New Tom Petty album dropping "Wildflowers - All the Rest"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Brian Gupton, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Fans could've bought the black vinyl version of the same thing. They advertised 1000 clear vinyl limited edition copies as a quick cash grab, then got greedy and made more.

marcb likes this.
  2. supermd

supermd Senior Member

So you're one of the ones who got upset by it. :laugh: Oh boy. What a toxic way to view the situation.

3. No. But I don't appreciate being lied to. I guess you're ok with that :confused:

marcb likes this.
  4. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I'm 100% in for the 5-CD set. This is gonna be great, and is surpassing what many of us hoped to get. Count me as one excited Tom Petty fan!

Sean, Matthew Tate, qtrules and 3 others like this.
  5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Maybe it's because I've had women lie to me, cheat on me, but repressing more clear vinyl doesn't even appear on my radar.

6. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Forum Resident

Unless I've misunderstood what Ryan is saying, it sounds like the CD is going to be less dynamic than the 24 bit download, albeit more dynamic than the original CD. This would be similar to how An American Treasure was delivered. It would be interesting to know if the 24 bit download released a few years ago on Pono is the same mastering to the new one. It really is great sounding, much better than the original CD and would be tough to beat.

7. fourfeathers

fourfeathers Forum Resident

Damn, gotta splurge for the 9LP set to get the studio version of Drivin’ Down To Georgia on vinyl?!?

“Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit” - my bank account just now.

8. Crazysteve

Crazysteve Gonzo Party Member

If you’re buying Tom Petty to resell it a profit, you ain’t a fan. We waited so long for wildflowers to be treated well, I hope they press as many as people will buy. I’m signed up for the seven LP set and if they press 1 million of them I couldn’t give a schiit.

9. I bought from them too but upgraded to first class shipping for $6. I usually do this for big sets

10. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Good move since you’re across the country. I usually get their stuff day before release day.

Paul Getsey, Myke and Mazzy like this.
  11. Hopefully USPS has the shipping disaster cleared up by mid October for this release. I already have an expensive box of records I purchashed on here that hasn't been scanned in over 2 weeks from when it was dropped off.

12. AtlTrav

AtlTrav Forum Resident

I would hold off on these pre-orders. Amazon prices are usually all over the place with box sets. I've seen 20-50% reductions over retail price on many boxes I've bought from them. Not a big Amazon fan, but those are solid deals.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Regarding the extra bucks for the 5th cd, my initial thought was thanks for not forcing the vinyl.

Then, minus $25 or whatever for the book, etc., I only had to rationalize $75.

Doing nothing, spending down on everything (except maybe liquor) since March, it didn’t take long to perform the inevitable.

14. USPS will be a $hitshow until the funding is back in place. Probably not til later this year or next.

15. Myke

You never know with Bull Moose. Sometimes they give me Priority for the standard charge. So now I just go with *free* and see what they do.

ARK, supermd and Mazzy like this.
  16. Like many here I just can’t justify the extra $100 for 1 CD .The packaging really has no value for me personally.Also like probably everyone I would have much preferred the content of the 5th disc to the live disc.Finally financially supporting these ultra deluxe packages only encourages more people to do the same.
    Looking forward to it of course but I will always be casting envious glances at that 5th disc.

17. supermd

supermd Senior Member

This is how I read it as well.

AppleCorp3 likes this.
  18. Yeah but you are closer to them. I am way on the west coast and $6 is n0t much when crossing the country.

Myke likes this.
  19. supermd

supermd Senior Member

If it means more fans get access to a cool item, yes, I am perfectly fine with that.

20. Brian Doherty

Brian Doherty Forum Resident

these threads remind me I'm just NOT SERIOUS about being a record accumulator these days. I mean I'm an adult pro with decent paying job and all that but even buying ONE megaset a year of this sort, as I usually end up doing, I feel like I'm doing my future and my bank account a serious disservice.

21. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident

Does anybody know who mastered the new records? It'd be awesome if Kevin Gray's hands were on this. I'm a little disappointed that none of these versions has my favorite 90s Petty song, also recorded during the Wildflowers sessions: Last Dance for Mary Jane.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

Why wouldn't I get the 24/96....I already have the music on the 5CD's that cost me $150 now I'm supposed to pay extra for the 24/96......
    Either way you only get the 5th disc from WB or the Petty site and no 5th disc download anywhere else....

23. imsjry

imsjry Forum Resident

Had to pull the trigger for the 9lp super edition. No regrets.

Paul Getsey, Buda, A6mzero and 6 others like this.
  24. Myke

Chris Bellman.

Cardanken and KinkySmallFace1991 like this.
  25. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

Warner shipped American Treasure via UPS. We can only hope and pray they do this again for Wildflowers...

Matthew Tate, btltez, Mazzy and 2 others like this.