uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

:confused: :shrug:

longdist01 and poidog like this.
  2. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Probably not actually shipped, but shipping label created. It can take still several days until the carrier receives the item.
    But at least it is actually on its way to you!

I have stuff I ordered months ago that is still "unfulfilled" because I stupidly mixed a preorder item with an in-stock item. The price was good. I don't mind the wait.

longdist01 and Mike H. like this.
  3. DRS614

DRS614 Active Member

Does anybody have any experience with making returns to UDiscover? One of the titles I received during their big July sale get stuck in a grove about 10 seconds into the second track. (I tried cleaning it to no avail.)

4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, this is the case with mine. Label created several days ago but no movement on it... which means it is still sitting on the shipping dock at uDiscover.

longdist01 likes this.
  5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

not udiscover, but soundofmusic. i assume they're basically the same. they were actually quite awesome to work with. sent me a replacement and a label to return the bad record. this was in may, however.

6. JohnS

JohnS Senior Member

Any discount codes going? I've just got an email about a CD box set sale and have pre-ordered the Zappa Hot Rats Sessions for £70.
    Cheapest I've seen it here, but a extra few percent off wouldn't go amiss and I'm sure I could cancel my order and place a new one - it's for stock they won't have til September.

7. markalpan

markalpan Forum Resident

Not sure about about in the UK, but on the US site the code UD20OFF works for 20% off.

I was emailed a VIP code for 25% off from uDiscover but when I enter the code at checkout it won't accept it. I'm wondering if it was a scam email or what is going on. I've contacted them and am waiting for a reply.

superstar19 likes this.
  8. JohnS

JohnS Senior Member

Thanks markalpan - but yes, as you suspected, the code is not recognised here. Boo, hiss...!

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i got one too. odd that it wouldn't work for you. were you logged in? they seem to be specifically tied to your account.

nothing of reasonable price from what i can see anyway, so i'll probably not use the coupon unless something goes on sale this week.

superstar19 likes this.
  10. japes

japes Senior Member

I got a VIP code as well and was able to use it on the Stones Studio box during the July sale. It’s legit.

hutlock likes this.
  11. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Got my flaming pie 3LP today. Yay!

longdist01, DLD and hutlock like this.
  12. hutlock

My first four records showed up yesterday, everything looked great except my copy of Art Blakey’s Buhaina’s Delight BN 80 had torn shrink — and not a little torn, like the entire portion that covers where the record sleeve opens was just GONE. Oddly, the Blue Note 80 hype sticker was still intact! The record was listed at $14.99 to start with (so after the discount it was VERY cheap) and I’m guessing that’s why. The vinyl itself looked completely spotless and untouched, no other damage to the sleeve. Hey, I’ll take it for the price for sure!

13. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

This happened with me with Flaming Pie and a bunch of Blue Note reissues. Was wondering why it was taking forever to ship but it’s because Flaming Pie was a preorder. Got everything safe and sound a week and a half ago. Can’t complain too much with how cheap the albums were after stacking coupons. I don’t mind the wait.

longdist01 and hutlock like this.
  14. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

My BN80 and Tone Poet orders arrived today. The 5 BN80s were packed tight in a regular mailer (oof) while the 6 TPs were in a big box. Upon first inspection nothing looks awry - just cracked open Turrentine’s Comin’ Your Way for a nice end (or listening start) to my evening.

On another note - sent a note to uDiscover CS to cancel my State of the Tenor Vol 1 from my preorder as after a few more listens just didn’t seem necessary. That was 4 days ago? Still no response yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And on a final note - seeing the next batch of Tone Poets listed. Anyone know when we can expect another site wide sale to stack the Comeback coupon with? I also got the unique 25% email code but want to see if it’s worth waiting for another double sale.

15. poidog

poidog Senior Member

Little Steven Box set arrives a mere 17 days after release date!

Aaaand... it's missing a booklet.

On the bright side, from what I've read, I got lucky. Some were missing all the booklets and others were missing CDs.

Now, to finally enjoy. I think I'll start with "Vote (That Mutha Out)."

longdist01 likes this.
  16. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

I don’t recall the last time they did that huge sale with stackable coupons before the most recent sale. They regularly have the coupons you mentioned and the 25% email code but don’t know that they have those site wide sales very often. Depending on what the price is, amazon might still be cheaper even with the 25% off coupon. I don’t think I’ve spent more than $25 on any Tone Poet so far.

GentleSenator likes this.
  17. hutlock

Yeah with free shipping, it’s still a very good deal!

Pretty sure they did this deal once before at least, so maybe it will become a regular thing? But they certainly haven’t done it often enough to be able to predict how whether it is worth waiting or not. My thought is that if what you are ordering is a pre-order anyway, why not at least wait until the coupon is about to expire?

Mike H. likes this.
  18. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Some preorders sell out. I think it just depends on what you plan on ordering. If you’re afraid of something selling out, don’t wait. Otherwise make a bulk order when it’s closer to the sale ending.

hutlock likes this.
  19. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

Has anyone initiated a return with uDiscover? If so, how long did you have to wait for their reply? I initiated a request on 8/29 so it’s only been 5 days but the customer service page states to not send follow up return inquiries or requests because it will delay the return authorization process.

20. WesB

WesB Forum Resident

I've done many returns with uDiscover, they always get back to me but it can take a week or more. Despite the slow response times, they're actually very easy to deal with. Usually they ask for a couple pictures of the item, I'm often returning a record that arrived warped, in which case they'll issue a refund and let me keep the warped record too.

superstar19 and topekatj like this.
  21. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I had one record in my order with bad non-fill, a Blue Note 80 title. I wrote them on 08/27 and they got back to me today 09/02 requesting a photo, which given the issue is close to impossible to provide. I wrote back about that and expect it will take a few days for a personal response, but I’ve already received an automated acknowledgement from them.

superstar19 and topekatj like this.
  22. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

Thanks for your insights @DigMyGroove and @WesB, hopefully they’ll get us sorted.

23. hutlock

Just got my shipping notice for the Stones GHS vinyl box that is released tomorrow. At least they are shipping it before release date!

24. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

I got a notice that my Goats Head Soup double LP wouldn't be shipped till mid October :cry:

25. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Looks like mine is also scheduled for tomorrow. Cool.

hutlock likes this.