Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

With the Archives II set not being released until late November (and I won't be surprised if its release date keeps getting pushed back), I won't be surprised if at some point I don't reply quickly enough to Target's continual emails asking me to approve the delay, and they cancel my order. (I recall posts by people here on SF Forums stating that Target cancelled an order when they didn't respond within something like a few minutes, but I could be mistaken.)

2. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Yes. Around 4 a.m. ET.

3. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

You weren't kidding. 4am ET here. Just got the "delay approval needed" email again - exactly one week from the last one.

This is going to happen every Thursday until November, isn't it?

Biff Jones likes this.
  4. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

I never got the email, it was just cancelled on me...

5. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

I’m still in contention. Approved the delay lickety split.

Levi's Tubs and Mike6565 like this.
  6. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

yeah, real bummer, maybe a kind soul here can PM me a spare copy for a modest profit if it actually comes through ;)

Bloom likes this.
  7. Biittner Hair Flyin'

This is already annoying, and with my understanding that Archives Vol. II won't be released until at least late November (and I assume the release date will be delayed multiple times in the future), we'll be receiving these emails from Target time and time again. Part of me feels like cancelling my order, because I assume that at some point I won't reply quickly enough to Target's email and my order will be cancelled by them anyway.

8. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Oh, but the suspense of approving these every time until the release date. . .exciting! :goodie:

Embrace the challenge! :shtiphat:

putz likes this.
  9. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

Same thing happened here.

- Kevin

10. putz

putz Forum Resident

I'm still in the game, but just waiting for that 4 am approval email and then the second one at 4:15 am that says they're cancelling because I didn't respond to the first one.

Mooserfan likes this.
  11. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

There are a few things at play here. Every 30 days you will get a hold placed on your CC. If the number is no longer valid or expired, it will get cancelled automatically. On top of that, since the release date on this keeps changing in their system but only a few weeks at a time, you’ll keep getting approval emails. During the last Target sale, I ordered 3 MoFi One Steps for $90 each. Blood on the Tracks ended up getting delayed with a backorder and it took at least 6 weeks and multiple approvals of delays but I did eventually get it.

I would be surprised if they honor this deal for the Neil Young but I’m holding out hope. I just think so many people bought it and went overboard (somebody on reddit bought 10 copies) that it’s going to get cancelled for nearly everyone.

Biittner Hair Flyin' likes this.
  12. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, at first I was nearly positive it would be cancelled and still have very little realistic hope but all these required approvals are probably weeding out a good amount of people with every round so maybe by November or whenever it's released we'll have a better chance.

Mike H. likes this.
  13. Biittner Hair Flyin'

I assume that everybody here who is still in the game received an email this morning from Target about needing another approval of the delay of the Neil Young Archives II set. I have received "Action needed: please review your new delivery date" emails from them the past four Thursdays now -- 8/27, 9/3, 9/10 and 9/17. All four arrived in my inbox within a minute of two of 4 AM.

I can't recall the latest I approved any of these four emails, but I think in at least one case it was six, maybe seven hours after 4 AM. Hopefully Target won't cancel me if I don't approve one of the future emails within, say, 15 minutes.

14. MartyTem

MartyTem Forum Resident

I received my approval request at 3 AM CST and was able to approve it at 10 or so this morning without an issue.

hutlock and superstar19 like this.
  15. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn’t seen the email but I just checked and it was there. Approved 2 minutes ago with no issues.

On another note, my Coltrane Giant Steps 60th Anniversary LP set shipped today. Sweet!

SJP likes this.
  16. floyd

floyd Senior Member

My Neil Young Archives got cancelled on the last request to approve. Unfortunately I did not see the request in time and only noticed the “cancellation” email. Seem like they are working to cancel out as much of these as they can.

17. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

I cant even approve the delay anymore on it, gives an error message:

We’re sorry, it looks like something went wrong while attempting to approve the delay.

18. Biittner Hair Flyin'

How long had it been between the time you received the email and when you responded? I mentioned above that I think I've replied as much as six or seven hours after receiving the email and not being too late. But I can see it now -- at some point in the future, very close to the release date, I'll still get an email from Target, I'll reply within, say, four hours, and will still be told NO SOUP FOR YOU.

19. floyd

floyd Senior Member

It was probably a week-so there was significant time. I just missed that email because I have a separate email address for ordering things and using in cases where I might get on a list and get a lot of spam, thus keeping my personal and business email relatively clean. So I just simply missed it for several days. I had been keeping my eye on it as I lost out on some Tone Poet releases recently, and I have a John Prine vinyl record that keeps asking me to approve. I just find once you order something and give you credit card info you shouldn’t have to play games to keep that order.

20. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

Will your Giant Steps set include the 7 inch 45rpm offered on the Rhino site?

21. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Not sure honestly—when I did the preorder all those months ago there weren’t really any product details listed at all. It’s due tomorrow so I will report back then.

Biff Jones likes this.
  22. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Are we due for another Target sale? IIRC, there was a sale late last September into early October, right?

23. poidog

poidog Senior Member

I looked at previous orders. I placed one on Oct 28th.

24. Biittner Hair Flyin'

I was thinking about that question myself last night -- and wondering if Amazon will have another 3-for-2 sale, too. Seems that Target and Amazon have them simultaneously most/all of the time.

25. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, Amazon rarely has there own sales anymore they just price match other retailers prices and sales for the most part.