$25 Off $25.01 at eBay (YMMV)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by tomhayes, Aug 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

Did not work for me. Does it have to be one single item? I tried it with two items in my cart.

2. Russ_B66

Russ_B66 Forum Resident

I got the 3 disc White Album 50th and the 2 disc Abbey Road 50th from Import Cds for $20.70

longdist01 likes this.
  3. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

sorry if this was posted but i got an alert from ebay about this coupon and it worked for me. its for members that have been "with us from the very beginning." they also included some buying stats from over the years. not sure what qualifies as the "very beginning" but i joined January 1999.

longdist01 likes this.
  4. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Thanks, I ordered the new Stones

longdist01 likes this.
  5. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

Worked for me. I got a CD that I had been eyeing that was originally $27.99 (Kinks Ugly Pink GH) and my total was $5.75. I did get the email from ebay directly.

No guilt there! :)

SimonSaysCake likes this.
  6. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

I started August of 1999 and I didn't get it. 1999 is definitely not the "very beginning" though.

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Apparently I joined eBay in July 1998! I guess that's close enough to the beginning! :D

longdist01 likes this.
  8. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

I never seem to be lucky with this sort of thing.

susyredstripe and Strat-Mangler like this.
  9. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Same here. When I was a kid, all I seemed to get from each home while trick-or-treating was a rock.

10. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Worked for me. Never received the coupon but used the code and Bingo, that $26.97 LP was $1.97 + tax on full amount. Cool beans

longdist01 likes this.
  11. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

1-9-99 got me a $25 coupon. My other account from 1-3-98 also got me a coupon. And my third account is from Nov-26-98 but I cannot figure out the password and cannot reset it with an obsolete e-mail address.

12. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member Thread Starter

I see the message now in my eBay messages:
    A special $25 coupon just for our first members Thomas, thank you for being with us from the very beginning!
    Here's a coupon for you, plus a look back at your history with us.

You registered as xxxxxx xon 2-6-2000!

First purchase
    You scored NEW 128MB 5V FPM 168-pin DIMM on 12-5-2001.

First sale
    You cashed out with 64 MB memory for Apple Mac 6100 7100 8100 on 4-20-2002.

First app purchase

App-tastic! You got The Roots Things Fall Apart LP Numbered RSD 2013 Sealed Record Store Day Vinyl on 4-20-2013.

First offer
    Way to negotiate on DEVO Japan PROMO music LASERDISC w/obi NEW WAVE on 1-3-2006.

First watched
    You kept your eye on The Roots w/ Roy Ayers Proceed II CD single on 3-7-2008.

It's possible we missed some of your earliest activity, but hey, 25 years is a lot of data. Thanks for always being amazing.

By invitation only and applies to xxxxxxxx; coupon is not transferable.

Who's eligible for the Coupon?
    Only invited, registered eBay users who see the Coupon in My eBay Messages are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—Coupon is not transferable.

How to redeem your Coupon:
    1. Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
    2. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: HAPPY25
    3. Pay for your item by 11:59PM Pacific Time on September 10th, 2020

Terms & Conditions:
    This Coupon is a $25 discount off a minimum purchase of $25.01, valid through 11:59PM Pacific Time on September 10th, 2020. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.com, cafr.ebay.ca and ebay.ca. Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, Vehicles in eBay Motors, and Real Estate categories. Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last. Max one redemption per user. Coupon does not apply to auction-style listings or purchases made through the Best Offer feature.

Only eBay users registered on ebay.com, ebay.ca and cafr.ebay.ca, with an address located in the United States or Canada are eligible for the Coupon. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

Coupon is funded by eBay; Coupon is subject to U.S laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon, or when paying with PayPal Credit Easy Payments or Gift Cards. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time including in response to fraudulent activity.

If you are attempting to use this Coupon to buy items from both managed payments seller(s) and non-managed payments seller(s), your cart may be divided into two separate transactions. If that happens, this Coupon will be applied to the first transaction if it meets the minimum purchase requirement. If the first transaction does not meet the purchase requirement, this Coupon will not be applied. If your second transaction meets the purchase requirement, you must apply this Coupon during the second transaction.

superstar19 likes this.
  13. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

Interesting how you got it but the person in post #81 did not. I guess the date isn't the only qualifying factor.

14. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

Does anyone else find it creepy how they're mining all that data and then telling you about it in the message? I mean things bought from 2001, 2002, 2006? :laugh: I actually got one of these messages telling me about old things but no coupon code attached. Nice of them.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  15. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

At least it’s history from their own site. Doesn’t bother me.

I don’t like searching for something on one site, then seeing a bunch of ads on multiple other sites for that searched item.

longdist01, superstar19 and Rigoberto like this.
  16. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Like many people who joined near the beginning I have separate accounts for buying and selling and the coupon worked on both (both got the offer message). I started the selling account in 1997, but the records they are pulling from for your first sale and your first buy apparently only go back to around 2000. They show first sale as 2001, but I was rocking back when eBay was partying like it was 1999.

longdist01, superstar19 and mrjinks like this.
  17. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

Worked for me - Got a Tears for Fears SACD for $5.

18. tomhayes

If you can't find anything to use it on, look in the Third Party Sales forum for my item :)

My eBay FREE HUGS certificate auction - $25.01

How to redeem your Coupon:
    1. Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
    2. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: HAPPY25
    3. Pay for your item by 11:59PM Pacific Time on September 10th, 2020

19. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

I still haven't found anything to use my two coupons on. Everything is so overpriced on eBay compared to other places. And enough with the media mail shipping. Not doing that right now.

20. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Saying eBay is overpriced on everything is not only painting with a broad brush, it is also incorrect. If I had 25 coupons, I’d be able to use every one of them. Zero issues with media mail either. Things sometimes take a day or two longer, I can live with that.

Planbee, superstar19 and Davidmk5 like this.
  21. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

It's also risky buying from non-business sellers. If the sale falls through for some reason, like they don't actually have the product, I think it would be highly unlikely that eBay would re-issue the coupon.

22. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Well it looks like you are looking for every reason under the sun not to use the coupon. More power to you.

I'm currently enjoying a 5 disc box set by The Primitives that I purchased from importCDs on eBay. Longtime fan of this band and I was beyond pleased to have this arrive on my doorstep (by media mail) for less than $5.00 thanks to the coupon.

Planbee likes this.
  23. tomhayes

Last day today! It's free money - just use it! We have people in other forums selling on eBay maybe you can get a CD (or a FREE HUGS coupon) you just kind of want for super cheap.

24. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I remain unloved by eBay . . .

25. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

I ended up buying a Johnny Cash I Walk The Line SACD with one coupon and a Little Feat D**** Chicken MQA CD with the other coupon.

SJP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.