Amazon shipping issues

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Derrell Gore, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I'm not going to *Like* that @Dennis Metz , but it is exactly why I stopped buying vinyl from them a very, very long time ago.

3. Dennis Metz

I’ve purchased thousands of LPs and CDs from Amazon over the years and this is a first.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

When those types of photos started appearing here nearly 10 years ago is when I stopped. Life already has enough PITA, receiving my entertainment shouldn't be one of them.

5. Derrell Gore

Derrell Gore Forum Resident Thread Starter

...and they just told me last week twice...this would never happen again....all their distribution centers had been told not to do this again...right!!!

6. Derrell Gore

Please email [email protected]...and bitch about it....you will at least get a $35 gift card.

ScramMan2 likes this.
  7. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I think you can avoid this by marking as a gift.

I noticed at least one bent corner in your photo. Any other damage?

8. Dennis Metz

Other than some creasing on the sleeve it was okay. I’m used to Amazon over packing LPs

eddiel likes this.
  9. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

You got lucky! Here is the latest on using the email [email protected]:

Seller emails sent to Jeff Bezos at [email protected] are not read or acted upon as a matter of Amazon policy. The seller emails are used to create tickets for seller support. Sellers escalated issues just get ping ponged back to seller support.

Once seller support case is created from the email, an official looking person with the title “executive relations” will be assigned to the case. The title is nothing more than a title used to make the case look official and as if it has been escalated to Jeff’s team. Very deceptive on the part of Amazon. Sellers are mislead daily by this Amazon “inside trick”. The “executive relations” person is just a low level line manager, within seller support, who is the “boss” of the “person” originally on your case. Don’t be fooled in the future by the title “executive relations” and know your email sent to Bezos has just been bounced back to seller support to handle. Seller will continued to encounter the endless loop of “non-seller” support and having to explain the same details multiple times.

The info addresses seller issues, I would think that buyer issues are handled in the same fashion. Jeff doesn't see a thing.

zoltan2357 likes this.
  10. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

I just had an unusually quick refund from Amazon. I got a CD that had a crack in the jewel case, nothing unusual about that the way they pack in a flimsy bubble mailer. I started a return, and chose to drop at a local Whole Foods. Instead of the usual ship back to Amazon label they gave me a QR code and I took a picture of the code and gave it to the clerk at the drop, unpacked. She scanned the code. I got an email that they had accepted the return and gave me the full refund at that time. Nice not having to wait a week until they got around to it.

11. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

@ScramMan2,

Yes, agreed x2 that the Whole Foods dropoff for Amazon returns reduces the friction in what is a less-than-pleasant task.

Nice innovation on the part of the big A.

12. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

You can also use Kohl's for the same thing if you have one of those near you.

13. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

Maybe I knew that (Whole Foods = way more convenient to me), but thanks for the reminder about Kohl's too.

ScramMan2 likes this.
  14. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I received an LP this week in a different type of mailer for Amazon than I have received over the last couple years. This one is a rather cheap and thin, so the LP sleeve has multiple creases. I am rather disappointed. I am debating asking for a discount or sending it back. No faith in asking for a replacement, since they will likely use the same type of mailer.

15. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Send it back as damaged and get a refund.

JorgeGvb likes this.
  16. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

17. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Doesn't matter to me who saw it. When I had an issue as a seller I sent it to the jeff address and it got handled, which was not the case when I tried the phone tree.

ScramMan2 likes this.
  18. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Amazon has been absolutely horrible over the past few months. Their own delivery service is particularly bad. I've had items recently disappear apparently before they even leave the warehouse. I'm doing everything I can these days to wean myself off of depending on Amazon for anything at all.

sharedon and Spitfire like this.
  19. justice0_14

justice0_14 Active Member

I buy tons of vinyl and box sets all the time and if they are not in the original packaging from the record company(original shipping boxes) back they go,only happened a few times and i always leave a note inside the return to smarten up with their shipping.

20. Dr Rocks

Dr Rocks New Member

I noticed this thread started last summer, so if anyone reads this, Amazon still hasn't changed their shipping method. I just received a 3 disc album containing 3 180 gram records, in nothing but a thin plastic bag. Not even bubble wrap. Of course all corners are mashed. I could even see the shape of the records had worn through the bag, which is something we've all seen happen to record covers before (after 30 years!) It shows a complete lack of respect, almost contempt, for the very basic needs/expectations of the customer. It's so completely unacceptable.

21. maellen

maellen Nasi Lemak

Can't believe the same happened to me for my latest vinyl purchase with Amazon UK. Normal paper envelope was used instead of the usual hard cardboard sleeve.

Is this their way forward for vinyl shipment?

22. KazJY

KazJY Well-Known Member

I have been getting LPs in those cardboard shippers, but inside one of those white plastic bag-type mailers (the ones that come filthy because they attract every speck of dirt and dust they are near).

I've heard of people getting their Amazon account suspended because of constant returns, but I am not working on a good ratio lately.

I ordered the Mr. Big Lean Into It 30th Anniversary CD. It comes in the cardboard digipak, and there's a 2" deep scratch on the front of it. I exchange it for another, and the next one comes with almost an identical scar. Who is doing this?

I just ordered the No Time to Die soundtrack on CD - one corner of the cardboard digipak was rounded, and I thought "ok, I'll be ok with this... nothing is mint anymore anyhow" and the plastic tray that the CD sat in on the inside was shattered.

The UPS store near me must have thought I gave up on Iron Maiden, I had to return so many of the new album (and CD - I bought both formats for this). But get THIS - I came home from work, and the Amazon truck was right in front of my house. It's raining out. So, I pull up RIGHT next to the van so I could just intercept the package and save him a trip. The guy comes out, walks in between my car and his van with my packages shielding his head from the rain. I had no chance of stopping him. I see him walk up to my porch, fling the box with the LPs and the CD onto my porch from 8' away and run back into his van. I gave him poor feedback (you get an email / mobile notice asking to rate the delivery), but I don't know if it even mattered.

I gave up on ordering books entirely. I think I'll still buy (other) stuff, but it's such a waste when all this stuff is just mis-packed or mis-handled.

23. maxbe

maxbe Active Member

Amazon shipping sometimes goes wrong. Amazon tries its best to reach the right product to the customers but the delivery man missed it.

24. Derrell Gore

I just bought The Beatles White Album 4 vinyl set from Walmart store.

Side 1 skipped thruout. I took it back and was going to get a refund. They told me they could not refund due to copyright whatever that means!

They did exchange…not sure what difference was to them. They still got the bad set back.

Will not be buying from there agan.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  25. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Anybody hear about an Amazon workers’ strike Black Friday?