vinyl" to get scratched and make them unplayable or depreciate their value , so this works for me perfect.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    shaboo likes this.
  16. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

LP, CD, & I do have 100+ cassettes too.

17. Byrdsmaniac

Byrdsmaniac Forum Resident

Compact Disc.

18. Bryan T

Bryan T Forum Resident

I’d have to go digital, but I’ll miss the ritual of vinyl.

As great as 45 RPM 12” records sound, a whole collection of those would drive me crazy with constant flipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.