Paul McCartney Flaming Pie Archive Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jan 2, 2020.

1. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I'm guessing this is the first SDE to have its own chauffeur driven limo!

2. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

Looks like the music video for 'Little Willow' will premiere on YouTube tomorrow:

905, siegel7825, ptijerm and 9 others like this.
  3. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Got this email from uDiscover on 7/24. So far, crickets.

"Steve,

Get excited, your order is almost ready!
    As a reminder, this is scheduled to be shipped on or around July 31, 2020.
    We'll send you a tracking number once your order has shipped."

Dreaddazzman likes this.
  4. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Well I think it's safe to say, Jack's box will be trashed by the end of the week.

Consider the value of the rest of ours increased by that much more.

5. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Now I want a burger and fries. Oh, and their Oreo Cookie Shake. :drool: Thanks a lot. :p

omikron likes this.
  6. Reminds me of a scene from Give My Regards to Broadstreet.

coco77, Ludger and dormouse like this.
  7. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

I got so excited when I saw an email from uDiscover in my in box! Turned out it was only letting me know of other items for sale that they probably can't deliver either. I must admit, the worry is starting to set in.

8. The massive hugely overpriced cash grab self-indulgent I only want the music collectors edition is out for delivery in Seattle from Udiscover.

Eska68 likes this.
  9. Ringmaster_D

Ringmaster_D Surfer of Sound Waves

mikecarrera, colindpratt and omikron like this.
  10. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! :laughup:
    My coffee just went flying out of my mouth!!!!! :hurlleft:

There will NEVER be a post to EQUAL this one! (The sooner we all accept this, the better). :p
    The, the , the . . . SEAT BELT strap! the, the, the "Back Seat of My Car" reference . . . OMG! Jack. HOME RUN! :biglaugh:

Just sensed that "Junior" was too cooped up - sheltered in place, and needed to go "bye-bye" in the car? A trip to the countryside! Jack, you are one great Dad!
    Go to the drive through and get him an ice cream cone complements of "Uncle Sargon"! (I'll give you the coin when you get here). "It's gonna be a Great Day!"

Well, you can't take me with you guys, with me strapped in next to "junior", you'll be yelling, "Don't make me pull over!" (Sargon) - "But . . . his scoop is BIGGER than mine!"

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  11. Jonpd

Jonpd Forum Resident

Deluxe #528 (And 3 LP set) collected from my local record shop on Tuesday, not been able to unpack until today.

Very nicely presented. The Club Sandwich width is smaller than the original and looks squashed compared to the original. I know this is so it will fit into the box but it doesn't look right to my (I have the original).

The Flame is also different to the original.

And I safely found the plectrum.

12. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

Same here. I have never felt this let down by a company i ordered from in the same country before...

udiscover is a terrible and unprofessional place to order from apparently !

Lewisboogie likes this.
  13. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

I'm not confident that even Peter Jackson would be able to make Give My Regards To Broad Street a better film, though. :D:D

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  14. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

I had to like this post just because of the Driving Rain. That album gets so much hate and it's one of my favorite

foxylady, 905, Maseman66 and 5 others like this.
  15. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Well dang, I didn't even know this was a thread. Good work.

It would be interesting to find out how many sets are confirmed trashed too.

Someone on here had a collectors with the cover photo askew. Jack has taken his swimming at the Y earlier today.

16. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I feel like a horrible father. The "twins" are being "smuggled" in the back of a dark truck as we speak. Showing up today sometime.

17. anthony_beat

anthony_beat Forum Resident

Tomorrow

905 and omikron like this.
  18. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Love that "record store" in your house Jack. They may be a thing of the past, but you and your room didn't get the "memo". What an awesome vibe! Nice!

Jack likes this.
  19. Captain Paul

Captain Paul Forum Resident

20. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

If this is the same Little Willow video that's in the deluxe set, saw it yesterday for the first time, and it's frankly crazy. I realise the subject matter is, in a roundabout way, similar to the story behind the song, but to make it in to a music video just seemed baffling to me.

21. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Got a reply finally from Udiscover regarding my non receipt of a July 5th order.

"Hi Gary,

Thanks for your patience. We are looking into this for you and will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible! Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns in the meantime.

Thank you for your patience and support,
    Chris + uMusic Customer Care"

It's taken days to get back to me and they couldn't even give me an answer other than we shall look into it.

22. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

Oof. Not the response you want to see for sure.

colindpratt likes this.
  23. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Today I got my deluxe set and the package is gorgeous. The quality and attention to details are some of the things thst separates this series from most other exeption. Flaming Pie is no exeption -probably one of the most lavish so far. When one consider the prize one also should consider the quality.
    Ok the music is great to-some of the stuff on this album are destined to become listening favorites for a long time

24. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I flew in a split second from an inverted and level matched copy of the 1997 CD and it's a whole lot less noticeable :)

RAJ717 and supermd like this.
  25. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

Given that Jackson isn't a good director to begin with (the documentaries are edited… and I think there are issues with his first one), that wouldn't be raised as a question to begin with.

The problem with Give My Regards To Broad Street, as even Paul admits to in 1986, is that nobody from Fox really came to polish up a script.
    They had a rough outline, a director best known for commercials on telly, and then some good music sequences. There wasn't enough of a story.
    The film didn't match the hype.

So it becomes a collection of good sequences that don't fit together well. This is why I'd love to see Paul talk about his intentions with the film and get the impressions of those working on it.
    One thing that has never been said — even with all the lack of commercial success in the film — is embarrassment about doing it.
    Everyone seems to have had a good time, and it was something they liked doing as a result.

Choba b CCCP and Peter_R like this.