DCC Archive DCC's "Court & Spark" is superb...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Matt, Sep 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

still enjoying my copy after all these years! it's great...

Sean, tug_of_war and Crimson Witch like this.
  2. Michael

what a line-up, eh?

Crimson Witch likes this.
  3. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

Including :
    Wayne "Stone-for-a-Minute" Perkins.

Michael likes this.
  4. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

This album has sentimental significance for me because my wife gave me a copy of the LP when we were dating. Steve’s remaster is fantastic, it’s probably my favorite DCC release. It’s my first choice when I want to listen to Court and Spark.

This CD is also special because this is one of those DCCs that I found used in a thrift store for $3.00. Score! Knowing how it sounds, if I didn’t own it now I’d be willing to pay market price to get a copy.

5. Michael

: )

Crimson Witch likes this.
  6. Ricksiri

Ricksiri Well-Known Member

7. WHMusical

WHMusical Chameleon Comedian Corinthian & Caricature

I owned 2 copies of this most amazing DCC Gold CD. Amazing for our host's superb mastering job and even more so for the timeless, classic, musical magic Joni made with these session men. (Court and Spark also happens to my wife's favorite Joni album and the only record (Nautilus pressing) she brought to our marriage.) Sadly, one of my 2 copies cracked on the inside of the Cd due to the lift-lock jewel cases DCC used and operator error upon a friend's part, whom I loaned it to... I still kept the cracked Cd for over ten years before finally letting it go in the trash (full funeral respects on display) because it would'n't ever play through again. I kept the finely-embossed cover art though as a back up...

The DCC of Court and Spark is hands down one of the best, most amazing sounding Cds in my considerable collection.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    crazysurf likes this.
  8. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I recently scored this DCC disc. One odd thing is that the back of the tray card (showing underneath where the disc lays) is white. Aren't the back of all DCC tray cards black??

9. FLEMKE

FLEMKE Senior Member

I hope this tread dies out quick. This DCC record is not easy to find. Now a bunch of folks are going to be looking for it again!

10. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

My 'Blue', with lift-lock case, has a black backing card. My 'Court', with a lift-lock case, has a white backing card :)

George P and yesstiles like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.