I Must Say...Tidal’s Blowin’ My Mind!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Khorn, May 24, 2020.

1. wallabeing

wallabeing Forum Resident

I really hate that

Brenald79 likes this.
  2. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Any idea how the Tidal app could be using up 22GB of space on my IPhone when I don’t have any downloaded music?

3. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

There was an issue with Spotify years ago, when the app wouldn’t free the space on the phone after deleting a download. Perhaps it’s the same here?

4. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Not sure. Initially it said Tidal was using 38GB, then I deleted all my downloads and it said 22GB.

5. Jesus Jeronimo

Jesus Jeronimo Forum Resident

Spotify needs you to clear your cache, at least in Android and i see that there is a similar option in Tidal as well. Try that and let us know.

J

Billy Infinity likes this.
  6. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Thanks. On the Tidal website it says clearing the cache isn’t available on iOS devices. In the settings there was an option to offload the app to free up storage space. I did this but there was it was still using up 22GB. Finally, I deleted and reinstalled the app which did free up the space.

7. Jesus Jeronimo

Good to know that the problem is solved.

J

8. NapaBob

NapaBob Forum Resident

I have created a fair number of playlists on Tidal. Yesterday I went to play one and was told that the music was no longer available. Today it is. This does not create warm and fuzzy feelings about Tidal.

9. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

That's what happens when you give up your freedom of choice to a multitude of companies which will decide for you what you are going to like.

bever70 likes this.
  10. NapaBob

NapaBob Forum Resident

I still like that I can preview music before I buy the CD, but the bloom is definitely off the rose.

11. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I’ve been having problems with Tidal pausing a song quite frequently. I hit play and it will begin right where it left off. Several songs later, the same thing. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the app, updates are up to date & modem got restarted. Any suggestions? I’m running Windows 10 on my desktop.

12. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Cancelled my Tidal subscription. I’m going back buying CDs and paid DLs. To stream I’ll use the version of Amazon Music that’s included in my Prime membership. It’s practically the same as the paid Amazon Unlimited except it doesn’t include new releases.

13. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I'm pretty much done with Tidal. Twice today the stream dropped out even though I'm home and on WiFi. The first time I had to go into my settings an disable the "Offline Mode" which I hadn't selected in the first place. The second time it just dropped the signal and I had to power off my iPhone 6S to get it back. The service is just not consistent enough to count on the ability to play music when you want to.

14. rodentdog

rodentdog Senior Member

Still loving Tidal. If a song I like isn't on it anymore there are only about 50 million others to choose from. No issues either at home with three Bluesound devices or on two android phones.

audiomixer likes this.
  15. audiomixer

I'm so thankful for your post. I was wondering it was my connections or internet reception, but obviously it's not. I'll be playing an album and it will go into pause; several times.

Bill Mac likes this.
  16. Jesus Jeronimo

I've been a happy customer for 2 months now after 10 years on Spotify. Great value.

J

audiomixer likes this.
  17. Slimwhit33

Slimwhit33 Forum Resident

I've never had an issue in the 3+years I've used Tidal. I'd say it's most certainly an internet availability issue. Stinks that your experience wasn't a good one though.

tyler8 and uffeolby like this.
  18. audiomixer

Well, I've had Tidal since 2015 and have always had great luck. It's only until recently and I have no problem with the internet. It's perplexing...

19. Slimwhit33

Slimwhit33 Forum Resident

Very strange!

20. audiomixer

Indeed.

21. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

Unfortunately in many cases “corporate mentality “ prevails that dictates never revealing if a problem actually exists. This in turn leaves the customers wondering if they might be at fault.
    It’s weaselly and widely practiced by many companies.
    Nothing new and a bummer!

22. JOnny Cox

JOnny Cox Forum Resident

Same here had the 120 day trial, while I’m satisfied some stuff does sound better than Spotify, on my system I can’t justify the £20 a month. That’s without the comparatively slow clunky UI, occasional drop outs and fact it simply drains my iPhone battery way to fast. Spotify runs perfectly for me so going back to it.

Bill Mac and Stereosound like this.
  23. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

After years of good reliability, I too have begun to have signal issues with Tidal. The method that gives me trouble is the app on my TV. It drops the signal randomly, although not frequently.

24. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I just cancelled my Tidal account. More issues today with the streaming signal. I deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone 6. About ten minutes later it lost the signal again even though I'm on WiFi. Not worth the aggravation for $20 a month :rolleyes:!

Brenald79 and Stereosound like this.
  25. audiomixer

Just the opposite for me today. No problems.
    I think it’s internet connection.