Woodstock Full Digital Box at HDRt 96/24 $320 Through 8/17

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by moomoomoomoo, Aug 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo Thread Starter

HDT has the Woodstock BIG box (416 tracks) in 96/24 for $320 with code NEWHIRES20 through 8/17

HDtracks

[​IMG]

Shawn and jhm like this.
  2. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Can these be transferred to cd?
    Probably take a year to download as well...lol

longdist01 likes this.
  3. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

Not as is. Would need to dither/downsample to 16 bit / 44.1 kHz.

hutlock likes this.
  4. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Hardly a bargain.

5. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Considering the list price of the CD set was $800 originally and skyrocketed from there (currently asking $2000 U.S. plus most places I've seen) some definitely might consider this a bargain. I think the main thing is that it's "back in print".

6. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Ok I understand that, but isn't the value here in ownership of the physical object, rather than just the music?

longdist01 likes this.
  7. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

I guess that depends on your priorities. I also consider ownership of the music -- and the music itself -- top priority. Everything else is just a vessel...

marcb and longdist01 like this.
  8. moomoomoomoo

I'll take a 96/24 download over physical cd any day. It's about the music for me, not the packaging.

marcb and Tjazz like this.
  9. moomoomoomoo

I just noticed something: No Hendrix. God I despise Janie "Hendrix"

10. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I’ve got the 10 CD version, I was lucky to get it “used” at $65. Plenty enough Woodstock for me in this version.

spotlightkid likes this.
  11. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

To be honest, if it were me, yes, I agree, the physical object would be what I want. That being said a LOT of people were shut out on this one with only 1969 sets being produced, so I'm glad those who just want the music and don't care about the box, book, guitar strap, etc. can obtain the files legally. In other words, since the producers said there was no way they could ever re-release additional physical sets (as it was a condition of the original release), this is much better than nothing.

longdist01 and moomoomoomoo like this.
  12. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Trust me, as a long time Jimi fan, you aren't missing anything. EH was the only camp that wouldn't allow Andy Zax and company to use their new mix in the site. Therefore they were forced to use Eddie Kramer's 1999 mix. The problem with this? One, it's incomplete and two, Zax and co. located lower gen tapes than what EH used in 1999. The true crime is that they didn't allow the new mix to be released and that we'll probably never hear it. One can only hope EH will at least take another crack at this with the lowest gen tapes possible.

longdist01, Spitfire and moomoomoomoo like this.
  13. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

If it was $160, maybe.

14. moomoomoomoo

I wish! The "10 disc equivalent" 3 boxes combined were more than that!

15. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

Was there a physical product though?

16. moomoomoomoo

I don't care about the physical product, I care about the music & the sound quality.

17. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I'd like to see a CD quality download on Qobuz for a reduced price.

Ironclaw likes this.
  18. moomoomoomoo

I'm surprised we got this. I'm still debating whether to bite before the 20% off sale ends; my paycheck is quite late this month.

OATwillie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.