Target Exclusive LP clearance

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

All $24.99 here, across ALL the Nashville and area stores. :buttkick:

2. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

That's too bad. It's a decent comp, albeit with a strange track order.

Myke likes this.
  3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

It's for the best. I'm already indebted for 2 future Dylan 2 X 45s and the 9 album Tom Petty set. And the Doobies Quadio box. And Duane Allman's last show, and...:help:

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  4. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Did you try the clearance end cap? That's where I found some.

hutlock likes this.
  5. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

try asking the clerks in the electronics department. They may know where the clearance pile is located in the store.

mur likes this.
  6. CWillman

CWillman Senior Member

I had a day full of finding that reports of these in stores conflicts with the reality. San Dimas, CA was the one store that indicated having multiple sale titles I was looking for, including the Billie Eilish and Sinatra. They had none of them... pretty much just a James Taylor and "Born in the USA" when I finally located their closeout end rack (waited 20 minutes for them to check in the back, in vain). Drove to Azusa, where the system said they had an "Abba Gold." No sign of that and no sign of a closeout rack (or of a clerk in electronics to tell me if I was missing it). There was one closeout album in the normal vinyl racks, Maren Morris at half-price, which I bought. Anyway... hope everyone else has better luck with the electronic search matching the results.

7. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I drove out to a store 40 minutes away beciaee they said they had stock of the one more album I was looking for for my daughter. It was the only store showing that it was on sale. Of course when I get to the store there were none to be found. The clerk said once they go on clearance the inventory gets a bit wonky. No kidding.

8. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

I also struck out at a store where the app indicated a 70% discount on an LP and the Target site indicated that same LP was in “Limited Stock.” These types of alerts are always welcome, though; thanks to the OP!

mur and GentleSenator like this.
  9. Tjazz

I remember when the Beatles 45 w/T-shirts were being cleared out, I would call the Target store and have someone check to see if it was on the shelf and HOLD it for me. (to avoid traveling to a store and not finding the item)

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i'm so mesmerized by this brickseek site and thrilled by the pile of records i was able to get that i signed up for a premium membership so i can monitor discounts for a month.

kouzie likes this.
  11. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

I don’t see where I can find the deals on brickseek. Can anyone help out?

12. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

The link in the first post doesn’t work for you?

13. hype

hype Forum Resident

https://brickseek.com/products/?search=target exclusive vinyl

That should be most of what's on sale. There's a few others but you'll have to manually search any others you're curious about.

All they had from brickseek at my local was Meatloaf but once I got there they didn't even have that and the employee said he's pretty sure that was never in the clearance there. They did have 1 copy of CCR for $16 that didn't come up in brickseek but there was some damage so I just left it. Nice to see people getting some nice scores though!

14. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

yeah i cant recall when they moved to premium but it used to be free and you could check a large amount of stores not just those within a certain mile radius.
    i would pay but its just so hit or miss for me especially walmarts....but at christmas if you want that hot toy for the kids brickseek can be a wonderful tool.

GentleSenator likes this.
  15. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I stopped by Target today and the few it had marked as Clearance were things like Ultimate Sinatra marked down from $34.99 to...hold your hat...$27.99.

hutlock likes this.
  16. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Brickseek shows everything at full price when I follow the link in the thread. Am I doing something wrong here?

17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

nope. that just means no soup for you.

SJP likes this.
  18. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Darn, I was hoping to find some good deals on Campbell’s, too ;)

19. JJ Dooms

JJ Dooms New Member

The few LPs they had at the Target near us were full price: between $21.99 - $46.99 for double LPs like the Beatles White Album

20. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

There was only one LP with a clearance sticker on it at the Target I stopped at on Saturday (Twenty One Pilots), but they had a bunch of other ones that other Forumites have reported finding on sale. I grabbed a few and took them to the price scanner and the only one that came up at half price was Born In The USA. I don’t currently own a copy of it at all, so I grabbed it. It was weird that it wasn’t marked though.

The Elephant Man and superstar19 like this.
  21. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

They missed tagging some LPs that were discounted (when I scanned them) and then I found two LPs that were tagged but really weren't on sale. Some albums were on the clearance endcaps and others were just mixed in with the full-priced albums. Very hit and miss.

DailyHiFi and hutlock like this.
  22. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, even the one that did have the clearance sticker was on the regular rack. Nothing on any end caps or anywhere else. Sigh.

DailyHiFi and The Elephant Man like this.
  23. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I price checked the full-price ones I might be interested in and which I'd seen mentioned here as discounted. They all came up full-price.

The Target I checked last weekend was not close to my house; I just happened to be in the area. There are a number of Targets near me. I may check the two within a mile or so of me, but I'm not expecting much.

DailyHiFi likes this.
  24. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

Honestly, I think most of the stuff that was marked down in major metro areas has been purchased because this sale was crossposted on the VinylDeals subreddit. So it got a lot of eyeballs and that was like two weeks ago.

I lucked out and saw the post here the night before it migrated to reddit and was able to clean out the Phoenix area. Once it hit reddit I watched all of the stuff I left get bought up.

I'm not saying their aren't clearance deals still out there, but at this point I wouldn't drive out of the way to just look for clearance LPs. But if you stop in for something else I still think it might be worth scanning the records.

Hope you find something good!

Tjazz likes this.
  25. Tjazz

Good thing I didn't shop in Phoenix. :laugh:

I never found;
    Billie Eilish
    Evanescence
    Abba
    Nirvana : Nevermind

DailyHiFi likes this.