When can you listen to music at home?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sear, Aug 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Whenever I'm either (a) not working on my own music, or (b) not watching a movie or TV program, excluding sports, because sometimes I watch sports while listening to music.

2. Ted Mooney

Ted Mooney Eclectic Music Fan

I took early severance from my Civil Service job nine years ago at the age of 51.I mostly play my music virtually everyday when my wife and I are at home.My tastes are eclectic.My wife who is also retired is home all day with me.She loves virtually all my musical choices with just one or two exceptions,she is not very keen on the blues.Even if I do play something that is not to her taste she never telle me to turn it off.

DME1061 likes this.
  3. vinylshadow

vinylshadow Forum Resident

Ditto.

I've not watched any TV(except recorded sports and a few shows and the 60's-70's Mission Impossible TV Series) in the last 4 weeks. All music all the time.

Until I do solder work on my speakers and hook up my Benz cartridge it's been CD's and Sirius Satellite music- Real Jazz and Deep Tracks in Surround. Yeah boyeeee.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  4. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Whenever I like, in the ex dining room which is now my man cave. Wifey watches a lot of garbage TV so I spend about three/four hours an evening in there.

Mook likes this.
  5. majorlance

majorlance Forum Resident

Sounds to me like these women need their "mindless boolchit" as a break from living with people so smug & judgmental.
    :doh:

6. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I've tried to broaden my wife's musical tastes. It's worked for the most part. She loves Nick Drake and plenty of others I've turned her on to. However, she's just as happy listening to the radio. Which would be fine to me, if it were 1968 or something like that. Today's radio is awful. I listen to music when she's not at home or when I'm driving to work. This way if I want to play some Punk or other non-mainstream music, I won't be challenged.

7. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

Whenever I want, really. I prefer to listen to records on our big speakers when I’m at home, but I generally only do that on weekends or every other Friday when I’m off work. We have a Bluetooth speaker that we sync our phones to for streaming, which is usually how we put on music if we want to listen to something while making dinner. Most nights my wife and I just like to talk and maybe watch something dumb on TV to unwind. She doesn’t like a lot of the same music I do, but that’s fine. I have plenty of opportunity to listen to that stuff on weekends or at work. I like hanging out with her when I’m home.

WithinYourReach likes this.
  8. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I forgot to mention, my wife likes a lot of Bu**sh**t TV. The things we do for love.

forthlin, ssmith3046 and Blastproof like this.
  9. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

Exactly who is the judgmental one? Hmmm????? (Sorry, that was smug.)

Deek57 likes this.
  10. majorlance

majorlance Forum Resident

Nyah, nyah, nyah. Just calling 'em as I see 'em.

11. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

whenever

12. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

With my wife and I, insofar as we have different likes, we do our own thing.

We do stuff together than we both enjoy.

Deek57 likes this.
  13. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

We have very similar and equally wide-ranging musical taste, so we're perfectly happy to listen to each other's music. Same with TV and movies, really. So there's never any arguments or things we can't listen to in each other's presence or any of that nonsense. Unlike apparently a lot of married people, we actually enjoy being around each other.

14. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Man that would be tough.
    Even my live in ex likes music and has never complained, about that, lol.
    There's music playing in the house, garage/system 2 and yard every waking hour.

forthlin likes this.
  15. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

Having my own room 12' x 11' that is at the front of the property enables me to listen whenever l choose.:edthumbs:

Except when l am at work obviously.:realmad::D

Deek57 likes this.

16. Be mindful of radon

17. DME1061

DME1061 Forum Resident

You're a lucky man!

WithinYourReach likes this.
  18. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I live alone and literally can listen 24/7 now that I'm working at home. In reality I listen for 2-3 hours in the morning, hit and miss in the afternoons, and 3-4 hours in the evening. Admittedly some of that time is more background music especially if it is during the weekday and I'm working on the computer. It certainly is more difficult if you are married or have a significant other or roommate but I still found time but just did more headphone listening than I do now.

Tim 2 likes this.
  19. abzach

abzach Forum Resident

During daytime, always.

20. Palmreg

Palmreg Forum Resident

I listen to in the evenings.
    I live with my elders, have no partner. They give me orders and ask for the things they need, that's my due. But it's better no to have a partner at all than let her give orders.

21. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

Most of the time, I can listen to music in one way or another. But my preferred way, records on a turntable, not nearly as often as I like. Two cats in the house, and they seem to ALWAYS know when I've put on a record. They come in.....start wandering around close the the audio cabinet......give me that look......then start looking up at the table. Then it's back to CD's or an iPod running through the receiver. Oh well, things could be worse!

Mook likes this.
  22. Post-Punk Monk

Post-Punk Monk Seeking divinity in records from '78-'85 or so…

Don't I know it! I was making breakfast on Sunday morning and put on "Taking Tiger Mountain [By Strategy]" and she started singing along with "The True Wheel!" I mentioned that to a friend and he said "marry that woman!" Couldn't argue with that logic!

DME1061 and WithinYourReach like this.
  23. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

You're my hero.

bvb1123 likes this.
  24. DME1061

DME1061 Forum Resident

I love it!

25. talkradio

talkradio Faded Primadonna

Whenever I want, whatever I want. Mancave FTW!

forthlin and Deek57 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.