New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. The Slipperman

The Slipperman Forum Resident

Roger will not release the original Wall concert until he is sure he's done milking it. Would be nice to do a 40th anniversary of the shows this year or next year.

jonnyslb likes this.
  2. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

Just watching "Delicate Sound Of Thunder" right now on TV

eyeCalypso likes this.
  3. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

So, never.
    There will always be those who want to see this show again or for the first time.

jonnyslb likes this.
  4. Isn't The Wall the only slice of the Pink Floyd pie that Waters owns outright?

It could be a while before the original live stuff, via video, for that album is "officially" released.

5. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

And 5.1 of the original album.......

quicksrt and jonnyslb like this.
  6. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

The Wall live by Waters has been played just about everywhere. Time to move on....

Andy Saunders likes this.
  7. Solace

Solace Forum Resident

Roger won’t release it because it was filmed on video and isn’t very good (the Nassau shows I believe). Alan Parker filmed a few songs at Earls Court in 1981, but not the complete show.

klockwerk and jonnyslb like this.
  8. eyeCalypso

eyeCalypso Forum Resident

Have you heard the SACD 2-track? (Talking about WYWH)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  9. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

Nope.

c-eling likes this.
  10. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Pass, I wasn't impressed with the two channel SACD. Packaging and design (imo) are it's best features :)

DrZhivago, Leonthepro and formu_la like this.
  11. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

And 5.1.

MikeF63, c-eling and eyeCalypso like this.
  12. eyeCalypso

eyeCalypso Forum Resident

I must disagree. I enjoy it the most, and I've listened to many US versions from 1st print and also the touted Japanese "2-track" CD.

dkmonroe and c-eling like this.
  13. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

That's not true, the truth is that Roger made a private DVD with the film that he had, when we was preparing is The Wall tour 2010-2012, to show to the prodution team and musicians I supposed with film from 1981 Earl's Court Shows and when he was searching for the films we was surprise because he discovered more footage that was supposed to have (the ideia was to film only 3-5 songs to put on the Wall Movie), apparently the film crew filmed more that they were supposed to, and he was very exciting during the editing of that DVD. This was explained in a Mojo magazine issue, December 2009! And of course there is also, the 1980 Earl's Court shows were also video taped in it's entirety, so a great DVD/Blu-Ray can be made since there's a will from the owner, because from the millions of fans around the world certainly has that desire!

NunoBento likes this.
  14. klockwerk

klockwerk Forum Resident

I'm sorry but this is so far from the truth it is laughable.

15. c-eling

That's the diamond right there :righton:

dkmonroe, latheofheaven and formu_la like this.
  16. c-eling

For two channel i'm caught between the Japan Mastersound and the UK Harvest, both give an interesting approach for my tastes.
    LP, I'm good with the US 'Barry' 1981 issue. :)

HiFi Guy 008 and latheofheaven like this.
  17. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

what’s the Barry re-issue?

18. c-eling

One of three mystery engineers at the time. They only sig'd with their first names, one being a gal.
    Picked it up at a local antique shop for around 5 bucks couple years ago.
    Green label, I guess he did a couple more 81 re-issues- rare as hens teeth.
    Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

HiFi Guy 008 likes this.
  19. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

Hmmm. I’ll have to look at my copy.
    What do you like about it?
    I’m having doubts about getting the reissue.

20. Emmett.

Emmett. Active Member

I was wondering if there was ever a slip case or box for the PF studio albums?

21. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

For the vinyl format?

I know that a box was exclusively available in Japan during the last Japanese CD mini lp campaign.

22. Emmett.

Emmett. Active Member

Yes, for the vinyl. Internet searches show box sets with albums but I am thinking of just a box for storage.

23. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

The Pink Floyd website was selling a boxed bundle of the vinyl reissues but the box wasn't special, generic brown cardboard. Here's the details from the PF archives:

Pink Floyd Archives-U.S. Box Set LP Discography

Emmett. and Norco74 like this.
  24. Sci-Fi Kid

Sci-Fi Kid Forum Resident

Just had the time (and empty house) to do an A/B between my UK A-4/B-3 Meddle and a 2016 UK Grundman. Just like the WYWH (and DSOTM) I A/B'd in the WYWH thread, they're not even in the same league. Again, just no magic in the Grundman. I'm not a wave guy. Are the highs rolled off? They sound lightly veiled, lacking breath and sustain, and even slightly tinny with Meddle.
    Put on the VG++ A4/B3 and boom! There it is. Pillow, Fearless, and San Tropez are pure magic (Seamus not so much). I can't imagine what one of the touted 1U/1Us sounds like?! But finding one of those as quiet as this would be pricey, so I will likely stand pat.
    The only reason I might keep the Grundman is to play the difference for anyone interested (they are that night and day), and the gatefold on this is simply beautiful.

25. jfine

jfine Forum Resident

Have the A7/B6 HTM (Harry Moss) Meddle. Also a japanese first press, like that one too. The 1U/1U, not missing much IMO. The 2016 is different yep. Maybe the tapes are just old now.