Amazon Feedback

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Jack White, Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member Thread Starter

This type of email is a routine thing that Amazon facilitates and encourages.

2. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Not true. Amazon discourages contact for feedback. It is against their rules.

3. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member Thread Starter

This actually isn't a recent thing. In the past (end of last year?) I purchased something on Amazon through a marketplace seller. After the estimated delivery time had expired I started to get requests for feedback. (Which I filled it out just to stop the emails.) Someone told me that the same thing happened to him. He explained that Amazon doesn't send out requests for feedback when the customer purchases something from them directly, but when the purchase is from a marketplace seller the customer will get these requests for feedback, because Amazon wants feedback for these sellers. Look at post 23 on the first page of this thread. Someone in the UK just got a similar email. As I wrote before, these emails are sent through Amazon's email system with Amazon's name (logo) at the top of the request. Amazon knows exactly what's going on. It doesn't seem like they're discouraging contact for feedback.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  4. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Become a seller on Amazon and discover all their rules. And how much their take on a sale is.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  5. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

If you're in Berkshire UK that may be the case there, but I got two Amazon Marketplace orders this week in the US and neither one included the customer's phone number or direct email address.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Eric_Generic likes this.
  6. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

I got another one of these just now, from amazon concerning a third-party FBA purchase last week...

"Seller [...] requests you to share your experience for your recent order with other Amazon shoppers. Please take a moment to review your recent Amazon purchase."

Just below, I noticed this:

"If you don't want to receive requests for reviews from sellers in Amazon stores, please unsubscribe here. "

So you can opt out of these requests. I may do that myself.

EG.

7. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Not related to feedback but a few hours ago I had an attempted log in to my Amazon account from Columbia. I contacted Customer Service and my account is OK since they did not get in (trying to log in from an Xbox which we do not even have). I changed our password anyway.

8. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I've read amazon does not mind a follow-up and request for feedback (through message, not a phone call). One simple message is not against their rules as they take it the seller is simply concerned and wants the buyer to enjoy their purchase. If the seller tries to use this info for marketing their own website and selling another product then it is off-limits.

I actually harvested a list of hundreds of buyers names, addresses, and email addresses who bought from me on ebay. And I had planned to do a mass mailing to have them look at my offerings on another site with a "free shipping" coupon. But I decided to do something different, and that is put a coupon into the LP sent out that was sold on Amazon or eBay with the offer and website address.

I still think this is the best way. Make a sale on ebay or amazon, and inside the package include - with their invoice, a flyer all about your Discogs store, and $5.00 worth of free shipping on the first purchase. My problem is I hate the work to sell on ebay. My Amazon sales are too few and far between at this point. And I am no longer chasing sales all over the internet. I'm getting to the point where the whole thing needs to take care of itself. The only work I want to do about now is go in and lower prices every 4 to 8 months. Cancel all the listings and relaunch with new prices. I'm getting fussy, I don't want to list any CDs lower than $6.99, and no LPs lower than $9.99. It's just now worth it when I have other (higher-end) stock I can spend the time working on.

ScramMan2 and Eric_Generic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.