Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Mr.Mustache

Mr.Mustache Forum Resident

I just ordered

Behold Electric Guitar
    Paul Gilbert
    LP
    $8.05

Hermit
    Ron Thal
    LP
    $8.61

Revelator
    Tedeschi Trucks Band
    LP
    Release date: 9/18/2020
    $31.48

I was really wanting that Jerry Douglas Band LP too but I waited to long :{(

2. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

finally heard back from popmarket on stuff i ordered through them when DD sold out, copy paste message about limited stock etc.
    yet they never cancelled the orders and still havent.

hutlock likes this.
  3. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I just went through the same Exact thing with them .

4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Ditto.

Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  5. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

i went digging and i got a refund on one but thought it came from deep discount ...no cancel email.
    the other, i cant find any refund or any sign of cancel email. So i told them if its cancelled then please cancel the order and refund the money

Davidmk5 likes this.
  6. hutlock

My Pop Market order was never actually charged to me? Or if it was, I’m not sure how the hell I paid for it.

latheofheaven likes this.
  7. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Same , some I did PayPal some I used cc remembering the refund issues from before
    Went through and sure enough no charges so clearly cc is the way to go with these deals not PayPal

Andrew_db and hutlock like this.
  8. hutlock

Yeah I think the one I got (Bevis Frond x3) was paid by PayPal, and the one I didn’t was CC.

Andrew_db and latheofheaven like this.
  9. Andrew_db

Andrew_db Forum Resident

Yup, good call on switching to CC for Pop Market payments. I paid via PayPal too and just checked my bank statement and lo and behold, nothing was ever charged.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  10. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

yeah i'm not doing paypal again for DD or Popmarket when you're playing the will it ship lottery

Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  11. blewmaearsout

blewmaearsout Forum Resident

Check the bottom of the address label if you still have your package; I shelled out for mine as I had to miss this year's RSD drop. At the bottom of the shipping label you'll find a summation of charges: Duty $0.00 Tax $xx.xx Handling (slightly more than half of Taxes)

12. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Thanks. I will take a look. I have another one ready for pick-up at the post office. I don't mind paying the duty and taxes, but I hate going to the post office to pick it up. In fact, due to COVID, I have to get someone else to pick it up for me due to rules established in my home. Usually I can get my son to do it.

13. hutlock

Criterion Collection sale going on at DD. Only up to 45% off compared to Barnes&Noble’s 50% off, but free shipping so it is probably pretty close to a wash... That Bruce Lee set is calling me!!!

Criterion Collection Sale on DeepDiscount

14. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

i was so close to buying the bruce lee set when BN had their sale. it wasnt local but the price was available online.
    ultimately i didnt buy because the movies are available on hbo max but now im tempted again

hutlock likes this.
  15. hutlock

I’m wondering how long the DD sale will last—hoping there might be a coupon code over the holiday weekend but I don’t want to wait too long and screw myself out of it.

16. BoomStickMorris

BoomStickMorris Well-Known Member

10% off with code DEEP10, I grabbed the Bruce Lee box and the Police Story set

superstar19, Juggsnelson and hutlock like this.
  17. hutlock

AWESOME!

Juggsnelson likes this.
  18. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

AWESOME is right! They're running the Criterion sale, plus certain titles are eligible for 10-15% more if you buy 2 or 3 movies.

So I was able to grab:
    Blue Velvet
    Blood Simple
    Time Bandits
    Thief
    Scanners
    and Until The End Of The World

That gave me an extra 15% off the entire order.

Then I placed a separate order for the Cassavettes box using the DEEP10 code!

19. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Great taste....you picked some great ones!!

hutlock likes this.
  20. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

Thanks. The best part about it is that they've all been on my list for some time now.

Juggsnelson and hutlock like this.
  21. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

I just received a shipping confirmation email on one of the records from one of my many order that initially didn't ship (and I didn't get a cancellation notice). I am hopeful the other records also ship at some point!

22. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

This has happened to me numerous times. I think I only have one outstanding now - Forest of Love by The Northern Pikes, ordered on August 13. I ahve received shipping notices for all the rest, but the amount of time the orders take to get to me in Canada varies widely. If they send them by RR Donnely Logistics, they arrive in a matter of days but always attract taxes and a handiling charge and if applicable, duty. If they come USPS it takes much longer, but as long as I keep the packages relatively small, seems to escape taxes.

Davidmk5, hutlock and neubian like this.
  23. hutlock

Yeah, I’ve had that happen once or twice at least. Very likely it is returned from a store and DD hadn’t received it back yet into inventory, but they were already told it was coming. So they didn’t cancel and you had to wait a bit longer but there you go.

latheofheaven and neubian like this.
  24. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I don't understand some aspects of their system for shipping and notification. Most of my items shipped as ordered with the occasional cancellation, so no problem. I made the assumption that they would all get cancelled and I'd receive a refund. Since then, I have received a few notifications about strays shipping. Today I received a stray with no notification as a total surprise to me. Overall, I've been pleased with the Deepdiscount experience and hope that more of the strays make it my way.

Biff Jones, neubian and Juggsnelson like this.
  25. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I have not ordered from DD in years. I ordered the new Fleetwood Mac Box Set about a month ago and I have not heard anything yet. Do you they list the shipping confirmation on their website or do you just get an email when shipped? I could not find anything on the site.