Amazon shipping issues

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Derrell Gore, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Derrell Gore

Derrell Gore Forum Resident Thread Starter

If you have received a vinyl album from Amazon that just had a mailing label stuck to the record please either call, chat, or email them and complain. This is just a stupid thing for them.

Here is an email address...let's swarm email them today and get a stop put to this.

[email protected]

I have emailed, chatted and talk to them on the phone today...I am tire crappy service. I am a PRIME member and it is just unacceptable.

JorgeGvb likes this.
  2. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

I heard a story once that they folded or bent an album once, to get it into a box that was too small. That was funny.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I'm floored that someone would do this. It ain't a postcard. :doh:

4. Derrell Gore

So I came across something on the internet that you could email Jeff Bezos at [email protected]. So I did and told him how unhappy I was with what happened. Thursday night my phone rings and it is one of his executive assistants. Talked to them for about an hour and told him all the shipping issues I had had with cd's and records.

Of course he acted like he didn't know any of this stuff happened. But he promised me he would get it fixed and he gave me a $35 gift card and his email to report anything lese that happens directly to him.

5. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Last vinyl I got from them was double boxed. Album mailer inside a larger box.

The [email protected] email addy goes to his executive team. Not sure you will always get a response there. But you did and congrats on that.

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Address labels on the shrink of a record with no box has been happening my entire 10+ years here. Pics are in the archives.

7. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

I've had 3 separate things marked as delivered via Amazon's own delivery service that never showed up. I'm home all the time, and deliveries go inside the porch. Amazon usually resends or issues a refund, but it's not good. Items shipped by other carriers, never a problem.

8. Derrell Gore

Well I am trying something new. I ordered some records from Walmart and I having them delivered to the store for picked. I live about a mile from the store. They have a pretty good selection on website and also other vendors like DeepDiscount & MovieMars and best of all I can return to the store for refund if anything is wrong.

9. Derrell Gore

So I received my replacement album yesterday for the one that was shipping with no packing. This time it is stuffed in my mailbox basically bent in the shape of a U. Only packaging is a plastic envelope bag.

Can't really blame the mail person. It says nothing about what it is on the packaging ...or DO NOT BEND.

That is the last straw....no more records from Amazon ever.

10. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

I have noticed that the shipping method is album specific. So if one record came shipped in a bubble envelop, even if you request a replacement because the first one was damaged, the next one will come again in a bubble envelop. Perhaps certain records are housed only in one warehouse and that warehouse doesn't know how to ship records...

11. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I have ordered dozens of LPs from Amazon and I have only seen this happen once. However, that was one time too many.

12. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Email [email protected]

Tell him your story. If you are lucky one of his executive team will help you out.

Let us know. Good luck!

13. Derrell Gore

I emailed [email protected] again and they did call me back again. Just more apologies and claims that they were fixing the problem. Yadda Yadda Yadda.

So my first purchase with Walmart In Store Pickup arrived yesterday. This was a good experience. Record arrived in Cardboard and no worries that the mail carrier will destroy it. This is what I will be doing from now on. They have just as good a selection as Amazon.

14. Derrell Gore

The record with just a label on it was a different warehouse than the replacement...but I wasn't clear on the replacement. There was no BUBBLE envelope...it was just a thin plastic...more or less a bag.

neubian likes this.
  15. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Sorry to hear that.

I haven't had any problems with Amazon vinyl. On occasion I'll get a broken CD jewel case because they use those flimsy plastic mailers.

I don't set foot on Walmart properties so that's not an option for me. If Target had a similar option I would not go there either as they hacked my credit card a few years ago and I had to get a new account because of it.

16. murphywmm

murphywmm Senior Member

I find it sad that Amazon can mail me a CD from my own city and it will still arrive with a broken case. But I can order a CD from a European mega seller (like Nagiry or Rarewaves) and the case arrives undamaged after being tossed around in the mail for weeks.

ScramMan2 likes this.
  17. Derrell Gore

I don't pay shipping to do the in store pickup which is good. The Walmart is less than a mile from my house.

Target charges shipping and doesn't have in store pickup.

18. Derrell Gore

Well I have no choice but to order from somewhere. There are only 4 stores where I live that have records on the floor...Walmart, Target, Best Buy and Booksamillion. Each one has about the same selection of about 20 records. I could almost name them starting out with Nirvana-Nevermind, Pink Floyd-Dark Side Of The Moon, Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, etc.

It is no wonder these stores never sell anything. All they have is what everybody already owns.

Walmart seems to be my only choice unless I want to pay shipping. My mail carrier is so unreliable that rules out that option.

19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Oh, yeah, you can definitely blame the mailperson. It would take a LOT of effort to bend a record to a U. A LOT. You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows, and you don't need a "do not bend" sticker to know not to fold an LP.

eddiel likes this.
  20. Derrell Gore

You can blame amazon more...With the right packaging they would not have been able to bend it. When it is shipped in a flimsy plastic bag the mail person probably thought it was junk mail.

21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Then the mail person is an idiot. No, just because something is in a plastic bag does not give the delivery person carte blanche to fold, spindle and mutilate the package to fit it into a box.

22. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

You guys order a piece of fragile media from the world's largest warehouses, shipping mountains of plumbing fixtures, baby strollers and cases of Gatorade daily, and expect your vinyl record to be properly packed and delivered with white gloves?

If you're too cheap to order from a real record store, you get what you pay for.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

And try to bend a record in an album sleeve in half. It is NOT easy. I'll bet your mail person was snickering as they accomplished that feat!

24. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I never thought I would have this happen with Amazon Canada, but I just got an LP delivered with a mailing label just stuck on the shrink wrap. Incredible

25. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Nonsense

Crimson King, maellen and zoltan2357 like this.