THE BEATLES -"GET BACK" film directed by Peter Jackson on Disney+

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sfligio, Jan 30, 2019.

1. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

I hate to say it, but the way this pandemic is going, and the uncertainty of producing an effective vaccine, I have serious doubts that going to theaters to see movies is ever going to be the same; maybe not even commercially viable as theater chains go bankrupt. Even by 2021, I’d be inclined to wait for a DVD/Blu Ray release to watch at home.

2. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

I have to agree.
    “Whatever it is that they’ll sell, we’ll buy it”.

I don’t know how you all here feel about it, but to me the bottom line is to get my hands on the product, anyway.

3. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Don't be so negative, guys. There are various vaccine projects in advanced phases. Surely we'll have one by next year.
    As for theaters, over here in Spain (one of the countries where the pandemic hit hardest) no one dared to release something "big", and then a famous Spanish director/actor brought forward the release of his new movie (the sequel to a previous hit), from October to August, the bet was to take advantage of the lack of competition and the interest of the audience to go back to the cinem. The result has been great, 2 million euros during the first weekend, topping the original movie's opening weekend. It has shown people are ready to go back to the cinema if they are interested in something. The safety measures the theaters are implementing are very reassuring.

I'm sure we will all enjoy Get Back in cinemas next summer.

4. Cristiano Cortellazzi

I’m not particulary negative, I have to say.
    As long as the LIB audio and video material is out, I’m all for it. Whatever it is :righton:

5. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I’ve been looking into migrating to NZ. Seems like a good place to ride out the disintegration of the Empire.

bhazen, Vidiot and googlymoogly like this.
  6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Very, very hard country to emigrate to these days.

bhazen likes this.
  7. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

[​IMG]

ODIrony, on7green, Vidiot and 5 others like this.
  8. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Yes. The last time I looked, though, my profession was near the top of NZ's desired immigrant skill sets. So perhaps there's hope! I would welcome a two week quarantine in a hobbit hole.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  9. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

I hope they are already considering a "Plan C" in case the world is not ready yet for theaters to be fully open in summer of 2021. And hopefully that plan is more than just another delay.

With today's technology, there should be numerous opportunities to release films to the public that doesn't require sitting in a theater. An option to view the film on demand (for a limited time period) should be viable. Even if a theatrical release does occur, there should be this secondary option available. Not everyone is going to be willing to risk sitting in a theater, even if the COVID numbers are getting better by 2021. (Let's face it, first generation Beatles fans are now in the higher risk category due to age alone.) Considering that a large number of films will be dealing with this situation in the coming year, hopefully a system is figured out to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to see movies at the same time even if they can't visit a theater.

Eventually, of course, the film will be available for purchase on disc and streaming services. But it's pretty much a given these releases will be delayed until after a traditional theatrical run is completed.

ted321, soundQman and Floater like this.
  10. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Good point.
    I think they have already spent a good amount of money on this project (among other ones).
    So.. if they want to make some profit out of it.. something’s gonna be arranged.

I would be much more worried if this thing affected this Beatles project alone, but since there’s a whole industry here involved in the same kind of problem, and there’s a lot of million $ at stake here -just think of the latest James Bond or Top Gun movies!- well, they’ll do something, as they cannot hold on forever like this. My two cents

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    gogators1 likes this.
  11. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

Reminds of a project that some film makers were supporting a few years back where you could stream a movie for $50 as soon as they hit theatres.
    Spielberg, J.J. Abrams backing home movie watching service

gogators1 likes this.
  12. damien

damien Forum Resident

13. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Kim Olesen and damien like this.
  14. helter

helter Forum Resident

The Let it Be curse........it’s never coming out guys......maybe after we’re all dead it will be released :nyah:

gogators1 and JCo like this.
  15. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

I hope this quote by Paul from Rolling Stone mag article was captured on film and used in the new movie.

Paul has to chuckle, thinking about how future generations will look back at this,...
    “It’s gonna be such an incredible sort of comical thing, like in 50 years’ time, you know. ‘They broke up because Yoko sat on an amp!’ ”
    Paul wasn’t wrong. Fifty years later, people still obsess over the end of the Beatles.

If it is in the movie we will be entering a strange new world after we see it.[​IMG]

16. A well respected man

Well, Peter Jackson has confirmed that conversation was filmed and it's in the movie!

Goobilee and SunSon like this.
  17. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

He confirms the former but never the latter.

"That includes the moment when Paul pleads that it’s crazy to break up over Yoko sitting on an amp. When I mention that line, Jackson knows exactly the moment I mean. As it turns out, that conversation — long bootlegged on tape — was captured on camera. “We’ve got all that on film,” Jackson says. “I’ll tell you what, that film is powerful. I was aware of the audio — it’s one thing to hear the dialogue — but seeing the emotion on their faces when they’re having that conversation, it’s very powerful.”

18. A well respected man

Ok, that line "we've got that on film" I interpreted as the film they are releasing. English is not my mother tongue, so these things can happen.
    Anyway, I would say he is strongly suggesting he will include that on the film. It would be very pointless to speak so highly of that moment and not include it.

JCo and Goobilee like this.
  19. RayS

In my opinion, he spoke of it because the interviewer brought it up. I think the odds of it appearing in the finished film are close to zero. It would be revisiting old wounds rather than focusing on the fun times, going against the film's entire raison d'etre.

Floater likes this.
  20. A well respected man

I think the "fun approach" talk has been misinterpreted. I don't think Jackson is going to deliver a film completely free of tension or references to the end of the group.
    And also, I don't think that conversation is very negative. It's not a discussion, and Paul is not complaining about Yoko. More like the opposite: he's saying that her sitting on an amp is really not big of a deal, so it would be comical if they end up breaking up because of things like that. I'm sure Yoko likes that line actually.

And that reference to "in 50 years' time" is so appropriate for a 50th anniversary celebration, I don't think Jackson is going to resist putting it in.

Floater, BeSteVenn and Goobilee like this.
  21. RayS

I strongly disagree. Time will tell. :)

22. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

23. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Sadly, after 102 days, cases have been reported putting Auckland into Level 3 and the rest of the country into Level 2. As of the past few weeks, Auckland has now been moved into a Level 2.5. People at home whinging trying to blame the government for the pandemic can be infuriating! Jacinda is doing a fine job handling the crisis.

bhazen, BeSteVenn and ronbow like this.
  24. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Yes, you are lucky to have her. I’d still rather be there than here right now. At least those casting blame aren’t actually in charge!

BeSteVenn, ronbow and FVDnz like this.
  25. Floater

Floater Forum Resident