Fargo FX Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Mar 15, 2014.

1. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

That's a surprise, because I remember reading back in April when it was supposed to appear that they hadn't finished it, and that's why it didn't start when planned. I guess they pulled the rest together one way or another in the interim.

EDIT: went and searched it, they had 8 episodes shot when they shut down in April. I hope they didn't have to compromise the planned story to finish up.

slipkid likes this.
  2. SteveRes

SteveRes Forum Resident

Fargo seasons 1 & 2 are just stellar TV, 3 was decent. I'm a little apprehensive about season 4 as I can't abide Chris Rock. I'll try it, hopefully he'll surprise me.

trd and rufus t firefly like this.
  3. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Published by WYH. Love it!

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  4. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

[​IMG]

5. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I'm excited for the new season. Lot's of scenes shot out near me (35 miles west of Chicago).

Myke and trumpet sounds like this.
  6. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

Bender Rodriguez and slipkid like this.
  7. FritzL

FritzL Adrift & Dumbfounded

Glad you checked that out. I remembered reading that too. Both Wiki and one other site says season will be 11 episodes. Will be interesting to see how they did that.

8. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

Fargo season 4 starts September 27th !

GentleSenator and garrincha like this.
  9. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

10. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

can i go straight to s3 or do i need to rewatch s1 and s2 (which i saw some years back , but have zero recollection of them) ?

11. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

Anybody have any thoughts on the season so far? I watched the first two episodes and decided to wait until the season is over before continuing.

12. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

Excellent! maybe the best season so far

audiomixer and ubiknik like this.
  13. Lukather

Lukather Forum Resident

Pathetically bad show this year, especially the most recent episode which was mostly in black and white, terrible.

spanky1 and GentleSenator like this.
  14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Fargo - Season 4 starring Chris Rock

15. And I’m in the middle, kinda ‘meh’. I still can’t really figure out what the whole point is plot-wise - which gang of fairly despicable characters gets control of some middling city? I just don’t care who gets it.

16. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

17. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

The first 2 seasons were the best but the series has steadily gone downhill since.

Shawn likes this.
  18. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Season 3 has nothing to do with the first two, no need for re-viewing. The third season is quite different than the first two, some whimsical filmmaking and a bit if magic realism too, I like it.

proedros likes this.
  19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

well now, there are some small connections between every season if you're really into the lore. even if it's somewhat haphazardly woven together.

20. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

:unhunh:

21. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I just started binging this. On episode 4. As always it's a slow reveal. Loved the weird speaking nurse... at first.

As usual there's some characters i really dislike and others i love. I should be done with it this next week.

22. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Sure, but I think the member I replied to was concerned with any linear aspects to the overall plot that would need refreshing.

GentleSenator likes this.
  23. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Please share after you've watched the entire series. Interested in your take on this season.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  24. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Okay. Episode 5. Here's what i know. These are the major players. Italian mafia. Black mafia. Funeral owning family with daughter. Lesbian outlaws. Twitchy cop. Mormon Marshall. And killer nurse.

The audio was off this episode. Background noise got louder every now and then for no reason.

Jason Schwartzman is terribly miscast. Chris Rock is pretty good. I enjoy the face to face conversations at the diner between Italian mobster with the burned in circle on his face and Doctor Senator. But i don't love the Italian brother from Italy. He always has this demented Adam Sandler handicapped smile on his face.

Episode 6 tonight.

chacha and EddieMann like this.
  25. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Are any of the previous seasons available for streaming? I can never seem to find them, and I'd like to watch them all again.