Barnes & Noble 50% Off Vinyl Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Vinyljunkie22, Aug 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

At this moment in time I do not know. It's been ongoing since the day after Christmas. Originally it was supposed to finish in April of this year. The sale was originally so successful that they changed it from 50% to 25%. In our store as soon as they made that change business abruptly came to a halt! If I see anything upcoming I'll post it - although they kept the move back up to 50% with additional titles added close to their chest.

2. Isitquiex

Isitquiex Forum Resident

thanks for the heads-up on this sale! I went to 3 stores and recognized some of the inventory from last sale's offerings - but like last year, each store had unique titles that others didn't have. I picked up Wes Montgomery's Boss Guitar, Laurie Anderson's Landfall, Mickey Hart's Planet Drum, Cassandra Wilson's Coming Forth by Day, and The Band's Moondog Matinee

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  3. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Just looked at projects to do at the B&N store I work at - it has instructions to resticker all the vinyl in the sale from 50% to 25% off. Make sure if there is anything you want in the sale to get it before the 1st!

4. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Thanks for the heads-up. What if you ordered something last week and having it manifested to the store, will they honor the 50% from when it was ordered?

Jspmike likes this.
  5. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

It would be up to the store manager but there is a possibility that they would just honor the 25%. If you have already had something manifested and it is on its way there is a very good chance that your store will receive it by the 1st. Most albums I've ordered have arrived in store within a week.

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  6. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Should just mention that the sale changes to 25% on the 1st September! Now typing this on my computer rather than my phone so the word "September" does not magically disappear! I'd suggest that if anybody wants to order anything else from the sale that they phone up the store that has the vinyl and pay for it over the phone - whilst I am getting most records I've had manifested within the space of a week there have been those odd couple which have taken longer.

davers, superstar19 and MerseyBeatle like this.
  7. MerseyBeatle

Thanks. It was the manager who did the manifest, so hopefully he’ll honor the 50% if it’s not in by Sept. 1.

Jspmike likes this.
  8. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

Thanks, Mike. There are still a few on my "possibles" list so I will act quickly.

Jspmike likes this.
  9. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Two more records I'd had manifested came in today -

Sigur Ros - Kveikur $12.99
    Chris Cornell - Higher Truth $17.49

I believe that I'm just waiting for one more to arrive - hoping it gets here before September 1st!

Barnes & Noble are having a vinyl weekend starting September 4th. I believe all records will be 10% off - membership should stack on top of that!

Davidmk5 and superstar19 like this.
  10. MerseyBeatle

My last manifested record came in today and the dolt that packed it must have never heard of a vinyl LP as the corners were bent. They said they would try to find another one, but I know there aren’t many, if any at all, left in the supply chain. And if there are, then may not get here by 9/1. So, I accepted the additional 10% off and left with my record. The vinyl is just fine and plays perfectly, so I’m happy.

Maranatha5585 and Jspmike like this.
  11. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I'm glad the vinyl is in one piece. Shame that the cover doesn't look so great. I always die a little inside when I see a beat up cover...

hutlock and MerseyBeatle like this.
  12. Vinyljunkie22

Vinyljunkie22 Forum Resident Thread Starter

So after hours and hours of browsing online, contemplating what to get, and talking on the phone with the store I manifested 2 records and a book from 3 different stores all over the country. Found 3 things on my list. The records arrived 2 weeks ago and they were holding them while I was patiently waiting for the book wondering if it's sitting in a USPS warehouse somewhere. The book finally arrived yesterday. I make the 10 mile drive down and call the store to do the Curbside pickup.

Surprise #1: Sir, the book is $15 more than what it was online...

Surprise #2: Sir, I can't find your records, you never came and picked them up, let me go see if I can find them...

Surprise #3: Sir, the records aren't 50% off, the sticker only says 25% off...

At this point heartrate and blood pressure rapidly increasing....:realmad::rant:

Long story short, the store sent the wrong book but they honored the online price. They found the records on the shelf. They had the wrong stickers on the records. Paid over the phone and picked up the bag curbside. They scared the crap out of me 3 times but it was a happy ending. :love:

hutlock, Davidmk5 and Jspmike like this.
  13. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

So glad it was a happy ending! It can be really hit or miss sometimes with the people you are dealing with! On the whole I've found people at other stores really helpful but there's that one or two... I've had a couple of people insist that no Barnes & Noble will manifest vinyl! It's kind of ridiculous when I'm an employee who has manifested a LOT of vinyl from all over the country for myself and customers!

14. Vinyljunkie22

I got the cake and ate it too so I have no complaints. Considering they didn't charge me the shipping fees for everything you guys really came through. I'm assuming not many people use it so that's why they don't charge....yet

superstar19 and Jspmike like this.
  15. dee

dee Senior Member

I made so many trips to so many stores last time around lol I still have car lag even though I didn't have to go too far! Was lots of fun.
    Maybe time to open that Springsteen 4LP Hammersmith Odeon concert and some other Bowie and Hendrix titles I haven't listened to yet (my own RSD courtesy of B&N). Last week it was the Grundman etched Hendrix title Both Sides of The Same Sky 2LP set and the general sound and the pressing on that one was excellent imo.

Jspmike and Tjazz like this.
  16. Vinyljunkie22

Just picked up The Doors - 13 in the exclusive blue and white swirl color and got 10% off too. Looks and sounds great. Barnes and Noble has really been hitting the mark lately!

17. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

half off plus 10% ? or just 10%?

18. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

It's a brand new release so should just be the 10%. At least my copy was only 10% off.

Tjazz and Jspmike like this.
  19. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

thanks was confused since it was in the half off thread. i know theyre doing a 10% vinyl weekend thing

superstar19 likes this.
  20. Vinyljunkie22

The half off deal is over but now it's 10% Off all Curbside Pickup orders with code: PICKUP

hutlock and superstar19 like this.
  21. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

So about three weeks ago a made a request to ship David Bowie - Who Can I Be Now vinyl set from a Florida store up to my local B&N for the 50% off deal. Well today I got the call that it had arrived and since the 50% off sale is over I figured I was out of luck. However the good people at the store gave me the 50% off and also the additional 10% for being a member. So I am quite happy...kudos to B&N for that.

22. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Nice! That’s great!

23. davers

davers Forum Resident

Fantastic! I'm guessing that dropped it into the $150 price range? I got the "New Career..." and "Loving The Alien" boxes for half off at my local during the prior sale but that extra 10% was a nice gesture on their part!

24. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

It made it $112 before tax.

davers, Jspmike and oldjollymon like this.
  25. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Thats quite the result! Really happy for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.