Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident Thread Starter

More often than that. Looking at my purchase history for the last year, they had the B2G1 sale that included music in Sept, Oct, and Nov 2019, and Feb, Jun 2020. There were additional months where the sale only applied to movies, books, and/or video games. Most sales were for 1 week, but one time towards the end of last year they extended the sale for 3 or 4 weeks in a row.

2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

yeh there have been at least 6 of them withing 12 months ........ then sometimes just movies & or books .

hutlock likes this.
  3. Target is getting out of the media business sooner rather than later. The frequent sales are their way of cleaning out excess inventory.

4. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

It's clear that BestBuy is doing that since they stopped carrying cds entirely (except whatever existing stock might be in any given store) and I read that the only reason they still carry vinyl is that they signed some contracts to carry it through a certain date in the future. But Target still seems to add "Target exclusive" titles to their website which seems like a weird thing to do if they are planning to get out of the media business soon. I am not completing doubting what you wrote because, sadly, I think most people no longer buy any physical media but I'm not sure how soon is soon.

5. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Perhaps Target is constantly evaluating which music genres, formats, and demographics, etc that they’d like to focus upon...

Which most music retailers have done for decades.

hutlock likes this.
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

perhaps in-store, but what incentive would they have to discontinue online sales?

7. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Not a great deal BUT Target has Buy one get one at 25% off on vinyl if you order online for same day in store pickup SO it would have to be in stock at your store

Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

superstar19 likes this.
  8. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, I don't see Target stopping anytime soon online at least, i've never seen much vinyl in any stores i've been too across the country so I wouldn't be surprised if that disappears but def. not online. It's anybodies guess what will happen in the distant future as there's so many uncertainties for nearly all outlets.

GentleSenator and SJP like this.
  9. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I think Target is just a storefront for at least some of the music they offer. I cannot imagine that they are warehousing so much product, especially some of the cool stuff that shows up during the B2G1 sales.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  10. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

I received an email from Target this morning saying that the new estimated delivery date for the Neil Young Archives Vol.. II set is September 3rd. But I've seen mention by Neil Young (I think on his website) that the new release date is November 6th. So, will those of us who ordered this set from Target receive these emails multiple times as they realize that the release date is not in September, or October?

aoxomoxoa and superstar19 like this.
  11. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Pretty much. They are just updating based on supplier. Tbh it's a really good sign

hutlock and superstar19 like this.
  12. I was at a Target store today and they’re selling The Very Best Of The Beach Boys (double LP on orange marble vinyl) for $7.48, which I bought. They also had Creedence’s Chronicle Vol. 1 for $10.50.

SJP, Davidmk5 and superstar19 like this.
  13. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Wow, we’re those Markdowns? Good deals for sure.

14. Yeah they had about 5 copies of each, guessing they’re in other store locations too?

hutlock likes this.
  15. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Wow, I was just in Target the other day and had a chance to browse the vinyl. Nothing was marked down, but had I know about this post I would have checked pricing on the scanner.

16. hutlock

I’ve definitely seen some stores where the markdowns are just mixed in with the rest, and others where they go to an endcap or something. Look for those bright yellow stickers though!

superstar19 likes this.
  17. BigDave

BigDave Forum Resident

Just to warn folks before you make a trip, the markdowns may be based on the store.

I was at one Target that 4 copies of the Beach Boys and it rang up the price checker at normal price. They did have a Beyonce (B'Day) at around $11, a Diana Ross at $6-7 and one other that I forget. I ended up at another one that had 1 copy of the Beach Boys and it was normal price as well. There were no other signs for clearance at that 2nd store.

So there is some clearance out there, but it might not be the same everywhere.

Davidmk5, hutlock and Shawn like this.
  18. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Yup. Sales vary from store to store.

hutlock and Shawn like this.
  19. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

I received Bobby Hutcherson's "The Kicker" today from the last B2G1 sale.
    Jackie McLean's "It's Time" was cancelled because I missed out on approving the "delay."

superstar19 likes this.
  20. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I picked up several LPs on clearance at Target today.

Marvin Gaye - #1's Purple Translucent Vinyl - $6.58
    The Temptations - #1's Blue Translucent Vinyl - $10.98
    Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA 180G - $12.98
    The Beatles - Abbey Road Bundle Anniversary Edition w/Large T-Shirt - $17.98

superstar19 likes this.
  21. hutlock

I got shipping notices today for the Joe Henderson Tone Poet and the first two Verve AP titles. Pretty pleased that they are getting those out the door sooner rather than later.

superstar19 and GentleSenator like this.
  22. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

wow, nice. i was just wondering if i might as well.

hutlock likes this.
  23. hutlock

I’m still bitter that they cancelled those other two Tone Poets. I wound up ordering those from uDiscover, which means I might get them by October.

GentleSenator likes this.
  24. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

I just got a backorder notice on the Neil Young Archives II box set. “We wanted to let you know that items from your order will arrive after your estimated delivery date. We apologize for the delay.” The interminable wait goes on.

hutlock, SJP and imail724 like this.
  25. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Same here but mine also had the infamous delay approval request which I just did.

SJP and Mike6565 like this.