TREMORS (movie series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jason88cubs, Aug 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident Thread Starter

The Tremors franchise consists of a series of American monster comedy-horror films and a spin-off television show, with a plot centered around attacks from a subterranean worm-like creatures known as Graboids. It began in 1990 with the release of Tremors, which spawned a series of direct-to-video films and the titular television series. In 2016, a second television series was ordered to air on Syfy, and a pilot shoot, but was ultimately cancelled.

I am a huge fan of Tremors (1990) and is one of my favorite films of all time. It did nothing n the box office but was a huge success with VCR
    I enjoy Tremors 2 (1996)

Tremors 3 is a fun flick in my opinion

Tremors 4 was pretty dull and 5 and 6 was pretty boring and their is a 7th one coming out this year

I never saw the tv series and i was really looking forward to Kevin Bacon's new Tremors series but that didn't get the green light

I think the first Tremors is just fantastic , well acted, a good solid cast and comedy and horror, so stuff for everyone

Spaghettiows and Mister Charlie like this.
  2. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I was surprised the Bacon series didn’t get picked up.

3. jason88cubs

i think it was money reasons?

here's the trailer

Umbari likes this.
  4. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

The first movie was funny and fun. But that was it. The stuff after the is unwatchable IMO.

Welshman and Jack like this.
  5. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I love the first two films. I didn’t like parts three and four so I stopped.

6. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

We watched Tremors in the mid 90s on tv. Even mom enjoyed it. Good praise on a movie like this.
    Have not seen any of the sequals.

jason88cubs likes this.
  7. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I recently binge watched the first four movies.

1) Great fun!
    2) Enjoyable, but not as good as the first.
    3) I enjoyed the nostalgia aspects - even though it had a lot of weaknesses.
    4) WTF dull. It felt like a cheap sci-fi channel movie.

jason88cubs likes this.
  8. jason88cubs

9. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

The first one is a fun monster/comedy and also a cautionary tale about knowing when to let well enough alone.

10. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

Yeah. I love the first one-a real classic great “bad” movie. It has everything. Great over the top comedic acting. Gotta love Bert. Sort of like “Anaconda”- another great classic “ bad” movie. Voight creates a great cheesy character. I can watch either of these movies over and over.

jason88cubs likes this.
  11. Lenny99

Lenny99 The truth sets you free.

Yes my wife and I loved the first film. The rest of the fell off quit a bit. Of course the rest were without Bacon, but to me there were intertwining. But not near the first.

jason88cubs likes this.
  12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'm a fan of the franchise... looking forward to 7...

That's Mr. Foghat likes this.
  13. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I remember when they were talking about it back when. It looks like from that trailer they made a pilot. Would love to see that.

jason88cubs likes this.
  14. jason88cubs

I enjoy the 2nd one, the 3rd one i like for nostalgia due to it being in Perfection Valley

15. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

I think the first movie is actually one of the finest movies ever made. period. Seriously. It's a great little well made, well written and well acted movie.

I find it interesting that before filming Tremors, Bacon felt he had hit rock bottom. However, apparently during filming everyone had a great time making the movie. Bacon obviously sees the film in a totally different light nowadays and realised it's a huge fan fave.

I also enjoyed 2 and 3 as they stayed rooted more or less. I have all three in one of my few remaining physical media boxsets.

Seeking Perfection: The Unofficial Guide to Tremors is a good read.

cleandan, jason88cubs and Daedalus like this.
  16. Linger63

Linger63 Forum Resident

Ass Blasters rock.......:laugh:

17. Lenny99

Lenny99 The truth sets you free.

Hi:

I think the first movie is a fine film, and a top science fiction movie. However I don’t have it rated as one of my personal bests. That’s reserved for movies such as Casablanca, The Godfather movies one and two, etc.

To be sure I find it difficult to rate the best without categories. I think in terms in genre. The best Sci-fi, best western, etc.

My take on a great movie։ 1) Storyline. This is tops for me. You must have a good story. 2) It must be well written. 3) And well directed. 4) Great acting. It’s surprising how very good acting can carry a movie. 5) Filming...The way the scenes are shot, shading, etc. Not sure the correct titles. 6) background music. And not just good, but the right amount.

But, as it has often been said, “Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder”.

18. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

No. of times I have watched Tremors - 20+

No. of times I have watched Casablanca - 1

No. of times I have watched The Godfather - 1 (maybe all the way through, not sure)

No. of times I have watched The Godfather Pt2 - 1

That's as simple as it gets for me as to what makes a great movie. :winkgrin:

Linus likes this.
  19. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

I also think the first film is terrific, and a classic of the genre. Plus, I think Reba is perfect,
    plus her song over the closing credits is really great.
    But, I always wondered what happened to Finn Carter. She was terrific, and extremely
    attractive. But she really hasn't done much since the early 2000's. A loss...
    [​IMG]

daglesj and That's Mr. Foghat like this.
  20. That's Mr. Foghat

That's Mr. Foghat Forum Resident

21. jason88cubs

‘Tremors’ actress Finn Carter in Las Vegas court on felony charges

22. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Wow! Guess that says it all.

23. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I feel the series with kevin , would been very lacking..
    Michael Gross is the best..

24. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Well yes and no. Anyone know the outcome? Such a shame.

25. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Always felt Bacon and Ward should have done another double act movie. I thought they worked really well together. I love that bit where they are building the fence at the start and Bacon is hammering away and Ward looks at his work and just despairs with a shake of his head like a true handyman/practical guy would.

Ward is highly highly underrated IMO.

Welshman and jason88cubs like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.