Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Interesting observations. Clearly the early bird gets the worm in the Blowout Bin but I've never seen a price switch. However, when an item sells out and DD gets around to updating in their system, the price will revert to the previous regular price and reflect "backorder". It isn't that they jacked the price up on you. It's that you aren't getting the item because it is no longer in stock. Otherwise, I don't see random price fluctuations like we do on Amazon.

2. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Well, I think that I can speak for everyone here, thank you for your full price purchases. :winkgrin:

3. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

Helpful insights, SJP. Thank you. I did have one interesting situation where I placed an order for a number of items including two copies of one title. After the order was vouchered out the two copies were cancelled even though the item was still in stock. Later on I reordered only one copy of the same album and so far it hasn’t been cancelled. Hence, your point that we are likely dealing with finite sale copies, not price fluctuations.

hutlock, Juggsnelson and SJP like this.
  4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

That’s been my experience too. I think things only get to the Bin in the first place if they are:

1) WAAAAAAAAY overstocked (see Frozen II, Madonna, Trolls, etc) and they need to clear some out

2) they have 5 or fewer left on a title that is either OOP or soon to be deleted by the label, or at least outside of the return window to send them back to the manufacturer. And so again, they want to get rid of them because they are no longer returnable for them anyway

I suspect when you look at the contents of the Bin that we say far more from category 2 than we do from category 1.

5. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

This is odd. I just received a shipping notice for something I received a cancelation notice for just after one of my orders went in.

6. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

I picked it up as well. Looks like a great set. I’ve always been an on/off fan of his, glad he has this nice comp.
    Still haven’t got any yet? I had my three orders by Monday, crazily.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    superstar19 and Juggsnelson like this.
  7. 3Dman

Pretty positive DD experience this time around, other than the few cancellations. Super fast delivery, and a lot of colored vinyl that wasn’t advertised as such.

Only hiccup was Blo’s ‘Phase IV’ showed up on cd instead of vinyl. It has a bonus track, I can live with it.

superstar19, Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  8. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Yeah they shipped FAST this time out. I got a few orders yesterday and a couple more today. All were packed extremely well and they arrived in great shape.

9. rubberhead

rubberhead You could pay as little as $5 per treatment*

I'm far from a major city so I expect any mail to take longer. Out of my five orders originating in Pittsburgh three have arrived in Mass., one has been recorded at its penultimate stop in Albany and the last appears to be camping out by Heinz Field. Everything will unfold on schedule, like the universe.

superstar19 and 3Dman like this.
  10. hutlock

Mine too. The 18 pound box that came yesterday was VERY well packed—large outer box filled with air pillows on top, then what has to be the World’s Largest Whiplash mailer form-fitted in the box and taped shut as well, with everything safe and sound inside of it. I usually try not to order THAT many records at once because they tend to get dropped and dinged if the boxes are really heavy, but this worked out really well.

11. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I cringed a bit when I saw "30 LP mailer" on the side of a couple boxes but they didn't pack that many in there. They did a great job.

12. 3Dman

Well, I mean, Pittsburgh. Say no more.

13. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

The soundtrack from Man in the Camo Jacket, the Mike Peters documentary, is also out there for $5.79. It includes a few live tracks and different versions of Alarm songs.

Mike Peters Man In The Camo Jacket on DeepDiscount

14. blewmaearsout

blewmaearsout Forum Resident

Interesting -- just noticed an email indicating a pair of LPs cancelled a couple of days ago were now being shipped. Given that each was from a different order, it might be too much to hope they were put in the same mailer so as to reduce postage costs.

Juggsnelson and superstar19 like this.
  15. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Same here. A David Bowie 7" 45 was canceled/refunded. Now an email with shipping info.

16. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Oh no. Now there refund is off again. Missing the state sales tax. (but the 15% was deducted correctly)

17. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

surprised still not a peep from my popmarket orders on items DD cancelled.

TerpStation likes this.
  18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

PopMarket Devo albums arrived today. Those were glorious deals!

19. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Oh, that's bad: They never sent me any kind of confirmation email.

No, that's good: The box still arrives five days after ordering.

20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

dammit, i forgot to get those!

latheofheaven likes this.
  21. samwise

samwise Forum Resident

Received my shipment today and pleased with packaging and how everything was packed. Adam's House Cat was unadvertised color vinyl which was a nice surprise. Time to get spinning.

hutlock and Juggsnelson like this.
  22. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Just got a ship confirmation from Popmarket on the one item that did not ship initially from my order of stuff not available from DD, Wings Over America, which I ordered from them 3 days after DD cancelled it. Now all I need is to get a shipping confirmation from DD!

23. hutlock

Nice!!!

latheofheaven and allbrosca like this.
  24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

odd! was it still a good deal, or was it normal price on the other site?

latheofheaven likes this.
  25. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I got the Dickey Betts live double LP for $12 and it's over $20 now, so prices do fluctuate.

I made my order before the 15% discount appeared, but half the titles I was able to get (Todd Rundgren, Knickerbockers, the Alarm double, Little Village, Thalia Zedek, Bill Haley) disappeared fast, so no regrets.

superstar19, Juggsnelson and SJP like this.