Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5/2020

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Dec 8, 2019.

1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Another year and much more trailers.
    Getting an anticlimax buzz.

Don’t think much of Cheetah’s look.

Sorry. Covid blues.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    sunspot42 likes this.
  2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

That armor is AMAZING. I love everything about this trailer. Bout time they started leaning into what she can really do.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  3. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Yeah, it's...not great. I'm getting a Cats vibe from it.

[​IMG]

j_rocker and alexpop like this.
  4. alexpop

Ha! Bet the idea was conceived just before Cats the movie flopped. Also.. noticed in the trailer WW love interest Steve Trevor / Chris Pine maybe a tad too goofy. Aside what happened to new order music that was in the original trailer?

sunspot42 likes this.
  5. alexpop

Avengers most dangerous nemesis Thanos, WW gets a pussyycat, meow. :)

6. alexpop

Think actually the Cheetah character from a early DC comic ( 80s). It’s a shame I was all ready thumbsaloft with the first trailer ( Blue Monday in soundtrack). Then the Covid .. delay dampened my enthusiasm for the film.

7. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

Since this will be retro 80s, threre better be lots of T and A , or I anit watching it :D

vinyldreams likes this.
  8. alexpop

All covered up lady getting old.

9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

delayed again......

'Wonder Woman 1984' delayed again, will arrive in theaters Christmas Day

Warner Bros. has once again postponed the release of “Wonder Woman 1984.” The superhero flick starring Gal Gadot will now debut on Christmas Day.

For days, media outlets had speculated that the film would uproot from its Oct. 2 release date for a slot later in the year. The return to movie theaters, led by “Tenet,” hasn’t been quite as robust as the industry had hoped for, with U.S. moviegoers, in particular, hesitant to return to cinemas.

On Sunday, Warner Bros. said “Tenet” had garnered $20 million during its Labor Day weekend debut, but that figure included preview screenings from the four days leading up to its release. Meaning, the film likely only made between $10 million and $12 million over the weekend, according to a report by BoxOffice.com.

Additionally, it is still unclear how many theaters will be open by October. Last weekend, only around 65% of cinemas were operating in the U.S., each with a cap on attendance of between 30% and 50%. Important markets like New York and Los Angeles also remain closed.

“The movement of ‘Wonder Woman’ to December shows that Warner Bros. remains committed to the theatrical experience while simultaneously negotiating the choppy waters of an ever changing and dynamic marketplace,” Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst at Comscore, said.

“Frequent release date changes are now the norm and certainly understandable given the uncertainty the pandemic has placed upon movie theaters and their ability (and capacity) to be open to moviegoers,” he added.

Warner Bros. is no stranger to holiday box office success. “Aquaman,” released in December 2018 garnered more than $1 billion during its run in theaters.

alexpop likes this.
  10. alexpop

Isn’t there another Wonder Woman in preproduction. I’m sure I read there was plans to make two more WW films sorta back to back. This was before Covid though.

11. Deuce66

Nothing scheduled according to IMDB. Gal Gadot will be appearing in the Justice League (2021 TV mini series - in post production) as Wonder Woman and Justice League part two has been announced.

alexpop likes this.
  12. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

No appearance in any upcoming "Fast and Furious" movies? I mean....Han came back in the latest "F&F" movie.

13. alexpop

Gal Gadot? like the commercial she did with Jason Statham.

14. Deuce66

Tech specs for the movie from IMDB

Showing all 9 technical specifications

Runtime 2 hr 31 min (151 min)

Sound Mix Dolby Atmos

Color Color

Aspect Ratio 1.43 : 1 (some scenes: 70mm IMAX)
    1.90 : 1 (some scenes: Digital IMAX)
    2.39 : 1

Camera Arriflex 235, Panavision Primo Lenses
    Arriflex 435, Panavision Primo Lenses
    IMAX MSM 9802, Hasselblad Lenses (some scenes)
    Panavision Panaflex Millennium XL2, Panavision Primo Lenses

Laboratory Company 3 (digital intermediate)
    Negative Format 35 mm (Kodak)
    65 mm (horizontal) (Kodak)

Cinematographic Process Digital Intermediate (4K) (master format)
    Dolby Vision
    IMAX (source format) (some scenes)
    Super 35 (source format)

Printed Film Format 35 mm (anamorphic) (Kodak Vision 2383)
    70 mm (also horizontal) (also IMAX DMR blow-up) (Kodak Vision 2383)
    D-Cinema (also 3-D version)

15. Deuce66

Warner Bros. don't know what to do with WW84 - due to exploding number of Covid cases.

Warner Bros. weighs 'Wonder Woman 1984' release as Covid cases continue to spike
    • Studio execs seem to be torn between a strategy that would see the movie released on Christmas then added to the company’s HBO Max streaming service in January, and a postponement of the theatrical debut until summer 2021.
    • Cinema chains big and small have already warned that they need new content in order to remain open and operational.
    • “Wonder Woman 1984” is easily a billion-dollar grossing box office blockbuster, something that is hard for studio executives to ignore.

PH416156 and sunspot42 like this.
  16. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I think the best case is to delay it completely at least until next summer. It won't help struggling theater chains in the meantime, but it has a better chance of getting seen then if America in particular can get its crap together and a vaccine starts to make its way through the public.

BeatleJWOL, sunspot42 and Deuce66 like this.
  17. Slackhurst Broadcasting

Slackhurst Broadcasting Forum Resident

Not if people won't go to the cinema, and if it underperforms the consequences are potentially disastrous for Warners, for DC Comics (already facing an uncertain future - they had another round of firings this week, including one of their two editors-in-chief), for a lot of people's careers.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  18. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Covid is getting worse by the hour and will be in full swing by Xmas. They better postpone this until 2021

sunspot42 likes this.
  19. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

We'll be hitting the peak of cases and deaths in North America a couple of weeks before Xmas is my guess, given Thanksgiving travel. Half the population won't be willing to step foot in a theater as the bodies start to pile up in refrigerated trucks. If they release it at Xmas it's gonna bomb.

I wonder if they've considered cutting their losses and just dropping it on network TV at Xmas, maybe with some kind of exclusivity deal and single-client sponsorship? I wonder if they could at least make back the production costs that way. Sucks, but if the film is good at least it would serve as promotional material for the next, post-COVID Wonder Woman flick...

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  20. Deuce66

It's a $200 million movie + promo costs, there's isn't a network on Earth that would be willing to cover that kind of $$$$. I predict they'll push this to late summer 2021.

Stormrider77 and PH416156 like this.
  21. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Agreed. There won't be another Tenet and no other studio is going to gamble like Warner Bros and Nolan did.

Without a vaccine and as long as COVID keeps on spreading, theaters will suffer and will collect pennies only, relying just on B or C rate films or old hits.

22. alexpop

Good time to invest in a quality TV.

23. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Will there be any theaters left to run it in by late summer, 2021?

Maybe it's time to spin up a big budget Wonder Woman TV series and use this as the pilot...

24. Deuce66

That's the multi billion dollar question, if you believe the major chains they have maybe 6-8 months of capital reserves to keep themselves alive. We'll know the answer in 12 months for sure.

25. Deuce66

They went with a theatre release on Christmas + HBO Max.

'Wonder Woman 1984' will debut in theaters and on HBO Max this Christmas
    • On Wednesday, HBO Max announced that “Wonder Woman 1984” would arrive on its streaming service on Dec. 25, the same day it hits theaters
    • The decision to keep “Wonder Woman 1984” on the 2020 calendar will allow theater chains to make a profit off ticket sales and also drive subscriber sign-ups to HBO Max.

musicfan37 and Quadboy like this.