Online Stores for Record Store Day 2020 Drops?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Madness, Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear." Thread Starter

Comeback Vinyl email says they'll have some releases, and Discogs says hey put them on your want list and check back. Sounds like 1 pm Eastern on August 29th is the magic time and date. What on line stores have you seen will be offering releases?

2. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I’ve seen brick and mortar stores announcing web site drops for unsold items. Newbury Comics at 1 pm Saturday and Bull Moose at noon Sunday.

3. Madness

Yeah I need to get on line on time and be fast; one site says only 30 copies of The Black Crowes Lions, and a handful of copies of Judas Priest British Steel. I can't count on leftovers.

4. Well I’ve about given up on Amoeba. They didn’t have the server capacity for all the online orders and crashed. I was in doing my shopping for,other stuff and as soon as 10am rolled around, they crashed. Sucked because I want only *1* item the Roxy Music remix on vinyl. That’s it. If they are goi g to transition to RSD online for,those where things are closed, this is a poor first showing.

5. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

I just ordered from Newbury Comics successfully. I got a weird error message the first time I checked out, saying that there was no shipping to my address, but I just changed "Street" to "St" and tried again and it worked.

wayneklein likes this.
  6. Madness

I was able to order The Black Crowes Lions, Judas Priest British Steel, Dio Annica, Motorhead Ace of Spades, and Lennon Instant Karma. Successful on line experience! Back at it again next month!

Boomy likes this.
  7. Who did you order from? Just curious.

8. So Amoeba clearly didn’t plan this very well. Tried through out the day and still wasn’t able
    To get completely through the check out process. I would get to adding the item to my cart then pay via PayPal and whose it’s like it never happened as I get taken back to Amoebas website with another 504 error code. If you are planning to sell online for RSD this is. Or how to do it

9. Madness

The Black Crowes I got from Comeback Vinyl, the others from Toad Hall Books and Records.

wayneklein likes this.
  10. Madness

Toad Hall already boxed it up and sent me a tracking number.

uzn007 likes this.
  11. Wow. Talk about customer service!

Madness likes this.
  12. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Bull Moose put out a tweet tonight saying that items are going up at 8 AM. Rise and shine!

13. Isamet

Isamet Forum Resident

Also add the website "Luna: They go live at 1 pm Saturday which I assume is the time all online websites go live

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.